[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is more than /diY/ but how bad/good are the construction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468542495673.jpg (119KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1468542495673.jpg
119KB, 500x339px
This is more than /diY/ but how bad/good are the construction regulations in you country/state/city?

>eu country
>can't even buy and build a pre fabricated house without tons of licensing and inspections

just burn this place to the ground
>>
I don't even know where to find the regulations because I imagine they very from county to county and municipality to municipality, but...they don't fucking inspect shit out here anyway unless some neighbor who fucking hates you squeals on you.
>>
New Zealand reporting in. It's fucking bullshit, your average house needs 6-8 inspections, the inspectors are almost universally cunts and they work for the council so complaints go nowhere and if one has a bone to pick with you he will fail you on shit that isn't even in your plans.

Building codes themselves aren't too bad, some retarded shit, but not too much. If you want something that is outside the norm, like prefab or anything imported, good fucking luck. You can't even make your own frames and trusses, just assemble prenails because god forbid someone undercuts these dickheads that make 15-20k for some fucking frames and trusses that a group of decent guys smash out in a day or two.

Also, good luck doing anything yourself. Legally you can do all the plumbing yourself and all the electrical work except for mains connection and switchboard fit off yourself, however the inspectors and council will cockblock you so fucking hard that you basically have to get someone in to do it all unless you have a mate who does these trades and will sign off for you. Thankfully you can still do foundations, framing, cladding and interiors yourself, but not for much longer I don't think.

Basically If you want to build your own house in this country you are fucked. I did it, but it was a mission and I caught the start of all the licencing bullshit.
>>
>>1130786
Oh and also, once you have paid your architect several thousand to draw up some spec bullshit you can find on the internet, because plans have to be done by a licensed architect, the council then need to approve it which can take anywhere from one to three months and costs between 4-8k for some cunt to stamp a few pages.
>>
define bad and good

regulations exist to keep inexperienced morons from building unsafe, unsanitary things anywhere, any way they so choose

>who doesn't want to live in a shipping container neighborhood, with leaky gas connections, faulty wiring, and you get to poo out in a hole in the front yard
>>
>>1130798
I agree with regulations in principle, but it fucks me off, when I, as the knowledgeable owner of my own home, can't even change a power socket or light switch because

>DURR YOU NEED AN ELECTRICIAN TO JOIN A FEW WIRES INTO COLOURED HOLES
>THAT WILL BE 80 DOLLAR TRAVEL FEE, 40 DOLLARS LABOUR AND 30 DOLLARS FOR A NEW SWITCH

What actually happens is that cleetus and Jamal still ghetto rig shit and burn down neighbourhoods/local forests, but sensible home owners get fucked. Fuck regulations in practice.
>>
>>1130832
I think things like that are largely to protect people from themselves

insurance companies have no way of knowing if you're an idiot or not, and if it turns out an unlicensed, untrained person did something wrong, and it caused a fire, they're not going to cover the damages

of course, the government wouldn't have any clue unless you were having it inspected or something....next best thing would be to do 95% of it yourself and then call someone qualified to confirm it was done properly
>>
>>1130570
Kek. Middle of bumb fuck kansas. Can litterally do wtf ever i want long as it isnt an eyesore or deemed unfit. But even still it if unfit its just condemed and i coukd stay there till i die. There are some shitty houses in this town.
>>
>>1130570
prefabricated houses arnt really prefabricated. and there's no reason to get one other than not wanting to talk to an architect.
>>
>>1130787
>because plans have to be done by a licensed architect

Plot twist: the plans are actually done by some poor idiot just out of school that is actually paying to do the internship.
The licensed architect just signs it.

That's what happens in my country.
>>
>>1131152
Yeah that's probably what happens here too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.