[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tool Belts, Pouches, Boxes, and Bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tools_belts_pouches_bags.jpg (3MB, 2268x3024px) Image search: [Google]
tools_belts_pouches_bags.jpg
3MB, 2268x3024px
What do you use to store and hold your tools?

I'm having a bit of a crisis here. I don't seem to know what I want.
>>
>>1136226

Try to see what other guys use who are doing similar things to what you do. Usually they have done it all the wrong ways, but not always, so feel free to incrementally improve on what they do.

The key, of course, is to have what you need frequently close at hand. Something you use once a week can stay in the truck. Something you use every few minutes should be in a pocket, pouch, or tool belt.

Just try to avoid lugging 50 lbs of tools to the work site when you only use 10 lbs every day. Those tote bins are great for carrying lots of extraneous equipment quickly, but don't overdo it and ruin your back.
>>
Most experienced people do three or four main tool boxes and they keep a smaller box or pouch that carries their main tools.

You have a core set of tools that you use constantly and the rest are carried as needed.

You can always spot the apprentice plumbers as they carry their big ass box full of pipe wrenches around for everything.
>>
I wish I had a cool job like rigging or factory maintenance where I could justify those cool ass backpacks. Walking around someone's house with a backpack is just fucking gay.
>>
german electrician here:

Using a Parat Silverline toolkit case for the big jobs and a Parat New Classic Bag for the small jobs.
>>
>>1136287
Is it true in Germany that almost everyone does quality work and take their time to square shit up and do it properly? Because that sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>1136292

Yeah, it kind of is true.

But it got less. Most of the young workers today are hipsters and gender fuckfaces, they don't care about quality work that much anymore like the old generations.
>>
>>1136295
Man that would be incredible, here in New Zealand absolutely no one gives a fuck. Got a problem? Too bad, deal with it in the fastest way possible because no one is ever given enough time to do a quality job.

If you fuck something up its even worse, anyone can patch an accidental dink or scrape in a new wall or whatever, bit nope got to get the fucking painters back out and then you get raged at because now your boss has to foot the fucking 200 dollar bill even though it would take me 10 minutes to fix it.
>>
>>1136298

Sorry to hear that, but that's also a reason german engineers get traded the same price as unicorns.
>>
Im a pipefitter in a shipyard and I use a flameproof ergonomic backpack made by a company called bag products. I've tried looking it up online but cant find it anywhere.
>>
File: IMG_1786.jpg (56KB, 487x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1786.jpg
56KB, 487x280px
>>1136226
Working as a framer right now, have a tool box on the back of my truck for the bigger stuff such as levels my own nail gun and random stuff. I use pic related as my current tool belt and Leather seems like it holds up better than any other material.
>>
>>1136310
http://bagproducts.com/
>>
>>1136310
>pipefitter
I was working as a sort of pipefitter helper/pipefitter apprentice in North Dakota before the oil crash, and then I had a lot of trouble finding a job anywhere because all the out of work fitters and welders were looking for jobs at the same time. Has the job market opened up any? I'd love to be doing a trade again, instead of just basic road construction labor.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.