[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about precise, powerful fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 469856.gif (211KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
469856.gif
211KB, 500x276px
Not sure where to look and my google results haven't yielded anything useful, so I thought maybe this community would know something. I'm not really familiar with electronics like this.

Basically I want a fan that's powerful and can be precisely controlled. Perhaps something I can stack on top of another to create more force if one isn't enough. I essentially want to experiment with wind simulation, so optimally the fan would be easily controlled through software and be able to change speed fast. And optimally the range of force would be from as light as a breeze to as powerful as we can reasonably get for cheap projects.

If there's anything commercially available I'd love to know about it but again I haven't found anything on Google personally.
>>
>>1135916
>how do i fan powerful and precise and change speed fast? it is for simulation
>as powerful as we can

YES WE CAN go back to school jimmy you are fucking talking nonsense
>>
>>1135920
I am new and know nothing about what the thing in which I'm looking for. What would I go back to school for? That would not help because I am seeking for possible advice about 1. what kind of options there are or aren't on the market and 2. to know at a glance what range of options may be possible with some DIY but inexpensive work. I'm not asking for something within some spec, I'm looking to see what specs are even available for the kind of application I'm going for, which I believe I specified with enough specificity.
>>
>>1135916
a)no idea what the fuck you want to do
b)you will just have to make it yourself, if it was even available commercially, it would be very expensive
>>
>>1135916
1. get an old treadmill, one that works but is otherwise undesirable.
2. strip it down to the control panel and the motor+related electronics
3. stick a giant fan on the shaft of the motor
4. control the fan speed with the original panel or get fancy and patch an arduino in for extra street cred
>>
>>1135916
A bouncy house fan.

Or steal one of those floor drying fans they use in Wal-Mart when its raining outside.
>>
>>1135929
a. well I could say experiments with motion perception in absence of vestibular sensation, but would that help?

b) this is input that is useful to me, thank you.

>>1135935
That's a very creative and probably feasible idea, I'll see where it leads, thank you.

>>1135938
Well those are possible leads as well I guess, thank you.

Seems I very clearly need to get to work on learning about arduinos and the related tech.
>>
File: ritter_max.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ritter_max.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
Depends on how powerful you need, but something like a ritter fan is what they use in movies to create fake wind. If you're in a major city where they do film work, you could probably rent one to test. Speed is controlled by lowering the voltage I believe.
>>
>>1135916
You want to achieve laminer flow to optimise effect of fan.
>>
>>1135916
2 words

>squirrel cage
>>
>>1135938
#squirrel cage
>>
>>1135942
>motion perception in absence of vestibular sensation
Senpai I gotta tell you, at the point where you're using a powerful fan, the guy you're experimenting on isn't going to be hearing jack shit other than
>WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
These fans run at 200W, make 80dB of noise, and blast air like a motherfucker.

I'm pretty sure you're not going for running a leafblower next to a guy's face.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.