/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach Shirt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: C4EimPlWcAEKoYc.jpg large.jpg (139KB, 805x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C4EimPlWcAEKoYc.jpg large.jpg
139KB, 805x1199px
Probably the most pleb of DIY projects, but I want to make pic related.

Is it possible with bleach to get it as white as pic related and have a decent looking black T-shirt with the Neo Geo logo on it?

Uploading hires of the logo so someone can tell me if it would look like shit...
>>
File: Neo-geo-logo2.svg.png (88KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Neo-geo-logo2.svg.png
88KB, 1024x1024px
This, but just the letters in white on a black T
>>
go get a shirt and do it
>>
>>1135996
will it bleed and look rounded and messy?
>>
>>1135997
that would be the point of doing it to find out

if you want a cheap result, just make a stencil and use some white paint
>>
>>1135960
No. Tha'ts silkscreened.
>>
>>1135960
Where did you get the idea that was bleach? That's screen printed.

Bleaching it will probably just make brown splotches.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1012150477_7xhd.jpg (478KB, 1396x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1012150477_7xhd.jpg
478KB, 1396x1500px
>>1136009
>>1136007
No I know that's bleach, never once thought it wasn't. I just want a cool Neogeo shirt, but I was hoping that if I used enough bleach on a stensil, it would atleast be white enough and perhaps look decent after a few dozen washes.
>>
>>1136010
the only chance that might have is if you make a positive template and paint around it with fabric modge podge or something to seal it so the bleach doesn't soak too far

that's assuming it even goes back to a clean color

go to hobby store
look for screen print ink
make template
use foam brush to paint over stencil in layers

nothing will last, doing it with at least the less-bad-wrong way will give a less-bad result
>>
>>1136011
How is the durability on a pattern of a shirt using this method? I think I will try this regardless.
>>
File: logo.png (268KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
268KB, 2550x3300px
>>1136014
better than an iron on transfer or spray painting, but probably not going to be on par with a vinyl heat transfer

it's the best option for the price and simplicity

>google bleached shirt
>might end up with a brown shirt rather than white
>possible, but closer to white would mean multiple coats

>fit attached pic to 8.5x11
>>
>>1135960
>Buy $2 bottle of bleach
>buy $2 black shirt
>buy $1 spray bottle
>test it
>>
>>1135960
buy white screen printing ink and brush it on with a foam brush it will look a million times better and wont be expensive at all. it will not get white with bleach.
>>
>>1136016
Damn, thanks for the Vector anon. I appreciate it.

I also appreciate all the other advice in this thread.
>>
File: logo2.png (270KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
logo2.png
270KB, 2550x3300px
>>1136025
sure

if you don't care about the circle, this is a bit bigger and better spaced

regardless of the method, it is a good idea to back with paper with wax/freezer paper using contact spray or even glue stick, so it doesn't start to fall apart when it gets wet
>>
>>1136029
Thanks again, I was going to not use the circle anyway, so this is perfect!

I have some glossy photo paper I was going to use and hopped that would be suitable. Guess I'll find out and maybe double some wax paper on it to be sure.
>>
>>1136033
oh that should be fine; anything thicker than regular printer paper
>>
>>1135960

I'm liking everything going on in OP's pic
>>
>>1135960
>geologist
>sexy legs

Girl in pic is a fraud
>>
Bleach turns black pink or brown. Make a stensil and take your time paint screen printing ink on it. Let it dry the send out the bursh stroke and throw it in the oven for the door open at the lowest sitting for 30 minutes or so to set the ink so it doesn't fade and wash out as quick.

>>t. Screen printer for 2 years
>>
>>1136869
I laughed pretty hard
>>
I'm a t-shirt printer by trade so here is my take on it.

White needs to be either screen printed (with plastisol ink as water based won't be opaque enough) or easier would be a heat transfer vinyl transfer. HTV would be easier for a one off. Are you based in the uk? If so I can send you one.
>>
>>1135960
>buy bleach
>destroy hoodie
>drink bleach
Rip in peace
>>
Hydrogen peroxide would bleach it white. Sodium hypochlorite (standard bleach) will make it yellow
>>
Bleach works fine, dilute it frist, no longer than 10 mins or 1/2 the lighness then dunk in water/sink. It will lighten up soon enough.
>>
>>1136453
really? it's pretty cheap and trashy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.