[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got RC toys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Engine Lube~01.jpg (710KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Engine Lube~01.jpg
710KB, 1920x1440px
>Drone with hundreds of flights
>On the workbench lubricating motors right now
>Test and flight time immediately lowered by 1min

WTF???

I thought oiling would reduce noise and friction.

They're coreless brushed motors and I used ball bearing oil from the bike.

While the motors were dirty with dust, gravel and hairs entangled around the rotor they flew perfect... now that they're clean it's worse than before.

Don't understand... maybe I used too much oil and it's causing too much viscosity drag in the tight space between the rotor and the casing.

Anyone had something similar happening in toys with electric motors?

Should I wait? Should I use it to wear off the effect? Should I do something?
>>
Anyone know how to use a catalogue?
>>1113047
>>
>>1131436Thanks for digging that up anon, but considering that no shared experience in that entire thread borders anywhere near the required level of engine inner workings detail, it would have been much better if you had just told me to go sodomized myself rather than having sent me chasing leprechauns.Thanks for the entertaining read though... pointless, but entertaining.
>>
File: 35976.jpg (7KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
35976.jpg
7KB, 186x271px
>>1131461
> asking a thread full of people who routinely use the same hardware that you are having a problem with is an exercise in chasing leprechauns

I get the feeling no matter where you ask, you're going to be a stroppy cunt about the answers you get. Good luck with that faggot..
>>
Thread hijack!

i might possibly be persuing a diy quad

should i base it on a arduino nano or teensy?
>>
>>1131506
Literally right here you dumb cunt.
>>1131436
>>
>>1131506
Adaptability wise... Arduino (any day of the week)
>>
>>1131507
sorry

>>1131508
good point

it would allow me to add sensors or gps ect thanks!
>>
>>1131430
>brushed

You fucked up. Oil got on the commutators and brushes and is causing a restive build-up. It's also possible that if you didn't clean the motors first all the oil did was just seep your dust and hair and crap more into the motors than they already were.

Also, fwiw, most motors use sealed or shielded bearings which are hard as fuck to re-oil so slopping you bike's dinosaur squeezings on them isn't going to actually get to the relevant parts. ALSO, think about the rotational speed of your bike parts that take oil (maybe 60-200rpm, tops) compared to the rotational speed of your motors (5000-15000 RPM). You'd need some SUPER thin oil to actually do what you want, possibly even just PTFE dust.
>>
do people not know how to sage? Op got his answer: check the bleeding catalog before making a worthless thread.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.