[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pallet table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: a.jpg (214KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
214KB, 1200x902px
Daily reminder that pallet furniture is shit tier.
>>
File: b.jpg (181KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
181KB, 1200x902px
But I decided to make it anyway.
>>
File: c.jpg (206KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
206KB, 1200x902px
Because I don't intend to stay in this flat much longer.
>>
File: d.jpg (199KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
199KB, 1200x902px
And there is this ass rustling corner that is sticking out of the wall.
>>
File: e.jpg (232KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
232KB, 1200x902px
That makes buying a standard cheap table impossible.
>>
File: f.jpg (200KB, 902x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
200KB, 902x1200px
Having one made to measure would be a waste of my hard earned money because >>1136090
>>
File: g.jpg (205KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
205KB, 1200x902px
And I need a big enough table for my junk.
>>
File: h.jpg (113KB, 902x1200px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
113KB, 902x1200px
So here it is.

Cost me about 40-50europoors for:

Various lenghts of woodscrews
Steel brackets
Wood composite board
Roll of vinyl flooring thing
Cork boards
Wood glue

And about 4-6pallets that we usually give/throw away at work.
>>
File: 1483817920483.png (131KB, 744x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1483817920483.png
131KB, 744x1026px
>pallets
>>
Meh. Pallet wood is usually shitty but if you hunt for it you can find some nice stuff.
An old man I knew worked at a tool shop and they'd get tools shipped on pallets made of mahogany, was beautiful. This summer I found some red oak beams this summer used to ship tractor parts.
>>
>>1136088
My gf is sitting next to me and she laughed audibly at your that over complicated monstrosity.
0/10 apply yourself
>>
>pallets
>3DPG
>no stain or finish

at least you know its shit

sell it on your way out of the flat for 200euros
>>
>>1136090
..was ok up till here.
>>
>>1136151
I wouldn't bother hunting for nice pallets when regular furniture boards are accessible.
>>1136160
How is it complicated...
>>1136161
No sane person would give money for this, maybe hipsters.
3DPG is?
>>1136174
Because lacking support? The shelves are sturdily connected to each other and provide horizontal support.
Tried it and it holds plenty weight.
>>
>>1136195
>I wouldn't bother hunting for nice pallets when regular furniture boards are accessible.

If you're poor like me you would.
>>
>>1136151
Same. Except I don't hunt. I just have a buy in town who has guys who call him when they get good wood. Oak and maple mostly.
>>
>>1136202
>>1136195
If you can hunt/call for an hour and find a single oak pallet, you'll pay $5 for $100 worth of wood.

So if you make more than $100/hr - having a hook-up isn't worth your time. But you don't, so it is.

I used to have an oak/maple pallet guy but I was walking my dogs last fall and met a dude who runs a rural demo business. He sells bulk to businesses but sells individuals from his backyard. I know you'll incorrectly call bullshit, but I pay the same for 70+ year old walnut from this guy as I do for fir at HD.

Get hookups - have dudes for everything - be a dude for something.
>>
>>1136205
>but I pay the same for 70+ year old walnut from this guy as I do for fir at HD.
(you)
>>
>>1136088
Congrats on making something and posting OC. Something this board rarely does.

I hate pallet furniture but it serves a purpose and that I can agree with.
>>
File: ronald.jpg (35KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
ronald.jpg
35KB, 810x540px
>>1136095
you know they make corner desks that have that cutout in the corner that would go around that obstruction.... but this is /diy/ and you solved a problem with the power of creation. many DIY points to you anon. have a ronald mcdonald salute
>>
>>1136151
My dad once had to change an entire roof on a fairly large and old church. He got a shitload of those beams and boards home. I wanted to use it for something (can't remember what it was like 15 years ago) and started to scrap andsand away that top layer from a 100 year old beam. I completely lost my shit when i noticed the red beneath. All of that wood was mahogany. It was old, cracked and had some nail holes but god damn it was still a shitload of fucking mahogany.
>>
Where do you get pallet wood, or do you just dumpster dive
>>
>>1136316
In my city, there's a Mounds pet supply store where you can get food grade (HT) pallets, and a Festival Foods for the same. I'd imagine it's the same anywhere. Ask your local pet stores if they throw away pallets. If they do, snatch them. The food grade regs are pretty stringent on reuse.

For hardwood pallets, check Craigslist. Pallet guys are usually selling there.
>>
>>1136214
Yep. Less if he's trying to make space. Got two 1x12s for $8 apiece last time I stopped by. Good dude. Wife looks like Betty White with gigantic knockers. It's a weird combo.
>>
>>1136205
>Get hookups - have dudes for everything - be a dude for something.

Solid-sounding advice I guess.

Also, OP, those are some nice fucking pallets.
Where I live I think most of them get recycled/bought back by the supplier, so the only free ones I have been able to find are shit-tier. It is not worthwhile to spend money on hardware for shit you wouldn't want inside your house.

Currently working on making a crappy potato planter out of one though, using nothing but scrap I had lying around. Maybe pics if this thread is still up when I finish it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.