[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ding dong dead mouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Have item in pic, wireless door chime.

I'm trying to come up with a way to wire it to a trap, so it sounds when the trap has been triggered.

I thought of maybe attaching some fishing line to the bar, and the other end to a piece of something breaking the battery connection(s) so when the trap was set off, it would pull the thing out, restoring power. The main problem is that I doubt it could be hooked up to more than one trap.

Ideally it would something that would activate when the connection between the metal bar and the retaining hook is broken.

>yes, there are products that do this already, but those would be like at least another $15 oop, so I'd like to try to /diy/ something first
>>
your requirements are clear as mud, but maybe this video can point you in the right direction:

DIY Dollar Store Alarm tripwire "Low Tech Security" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB4X2EBykwE
>>
>>1134772

in case it wasnt clear, the idea is to wire the magnetic switch across the doorbell remote's switch.
>>
>>1134772
>>1134773
it doesn't have a magnetic switch, it's like a doorbell

although one with a magnet probably would have been better
>>
progress....it's just a single push button, I can easily solder wires to bypass the switch (which should mean a continuous chime), now I just need a way to connect them to the mousetrap
>>
>>1134757
Where is the dead mouse going that is so time sensitive? Just check the trap every 6-8 hours.
>>
>>1134824
they're placed in an inconvenient location, and as far as I know I killed them all for now

but when they eventually come back, I'd like to know one is in the trap before it decomposes
>>
>>1134827
Where do you live where decomposition is instantaneous, Shrek?
>>
>it doesn't have a magnetic switch, it's like a doorbell

okay i gotta explain it in baby steps:
- you attach a magnet to the thing that moves
- you place the dollar store magnetic switch close to the magnet
- you wire the magnetic switch from the dollar store alarm doodad across the doorbell remote switch contacts - you dont use the buzzer in the alarm, in fact the alarm unit stays unpowered
- when the thing with the magnet moves away from the magnetic switch, it closes the switch which sends a signal to the doorbell, just like if someone had pressed the button.
>>
>>1134757
Why don't you just put the button on the mouse's neck?
>>
>>1134831
they start to smell pretty fast

with some kind of notifier if the traps are tripped, I don't have to worry about daily checking

>>1134844
if someone was going to do that, why wouldn't they use just the door alarm

>>1134847
I don't have enough wire to follow them
>>
>>1134851
They make wireless door chimes, retard.
>>
File: Mouseville CEO.png (475KB, 787x442px) Image search: [Google]
Mouseville CEO.png
475KB, 787x442px
Attach one wire to the spring loaded "arm"
Attach the other to a tack, just on the kill side holding a flimsey spring that comes into contact with (but not interfears with) the spring loaded arm.
Use a flimsey spring because the arm stopping point will vary, depending on the mouse.
>>
>>1134884
yeah, something like that...I'll have to find a thin enough piece of metal that can flex but not be too stiff
>>
Nope nope nope nope not good enough faggot.

>mouse trap activated
>robot comes out and cuts up mouse
>video records it self doing the entire thing and puts it up on youtube
>leaves pieces of dead rat in 50ft perimeter around house as warning to other mice
>paints little signs in its blood, doesn't say anything, just covered in mouse blood
>>
>>1135235
you....you might want to see somebody
>>
>>1135412
I don't tend to do well with the ladies.
>>
File: 3177508.jpg (164KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
3177508.jpg
164KB, 1920x800px
>>1135235
Dark. I like it!
One problem: mice ignore dead comrades. In fact youtube has several vids that show them eating next to, or taking food, from their dead friends. Filthy vermin.
>>
>>1135235
just get a lizard like this guy.
0m 22s mark.

https://youtu.be/OOPgtXaWHcA
>>
>>1135560
already have cats; they're pretty good about tracking any of the ones they see, but they do have to see them, then basically sit and wait
>>
https://youtu.be/5Q9iy152Dg0?t=390
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.