[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one have some tips on building a spit for a pig roast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pig 041-rs1.jpg (193KB, 1229x922px) Image search: [Google]
pig 041-rs1.jpg
193KB, 1229x922px
Any one have some tips on building a spit for a pig roast
>>
>>1136399
This is literally a cooking method developed by cavemen. All you need to do is create fire and understand how the wheel works. Hit+spin=survival
>>
>>1136400
so is making a fire but you can't do it right until you're taught by someone who's done it before, cunt
>>
File: RossGay_NewBioImage2015.png (56KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
RossGay_NewBioImage2015.png
56KB, 286x289px
>>1136431
>you can't do it right
Yes, and reminder that the prohibitions against chewing on pig by the various sand pirate religions is based in the horrific pan zoological parasites and pathogens you WILL get if you improperly cook the pig.

WILL.

You need to cook the ever living FUCK out of pig to remove the risk. That's something that is rather difficult to ensure with a pit fire. There are solutions, research and into them.

And as per all mammals, improper slaughter and you'll be fucked no matter what you do. And whatever you do, stay away from eating the brain. Prions.

Enjoy your trichinosis, OP.
>>
>>1136448
There are reasons to cook wild game to an internal temp of 165° f and hold it there for several minutes, but trichinosis is not one of them. Freezing is effective, and the magic temp for killing them with heat is 145° f. This is certainly not cooking "the ever loving FUCK out of it," it's actually just medium -- medium well. For wild game sure, take it to well done (165 for several minutes), but you don't have to turn it to charcoal. Did your grandmother say you have to burn the pork to eat it, or do you just not like to taste your food?
>>
>>1136464
pig roast is normally 4-10 hours not minutes. nto cusof disease but because it taste good
>>
>>1136469
I agree 100%, but in terms of food safety, a few minutes at 165° internally is safe. I'd like to know what temps are being cooked at, and what the final internal temp is. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's a relatively low cooking heat, which would explain the hours it takes to make the pig safe to eat. Basically it sounds like a big assed slow cooker with no lid.
>>
Any one have any advice on what wood to use
>>
Spitroasts are more hassle than grill bases pig pickin' and you can grill small items annoying to spit roast.

A piece of plain (NO galvanize unless dying sounds like fun) expanded metal over a cinder block or other crude pit or over a split barrel or oil tank works fine.

Slow cooking isn't just to ensure sanitation. It brings out delicious flavors. We typically cooked overnight for a party next day. (Find a reliable alcoholic who doesn't sleep to monitor da pig.)
>>
>>1136570
Grill based.
>>
>>1136399
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMh_h4VgjJ8

Gear box from a power wheels
>>
File: personal_08_neubert.png (731KB, 857x597px) Image search: [Google]
personal_08_neubert.png
731KB, 857x597px
get you some high speed bearings for the rotisserie and crank the motor to 11

its basic physics, the faster it spins the more heat is produced thus pig gets cooked faster.
thank me later.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.