[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a smartphone controlled helmet with led indicators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: yotutube1.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yotutube1.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lTJ5OjmJvw
>>
>>1131031
There are absolutely no redeeming features about this project.
Cyclists should use hand signals
Should be looking at the road not the phone
Lights shouldn't be so high up and on the helmet, they are relative to your head rather than the vehicle.
>>
>>1131031
>literally just a youtube link
I'll consider caring when you make a proper post.
>>
>>1131031
That doesnt even make sense.
You dont need an entire smart phone to blink some leds.
>>
>>1131031
do you wear that while your wife is fucking jamal?
>>
>>1131031
Neat project, but that video demonstration is bullshit. I had to watch it 2 times to see the LED's blink for the turn, and I was SPECIFICALLY looking for them. They just make an obvious enough change.

The hand signals, OTOH, work perfectly. You can utilize both methods, but relying on the LED's will just result in a bicyclist roadkill.
>>
File: 247Afig1[1].png (57KB, 443x385px) Image search: [Google]
247Afig1[1].png
57KB, 443x385px
>>1131252
This; plus, turn signals should really be on the vehicle, not the user. If pic related had signals on his helmet, you probably wouldn't be able to see them.
>>
>try to activate the turn signal
>accidentally pushes the cellphone too hard
>it falls on the ground and you run over it, not only smashing it, but loosing balance and crashing the bicycle
>>
File: SBS151718-2.jpg (52KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
SBS151718-2.jpg
52KB, 500x333px
>>1131210
It's just a proof of concept. He could have a control box 3D printed if he wanted.
>>
>>1131513
He could save an assload of work by mounting the signals one the bike. Then you can just forget the pointless wireless electronics and just run a wire from the handlebar to the back. Also, it'll always be visible no matter which way the cyclists head is pointing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.