[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Europe, and literally 99% of houses built before the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Foto_1.jpg (247KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
Foto_1.jpg
247KB, 474x474px
I live in Europe, and literally 99% of houses built before the 90s have asbestos plates underneath the roof tiles.

How worried should I be about living in a home that has these?

These plates aren't exposed to the elements, so there's that.
>>
>>1134234
as long as you dont plan to remove or work on it and just leave it as is, not at all
>>
>>1134234
in north america asbestos that has been installed generally is safe, its only a hazard if you try to move it/repair it
>>
>>1134234
Asbestos is only notably hazardous when inhaled. As long as the plates remain intact, you won't experience any adverse effects.
>>
>>1134234
Unless you plan to tear whole roof down while gently smelling and licking every tile you are going to be fine.
>>
Plates? If you mean shingles. Those are like 2-5% asbestos fibers in tar. Basically impossible to get the fibres out as dust to be inhaled.
If you re talking about those hard cement/asbestos tiles, there's a little more asbestos, maybe 20% but again if it's not being disturbed or weathered to the point of disintegrating, it's not a problem.
BTW ex asbestos worker, 18yrs.
>>
Asbestos is wonderful stuff outside the particle hazard from friable asbestos. My asbestos siding will remain as long as I own my house.
>>
>>1134234
>in Europe literally 99% of houses built before the 90s have asbestos plates underneath the roof tiles
You, Sir, are fucking deranged. Literally so. Theres a chap on here will build you an asbestos-free dome tho, y'ask nicely.
>>
>>1135259
Those brown plates you see in pic, under the wooden slats, but on top of the roof's main structural beams.
>>
>>1135295
>You, Sir, are fucking deranged. Literally so.
Why?
>>
>>1135259
>BTW ex asbestos worker, 18yrs.
Back before the effects of asbestos were known?

Were you constantly in a cloud of asbestos?
>>
>>1134318
>Unless you plan to tear whole roof down while gently smelling and licking every tile you are going to be fine.
Kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.