[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i build a dirigible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170210_030101_181.jpg (425KB, 1247x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_030101_181.jpg
425KB, 1247x807px
I have the design, but i need to make it fly, some idea?
>>
>>1132688
Fill with gas that is lighter than air. Attach a motor with a propeller to it. Record first flight and have friend post it on the internet after you die.
>>
>>1132688
>I have a design
You do? Then fucking build it.

Otherwise what you have is not a design
>>
File: I.smell.smoke.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
I.smell.smoke.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>1132757
I'm disturbed by your lack of confidence in OP. What could possibly go wrong.
>>
What % of hydrogen can you get away with before it reaches explosive levels of concentration? Could save a lot on helium.
>>
>>1132688
The problem is that helium is safe, but it's getting more and more scarce, thus more expensive. Now, thinking outside the box, balloons use heat for lift. If you run the numbers you can get a decent amount of lift this way, except balloons are way lighter than dirigibles, and since dirigibles are so fucking cool, that's what we're after! So how about this: use a combination of lift sources. Heat, and since helium is so expensive, hydrogen! But don't fuck around, you want that shit to heat up fast! So you run your hydrogen lines through burners, massive fucking burners! Damn near main line that shit! There's a thought... You could get some thrust out of that... I digress. Yeah OP, hydrogen fueled heat, with hydrogen as a backup lift source. What could go wrong?
>>
>>1132851
4% in air
>>
http://aeromodeller2.be

They made a hydrogen gas cell design that's so safe they caught it on fire to prove it burns controllably.
>>
>>1132688

Methane is lighter than air, and you probably have it on tap at your home. So use that, also heat it up to get even more buoyancy. And you should mix in some oxygen in too so encase you need to go inside or if there is a leak you wont suffocate.
>>
>>1133346
You do not need to go inside to find leaks, just check outside with a lighter/torch/candle, the leak will make the flame bend outwards.
>>
>>1132688
>Get pg training buy used stuff, practice, get ppg training, get stuff...thats about 5k$
>Hydrogen is dangerous, and Helium is rather expensive, thus its getting in slowly in strategic resourse, in our lifetime it will run out.
>>
>>1134505
The majority of helium used today is helium-4. Helium-3 is almost never used in any large quantity and is lighter per atom (giving more lift). It's therefore a much better choice for a lifting gas.
>>
>>1132854
I think Rozier beat you to it by about 200 years
>>
>>1132688
Oh great. The fucking blimp thread died. Time for another... you know there are only 13 in the world for a good fucking reason right?

At any rat be sure to fill it with safe and non flammable helium gas.
>>
>>1134561
So do I understand it right?
They reached the french coast by balloon, stripped of their clothes and no carriage?
Just three naked men hanging onto, presumably, the ropes?

Sounds like one fun adventure.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.