[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED frame for sign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 20170217_083042.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_083042.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I wonder can anyone throw me some ideas for a frame to hold a sign and strips of LED.

The image is laser cut on .8mm stainless steel.
I need an idea for a light, simply constructed frame to hold the strip if LEDS to surround the sign.

I've been thinking of 10mm thick alluminium strips but that would involve alot of drilling and tapping to construct. Not to mention weight.
I also thought of polypropylene and glue.
Or strips of wood tacked together.

I really don't know so hoping ye might have ideas.
Excuse the fast sketch.
>>
My local hardware shops have aluminium profiles that you could use. They have pieces that you can stick into the ends to make corners; they actually look okay.
You could look at frames for pictures; they aren't that expensive and save a lot of time.

I'd recommend a sheet of acrylic behind the front panel to dispense light.
>>
Thank you very much for your reply.
That's a great idea. I will look into it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487273113590.jpg (38KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487273113590.jpg
38KB, 540x960px
>>1132367
I actually made some of these. I used some trim boards from lowes that had a channel pre cut in it. Just cut and nail together.

Far as leds go. Diy yourself somehow to save cash or use smd led strip.

Have thousands in leds...

Wasted money.

ALPENA (MAX) LED STRIP IS ALWAYS THE ONLY ANSWER.

>pic very related.

>my bike.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.