[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0154.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0154.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Recently obtained 5 speakers from a coworker for free (x2 15W 8Ω, x1 10W 8Ω, and x2 5W 8Ω).

My question: how do I test them? They have those clips that you stick speaker wire into and plug into a stereo system, but I don't have a stereo system to use.

I don't want to put a huge amount of money into them right away, because they seem a bit old and may not be the best quality.
>>
>>1134566
>and may not be the best quality.
do they have any markings on it, besides impedance and "wattage" ?

i.e I'm asking for :
- # of watts at 96db SPL/1m
and/or
- speaker sensibility : # of dB SPL at 1W

Those parameters are important so I can tell you if it's worth spending some time in testing/restoring them or not
>>
>>1134568
No other markings on any of them (the two medium ones are missing the back panels). I also tried looking up the speakers online and I didn't find anything useful about them.

Two biggest ones are Pioneer, model CL-35, smallest one has no brand name but says model 411 on it.
>>
>>1134577
>Pioneer model CL-35
Can you pull the grill cloth and take a picture of exposed speakers, so I know how many based faggots are living there
>>
>>1134583
>based faggot
What
>>
>>1134591
you don't have any based faggots living in your speakers? What kind of pleb are you?
>>
>>1134591
>based faggots

Is this bait ? How new are you ?

I'm talking about the loudspeakers being mounted inside that cabinet, so far I've traced back those speakers to some Japanese site,and they seems pretty based. I'm looking for detailed spec but so far can they are kinda worth testing
>>
File: speaker foam rot.png (175KB, 418x200px) Image search: [Google]
speaker foam rot.png
175KB, 418x200px
>>1134566
Before you even think of plugging them in, take off the grills on them and make sure that the foam is not rotted away like pic related.
>>
>>1134577

More specs for Pioneer CL-35 here:
http://www.kallhovde.com/pioneer/doc-database/Speaker%20Systems.htm
>>
>>1134566
Get a $20 Lepai amp and some wire
>>
>>1134595
If they are pioneers look for FB drivers. Those came in the cs-*xxx*a models and are actually worth money. Those are great, but i think anon has the model number wrong. Or they are the lowend garbage speakers that are ever present, but anon needs pics for a good answer.
>>
>>1134626
Wait nevermind those are garbage speakers. They were sold with a pioneer centrix system, if you dont have speakers though, you can hook those up to a lepai like someone said. Just dont spend money on them if the surrounds are gone.
>>
Get 9v battery and connector. Touch wires to speaker terminals. If you hear something they are good... click or pop.
>>
>>1134658
>DC current applied to speaker
Best way to permanently magnetize the speaker coil, hence ruining it.

tl,dr;
OP consider plugging directly one of those speakers to your soundcard :
- if you can hear decent sound without pushing volume controls to the limit, it means you have high-sensibility speakers (good) hence a little amp (or event no amp if they happen to be 98-99db SPL @ 1W speakers) would do the job quite well.
- you hear nothing or very faint sound : it means you will need a quite powerfull amp, your mileage varying from 10W to 50W depending on speakers sensibility to reach the 96db SPL @ 1W

Best idiot-proof method, that actually test speakers like actual speakers and tells quite enough about speakers sanity and the whole worthiness of the project
>>
>>1134662
>to reach the 96db SPL @ 1W
to reach the 96db SPL level (obviously the required power to reach that level can't be 1W as it's unknown)

for those unfamiliar with decibels, a 96 dB SPL level is like when your are based at the first floor of your house, having a peaceful cup of coffee, and your brethren suddenly start playing with machine guns (or, more actually, nigger start messing with pneumatics drills) right down the street.
>picrelated.jpg
>>
File: 17424656_byYj4.jpg (58KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
17424656_byYj4.jpg
58KB, 620x465px
>>1134794
reuploading pic, because shit-tier captcha 404'd it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.