[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etsy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
10KB, 300x300px
Anybody here have any experience with selling through Etsy?
I just sold some pallet wood bar stools at a yard sale for $25 each.
Similar stuff on Etsy sells for $90 and up (plus shipping).
I'm wondering if I should make a bunch of bar stools and sell them on Etsy,
Tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
>>1135823
>Similar stuff on Etsy sells for..
you need to be a faggot to do that, Etsy is actually a well-disguised prostitution racket. They exchange fucked-up bits of broken pallets as tokens, whereby you can further exchange these for cash or sexual services. And I'm not even gonna tell you what 'pallet bar stools, artisanal' is secret code for - just be thankful, you were warned in time, is all. When you think about some of the stuff thar 'sells' on Etsy - really? - this was always the only logical explanation
>>
cash in hand vs. convincing someone what you're selling, paying fees, paying shipping, time to package and ship the stuff, dealing with returns/bad customers

>unless you want to catfish them and pretend to be a lesbian or something so you can squeeze more money from them....
>>
>>1135843
also taxes, I'm assuming they report that stuff to the government
>>
>>1135842
>>
File: HtC4i7Z.gif (688KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
HtC4i7Z.gif
688KB, 320x246px
>>1135843
>cash in hand
It looks like I can get a LOT more for this stuff on Etsy.

>>1135844
>also taxes,
Damn. That might be the hidden flaw.
>>
I sell t-shirts on etsy, it's actually not a bad platform for selling shit. The fees are low but shipping is going to be brutal for such large / heavy items. Have you looked into shipping costs?
>>
>>1135852
>It looks like I can get a LOT more for this stuff on Etsy.

"after gross net deduction profit percentage deferment ten percent of the nut...."

you'd be better off trying to find a boutique or consignment place nearby willing to sell them
>>
>>1135858
your own designs, or rip offs?
whats the margin on those anyway, y' dont mind my asking?

Just started selling electronic shit on ebay again, holy shit, forgot why i stopped previously.
Time ebay/Paypal/Post Fuckers have all had their pound of flesh, fuck all left for the taxman - plus, you get the fun of packing, and dealing with idiots. Good yard sale is a thing of simplistic beauty, you dunno when you got it good OP.
>>
>>1135865
My own designs, I sell a LOT so I buy blanks dirt cheap, like £1 for a good quality tee and sell for about £10
>>
>>1135865
Oh and fuck ebay, not worth the time.
>>
>>1135865
Tees are good and quite easy to get into but to make any profit you have to be selling a fuck ton of them, it's my full time job and I pulled in about 90K last year between my own websites, Etsy and contract printing. I can if I wish sell t-shirts at £5 a pop and more than double my money.
>>
File: gallagher.jpg (33KB, 542x600px) Image search: [Google]
gallagher.jpg
33KB, 542x600px
>>1135858
>shipping is going to be brutal for such large / heavy items.
I'm on the east coast. Places near me will run about $12-15 per stool. The west coast is up to $43.
But that's what most other people are charging for similar items.

>>1135860
>"after gross net deduction profit percentage deferment ten percent of the nut...."
Etsy wants 3.5% of the item cost, plus 3% of the total with shipping for credit card processing. That actually sounds pretty cheap.

>>1135865
>. Good yard sale is a thing of simplistic beauty, you dunno when you got it good OP.
The problem is the volume. I'm hoping I can move more online.
And then there's the price. These people want 4-5 times what I can get at a yard sale (plus purchaser covers shipping).
I'm just skeptical about whether anybody actually sells anything at the prices I've seen on their site.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.