[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any insight on moving a single-wide trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Does anyone have any insight on moving a single-wide trailer either DIYing it with rented or borrowed equipment, or how much it should cost? I get a wide variety of figures thrown at me.

I'm looking at starting to rent-to-own a singlewide and own it in 48 months and hopefully accomplish my dream of being a homeowner, but moving it off the lot seems expensive in the $8k range. Any advice for a fatherless bastard is appreciated.
>>
>>1134460
Put axles under it and drag it with a fucking honda. The ticket for doing it has gotta be less then 8k
>>
>>1134469
how far could that take me? I'm thinking of going a few states
>>
Moving mobile homes require permits so you are going to have to pay someone.
>>
>>1134460

In some states/areas the age of the trailer being moved is limited
Too old and they won't let it be moved
Will have to be moved in the daylight hours, often with a safety car ahead and behind
Not a lot of fun, but it gets done
Pay a company that does this, they know what permits to pull and will get it safely done
Have seen a do-it-yourself move, was at night (trying to sneek) with two pickups pulling in tandem, single wide was still loaded with all belongings, got stuck under a low overpass, blocked traffic, CHP brought in a dozer and destroyed it to get it out of the way, asked the cop how much as we passed he said fines, removal, cleanup, "tens of thousands"
Pay to have it moved
>>
>>1134460
You just need to worry about transport insurance, load width, possibly weight as well, and height clearance. I once drove my dad's truck with a camper on it and neglected to check my route. I drove under one of those railroad bridges and sheared off at least 2 ft of the top off the camper. Dad was pissed when he showed up on scene after the cops called him. He found his jumper cables among the wreckage and beat me senseless with them. And on top of that I got a fine. Just be aware of your height clearance.. trust me on that.
>>
>>1134692
Feel your pain anon.

I got a power line and about a dozen poles ina semi trying to go around road construction. Ripped the electric box off a dudes house. He came out to flip shit so i beat his ass and threw him on his front porch. Cops showed up and he tried to snitch. I told him he was a fucking idiot and if he didnt go back inside right the fuck now he was getting 2 more. And i know where he lives.

Fucking little man syndrome.

Why the smallest cocksuckers gotta puff up like a banty rooster
>>
>>1134890
What are you, three feet tall?
>>
>>1134890
Also, i didnt start shit. Just blanlly stared at him till he swung at me.

My best friend is a chanpion kickboxer and i wrestled for years. Knowing full well 99% sure if i just stood there and stared at him he would throw a right hook and be blatantly obvious i dicked it and popped him. Told him to quit and as suspected. Blind rage faggot who is 1/4 my size tried to takle me. Side step and stiffarm him into my fuel tank.

Dumbass ass expected descides to talk shit and i finally had enough. Flat out told him i fight a lot and will hurt him. Tries to square up, beat his ass.

And i did go easy on him. Controlling anger is why i fucking train in the first place.
>>
>>1134892
Me? Somewhere sub 6' and 240lb. There is nothing to do truck driving but eat fried shit and sweat at people or work out. I choose to workout.
>>
File: 1395417806506.png (58KB, 581x398px) Image search: [Google]
1395417806506.png
58KB, 581x398px
>>1134692
>He found his jumper cables among the wreckage and beat me senseless with them.

I get this reference
>>
>>1134677
>Have seen a do-it-yourself move, was at night (trying to sneek) with two pickups pulling in tandem, single wide was still loaded with all belongings, got stuck under a low overpass

kek

i'd slow down to take pictures of that
>>
how much should one pay to actually move a mobile home? $8k sounds like a damn dealbreaker on the whole thing, and then I hear some assholes brag that they've got theirs done for $1.5k but I imagine that's boldface lying.
>>
File: 30303318.jpg (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
30303318.jpg
96KB, 400x400px
>>1134890
KYS fucking fagot
>>
>>1135134

If you personally know the movers, and its not far of a move, and the movers have a shit blight they want off there property sometimes you can get it that low. Tearing it down and hauling it off costs more than that.
>>
>how far could that take me? I'm thinking of going a few states

Your transport cost is pure loss. Is this some wonderful special snowflake mobile home? I doubt it. Is it free? Nope, or it wouldn't be rent to own.

Review your entire plan for practicality and best financial results. A structure is an answer to a specific problem at a specific location.

No way would I buy and move an ordinary single wide long distance. I'd use the money to get another at destination. Paying to move that money is absurdly expensively wasteful.

BTW used office trailers often go cheap and are built to survive work crews. They are easy to clean up. I'd hunt one before buying an ordinary single-wide.
>>
>>1135289
It's not a bad idea but be aware that they usually have no plumbing for shit like bathrooms or kitchens.
>>
>>1135303
That's very easy to add and if you are playing at that level of /diy/ not a problem to do on the cheap.

My very rural bro placed an outhouse before building his pole building shop shell. He then ran a pipe from his indoor shitter to the outhouse. Much easier than a septic tank to hand dig and has worked nicely for many years.
>>
>>1135134
Nah. Out here in the sticks 2k is high.

Its about 1.5k but its extremely common and the road is made for shit like that. No overhead bridges for 100 miles
>>
File: 1487101320795.jpg (163KB, 625x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487101320795.jpg
163KB, 625x604px
>>1135283
>>
File: Screenshot_20170222-141036.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170222-141036.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>1134460
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.