[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey dudes, is there any way to make it comfortable to sleep in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 9843162.jpeg.jpg (630KB, 2886x1882px) Image search: [Google]
9843162.jpeg.jpg
630KB, 2886x1882px
Hey dudes, is there any way to make it comfortable to sleep in your car for a couple months?

pic related
>>
> Remove the passenger seat
> Replace with thick mat
> Cover with sleeping bag
> ???
> Profit?

I mean, what's your minimum amount of potential comfort? How much do you care about passenger carrying capacity? Etc?
>>
>>1136348
Yeah I mean I kinda could do that but that would be white trash as fuck anon, I think.

I want the ability to sleep comfy in my car without it looking like fucking hobo tier.
>>
>>1136345
Take the passenger and back seat out
And build a sleeping platform
>>
>>1136352
If you are living in a car you are a hobo
Might as well be a well rested one.
>>
mod the back seat hollow enough to hide yourself inside, complete with cushion underneath it
>for a camera / sensor, get a 20 dollar thing that sticks on your back seat window
>>
>>1136354
>If you are living in a car you are a hobo
Not really, just trying to land a job away from home and need a way to cut expenses.
>>
>>1136357
Get better gas mileage if ya take your seats out.
>>
>>1136358
I thought about that long ago before having the need to sleep in it. Less weight would really help with the lack of power of my old car.
>>
>>1136345
I lived in my Saab 9 3 for two months (with a 40 lb dog). It was barely different from camping in a tent. Fold down one of the rear seats, move the front seat all the way forward, and stuff something in the gap between the folded-down seat and the front seat. Put down a standard camping air mattress lengthwise (obviously) from the back of the trunk to the back of the front seat, and sleep in a sleeping bag like you would in a tent. Make sure to crack a window or two so the condensation doesn't build up. It's kind of difficult to get into and out of, but it's very comfy once you're in.

In the morning, just take your sleeping bag and mattress and stick them in the trunk, and fold up the rear seat, and it'll look just like normal. No modifications needed.
>>
File: 1459714032210.jpg (361KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1459714032210.jpg
361KB, 1536x2048px
>>1136361
That may actually work quite well, thanks.
>>
>>1136361
where did you park?
>>
>>1136365
I almost always parked at trailheads. The AT runs right through my area, so there were a lot of options. I tried to not stay in the same place more than twice in each week. If I weren't lucky enough to have so many trailheads, I would have parked either in Wal-Mart parking lots, or at whichever pull-offs tractor trailer driver's tend to stay at. If none of those options were available, any vacant parking lot which doesn't have a ban on overnight parking. In any case, be up early, before most people are on the roads.

I spent one week at an actual campground, where I pitched a tent and had showers and stuff.
>>
You're fucking retarded op. Not because of your original but because of your responses. Have fun dealing with the cops of nothing else.
>>
>>1136402
>wanting to save money
>retarded
How so, faggot?
>>
>>1136345
Get as dark of window tint as legally possible
>>
File: IMG_1820.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1820.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
This could work depending on if you sleep in the fetal position. If not then >>1136361 has a good idea. Fold the back seat down and use the trunk space for your feet. You also might invest in a cigarette lighter fan to keep the air circulating. Crack the windows to keep condensation out.
>>
>>1136345
I drive a 1995 Honda Accord. Idk if your car has the same feature, but I can fold down the back seats and sleep in the trunk/back when I have to. I have to angle at a diagonal to be comfortable, but I am 6'2" so I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>1136465
I have the same car i took out the rear seats and passenger seats. So there is a big gap from trunk to the cabin. I can haul more stuff and I kind of like it that way now even if it looks ghetto
>>
Have you seen Top Gear Nile Special? They camped in their cars for a good deal of that trip, and some of them looked pretty comfy. Take out back seat and passenger seat, lay down a camping mattress or a foam pad, bada bing bada boom
>>
>>1136361
Years ago, i had to live in my car for some months, too. It kinda sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

>>1136398
I parked at the parking lots at my workplaces.

>>1136402
Actual cops don't care if you're not breaking any laws or bothering people, and you're a normal person with a job and shit. Sure, eventually they're going to talk to you, but you don't act like a shady motherfucker. You tell them you're taking a nap. You point to the building over there and say you work there and you're to tired to drive. Nobody gives a shit after they find out you're not a bum or a drug dealer.
>>
>>1136666
>but you don't act like a shady motherfucker
>>
My trunk opens up into my back seat. I sleep in that all the time. Fold the seats down and sleep good.
>>
File: img_1050.jpg (120KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
img_1050.jpg
120KB, 640x640px
Make sure you get chicken fingers. The good kind
>>
>>1136456
>>1136361
>condensation
listen to these two. sleeping inside with the windows up will fog up all the windows like there are people inside fucking. it is an immediate signal to anyone seeing it that there are people inside sleeping or fucking, such as cops, thieves, or just neighbors who might not like vagrants sleeping on their street. crack a window, the sunroof, or keep the trunk slightly cracked.
>>
File: hrstftn1yintnb8xbmor.jpg (72KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hrstftn1yintnb8xbmor.jpg
72KB, 800x450px
>>
How do you survive on the cold nights?
>>
>>1137368
Does your car not have heat?
>>
>>1136345
>>>/out/
can we please just direct all homeless threads there from now on? they love this shipping container metho stove how to build a fire meme posts.

dont forget to check out /ck/ for instructions on how to cook noodles
>>
>>1137612
You have to turn the car off to avoid cops etc
>>
>>1137632

So you're retarded?
>>
>>1137368
Sleeping bag?
Wear sweatpants and a sweater and beanie when you go to sleep.

also a couple of the sun shields are nice for the windows to keep eyes from looking in and light out. But it makes it nice for burglars too
>>
>>1136352
You know what else is white trash as fuck? Living in your car. You are a hobo, that is beyond dispute. All you get to choose is whether or not you're a comfy hobo.
>>
>>1137623
>can we please just direct all homeless threads there from now on?

Why?
He obviously wants an apparatus to sleep in his car. He didnt ask where to hike out into the woods and be homeless.
>>
>>1138450
>All you get to choose is whether or not you're a comfy hobo.

No
You get to choose whether it LOOKs like you are sleeping in your car or not.

Sleeping in your car is not inherently white trash.
Ripping seats out certainly makes your car look white trash though
>>
>>1137788
If you're leaving your car running the whole night with the heat on that's using a load of gas on idle. If you're living out of your car money is something that is gonna be tight. Just using a sleeping bag/layered clothing is adequate for night as long as you're not in north Saskatchewan or anything.
>>
>>1138461
>If you're leaving your car running the whole night with the heat on that's using a load of gas on idle.

Dont ignore the wear and tear on your car bit.
Letting your car idle is horrible for it
>>
File: 1467080906411.jpg (32KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
1467080906411.jpg
32KB, 310x309px
>>1138457
denial is the first step to acceptance, anon.
>>
>>1136666
>Actual cops don't care if you're not breaking any laws or bothering people
it's illegal to overnight in parking lots in some states
>>
>>1137368
same way you would when you camp, warm sleeping bag, warm blankets, and warm clothes
>>
>>1139371

It's hard to find solid info on this. If I'm driving and tired, can't I pull into a rest stop and sleep a while? It's hard to believe they'd ticket you for doing something that's a lot safer than trying to keep awake.
>>
>>1136345
heroin, lived in my car some time and its the best way
>>
>>1136666
>Actual cops don't care if you're not breaking any laws or bothering people, and you're a normal person with a job and shit. Sure, eventually they're going to talk to you, but you don't act like a shady motherfucker. You tell them you're taking a nap. You point to the building over there and say you work there and you're to tired to drive. Nobody gives a shit after they find out you're not a bum or a drug dealer.

The dickhead cops get around a lot, so even if the nice ones leave you alone you're bound to run into an asshole if you just camp out in your car for months.
>>
>>1139371
>>1139472
truck stops are a special exception to these laws. you can legally sleep in your car at a truck stop, rest area, or KOA in every state. but you may run into issues if the same cop sees you there multiple nights in a row.
>>
>>1136352
1. Tint your windows at least 20% but probably 5%
2. Get those sun reflectors
3. recline your seat
3a. if it doesn't recline far enough take out the back seat
4. sleep
>>
>>1139371
It's only illegal if you get caught. And if you get caught the cops let you go because of how depressing you are. But you shouldn't be parking in places you'll get caught anyway
>>
>>1138450
This guy's right OP. I worked in a shelter and by definition you are considered a hobo.
>>
>>1139553
>having an house
>having some monie
>sleeping in car by choice because you don't wanna pay rent while away from home
>hobo
No.
>>
>>1138639
http://www.businessinsider.com/google-employee-lives-in-truck-in-parking-lot-2015-10

Living out of your car doesnt mean you live like Ricky
>>
>>1139776
I can't imagine how much that eats up in gas.

A Ford e 250 seems like it'd be roomy enough
>>
I seriously can't believe how many people actually sleep in their cars. This thread has been enlightening, in the most negative sense possible.
>>
>>1139786
The amount of people in their 20s living at home is staggering.
Think about the people without parents to fall back on.

Also there are a ton of people living in storage units too. Times are tough for some people
>>
>>1139792
>Times are tough for most people
ftfy
>>
>>1139792
There's a lot of dead people "living" in storage units too.

t. A guy burying two people recovered from a storage unit.
>>
>>1138461
A guy I knew died in a car as he slept in it while idling. There was some kind of fault that made something smoulder and he died of the gasses during the night. It was over 20 years ago so the details are quite fuzzy...
>>
>>1139821
>the detail are quite fuzzy...

Anon! Open the door and shut off the engine!
>>
>>1136345
Be an Uber driver for a couple hours a day and go to a hostel.
>>
>>1139835
>Thinking outside the coupe
>>
>>1136352
>Wants to sleep in car
>Judges hobos
>>
>>1139835
Uber only lets you drive newer cars
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.