[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are these tools used for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: tools.jpg (271KB, 1800x906px) Image search: [Google]
tools.jpg
271KB, 1800x906px
I inherited a bunch of tools from my grandfather and while sorting them I found a few that I don't know what they're used for. Anyone here have an idea?
The copper one on the left in the middle screws open and has like a tiny scalpel inside.
The blue one has a spring inside so you can push in the little tube to reveal a small axle inside. Sort of like a stamp.

I can provide more pics if needed.
>>
File: blue tool.jpg (387KB, 1800x1102px) Image search: [Google]
blue tool.jpg
387KB, 1800x1102px
Here's the inside axle on that blue screwdriver looking tool.
>>
>>1136617
I think you have an old version of this
>>
File: tools closeup.jpg (192KB, 1800x655px) Image search: [Google]
tools closeup.jpg
192KB, 1800x655px
And this is the little scalpel tool, the black one that has like a flat screwdriver tip and the brown tool has a nut shaped wheel with numbers 2-6 and 6 tiny wheels under it. On the other side is a screw to loosen or tighten it.
>>
File: tire_irons.jpg (95KB, 656x370px) Image search: [Google]
tire_irons.jpg
95KB, 656x370px
>>1136615
these are called tire irons. they’re needed for replacing/patching bicycle tubes.
>>
>>1136618

I thought so too but it doesn't work like one of those.
The big wheel on the bottom, you can loosen it to slide the S shaped rod back and forth about a centimeter.
The thumbscrew on top goes through the upper handle and comes out in between the two handles which means you can't close the handles all the way anymore. The jaws don't open or close at all. All you really do is open/close the little scissors plate looking thing that's attached to the spring.
>>
>>1136620
the wood handle one is a glass cutter
>>
the pliers are used to set the teeth of a sawblade
>>
File: HardHat.jpg (38KB, 570x396px)
HardHat.jpg
38KB, 570x396px
>>1136615
I think your grandpa was a dentist.
>>
>>1136615
the two hammers are tinner's hammers, just really small. Those are used to work sheet metal with some good accuracy, given you got the skill with them. Judging from the other answers, I am guessing the set is used to fix up bicycles
>>
>>1136615
from right blue handle looks like awl, wooden handle hammer probably for like mentioned glass cutter, the wooden handle tool is a glass cutter, that black penny thing center punch or scribe, the left things are for tire repair. the metal hammer reminds me on machinist hammer no idea the rest the plyer look special use
>>
>>1136618
No.

>>1136766
Yes. German type saw set pliers.
>>
>>1136617
Have that exact one, father was a carpenter. Adjusts sawblade teeth.
>>
The cooper tool in the middle left is an old generation glass cutter(1960).with a little screwdriver for replace the little cut wheel.
the littles hammers are for put nails against glass on a window
>>
>>1136617
The blue thing is for pushing finish nails.
>>
>>1136617
Hey would you be interested in selling this thing?
>>
>>1136615
>I inherited a bunch of tools from my grandfather and while sorting them I found a few that I don't know what they're used for. Anyone here have an idea?
>The copper one on the left in the middle screws open and has like a tiny scalpel inside.
>The blue one has a spring inside so you can push in the little tube to reveal a small axle inside. Sort of like a stamp.
>I can provide more pics if needed.
They look perfectly for underground torture chamber to knock people's teeth out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.