[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st time poster here. I work at a pizza shop and they told me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: 38494.jpg (508KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
38494.jpg
508KB, 1536x2048px
1st time poster here. I work at a pizza shop and they told me to fix this broken drawer slider. They have tried gluing it and duct taping it but it always breaks. Whta would be the best way to go about doing a permanent or semipermanent fix? L-brackets or something?
>>
File: 38492.jpg (471KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
38492.jpg
471KB, 1536x2048px
>>1130017
>>
>>1130017
weld metal.
except by the time you clean it all up and shit you would be better throwing it in the trash and getting a new one, it's only a bent bit of metal.
>>
>>1130017
is that plastic? replace it
L brackets if you're not going to replace it
if it's metal, just weld it
>>
>>1130021
oh sorry that material is plastic, kinda like PVC pipe type material

wouldnt weld metal just melt everything? also, i dont have tools for that
>>
>>1130022
they dont want to replace it. assuming im a retard here, can you give me a step by step as to how to use L brackets on this? if I drill into the plastic woulndt it just make it crack?
>>
>>1130017
I'd try to glue an L shaped section of plastic to the bottom where it's separated. You could try a two part epoxy, or possibly PVC cleaner and glue.
>>
light gauge angle iron and some small bolts or screws
>>
>>1130024
ok it looked like metal sorry.
you can drill it, shouldn't shatter or anything.
if you bolt brackets to it the bolts will interfere with the drawer.
if you find out exactly the type of plastic you can get some specific solvent that will weld the plastic back together. not like glue or epoxy, solvent weld cement stuff. plumbing stores have them for abs/pvc maybe pp i don't know.
>>
>OP's profession is putting pepperoni on pizza
>"just weld it back together"

/diy/ everyone
>>
>>1130019
Cut a length of 1x1 wood to the right length, prop it under the 'flap', hey presto it's fucking fixed.
>>
>>1130017
buy some cheap aluminium sheets

bend it to a c shape

hook onto the thing

put 2 or 3

done
>>
>>1130017
Hire someone to hold it in place all day
>>
>>1130017
Buy a small side table preferably with wheels, place draw on top, remove the broken plastic, gently slide table under work top, ask boss for a rise.
>>
>>1130017
Make something better. If you fix it, it will just break again. Better to make something new than to waste time and money on that thing.
>>
File: 081942112174 (1).jpg (181KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
081942112174 (1).jpg
181KB, 900x900px
>>1130017
Take the ends out of a sauce can or other large can and stomp it flat.
Carefully bend the flattened can into an L shape.
Put short side of L on top of housing make a refrence mark on the can bend it into a U. Slip newly formed U bracket over the top of broken shit.
Ask for raise.
>>
>>1130017
just make a new one out of steel. would take maybe 10 minutes
>>
>>1130066
Kek
>>
>>1130017
What do you mean they told you to fix it? It's not your place to fix it. Ask them if you are legally covered by employment laws and health and safety in the workplace and insured to do so, if you attempt to fix it and shortly after the draw somehow fatally kills someone you are the one held responsible for it. Tell them your a chef not a repair man.
>>
>>1130075
>Health inspector finds shitty fix
>Place gets written up for not using 304 stainless
>OP loses job for costing the owner money
>Never comes back to /diy/ for advice

Yeah, go ahead and do this OP.
>>
>>1130106
Nice try shill but cans are food grade.
>>
just tell your kike boss to buy a new one
>>
>>1130071
A midget would be the right choice here, sat in a midget chair with the draw resting on his head, probably work for free pizza as well.
>>
>>1130120
A midget dressed as a garden gnome, holding a small fishing rod, stoned out of his head eating free pizza.
>>
super glue an "L bracket" under it, it'll take overnight to set.

you could attach it with some bolts too, but that seems over the pay-grade :P
>>
>>1130096
you havent worked at many small businesses have you
>>
>>1130096
He never said anything about being a chef, faggot. They very clearly hired him to be a repair man.
>>
>>1130148

>pizza shop
>hiring a repair man
>>
Op here

Im actually a driver but theyre paying me 30 bucks plus cost of materials

So do i just go with L brackets and glue?
>>
>>1130191
if you want it to fall off again, sure
>>
>>1130017
If you would move the bin and clean the shit off it so we can see what's going on we might be able to help more. See if there's any kind of identifying information to see what kind of plastic it is
>>
File: images(2).jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>1130191
Metal L brackets with holes in, screw it in the plastic you spastic
>>
Op, what pizza place do you work at so i know never to go there? When was the last health inspection? How fresh is the imitation crab meat on the pizza?
>>
>>1130335
To be fair, there are very blatant health code violations there. For example, the puzza sauce is made with nasty ass tap water thats not even clear, and the dishwashers overuse the sanitizer by adding too much, which is toxic, or no sanitizer at all. Certain ingredients are left at ambient conditions and i can guarantee there is shit growing on them. I should know, I took one year of microbiology classes at my uni. Fucking franchises man

Im gonna do L brackets and screws then
>>
>>1130120
/biz/ here, would suggest leveraging said gnome's mouth as well.
>>
>>1130334

Make sure you get short screws so you don't block the drawer. File down the screwtips if you like safety, though considering this thread you probably don't
>>
Just fucking two-part epoxy it man, metal bracket will be more trouble than it is worth, trust me.
>>
>>1130592

i feel you, former papa johns delivery driver myself. They actually shut us down and we looked no where near as shitty as that station you got there.
>>
Buy two lengths of aluminium C profile, drill and screw to underside of bench.
>>
>>1130639
This
Epoxy it and clamp In place for like 2 hours and done
>>
>>1130120
>draw
How do people not know it's called a drawer?
>>
>>1130148
It's unlikely that OP even has one, but most job descriptions say something like:
Pizza Stooge:
Mop floor
Carry shit
Don't be a dick
Other duties as assigned

It's that last one that means they can tell you to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>1130096
The fuck you are. The employer would be held responsible. What third world shit hole do you live in?
>>
Put a bunch of holes in it and zipties.
>>
>driver
tell them to give you a raise if you're going to be a maintenance man as well
>>
>>1130017
This is plastic? Use a soldering iron to weld the seam back together. Reinforce the outside of the weld by melting another strip of plastic over it, maybe a zip tie.
>>
File: ofidjsaofiheosiaef.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ofidjsaofiheosiaef.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
If you want to go full ghetto, drill small holes and stitch it together with dental floss.

If you don't have a needle or are too goddamn lazy, drill some slightly larger size holes and use zip ties.
>>
>>1132199
but first clean all of that fucking filth from past efforts.
>>
Drill and tap a piece of angle iron them bolt it together. Pray it holds the added weight of the angle iron.

AND CLEAN UP THAT FUCKING SAUCE
>>
>>1131519
That's a load of bullshit. So if I put that in there I can tell you to make structural drawings for high rise buildings in between giving lap dances to pizza eating customers?
>>
>>1132187
This might work depending on your soldering iron, but the real issue is that unless you have a shield gas and you will likely oxidize the shit out of the plastic making it brittle and prone to future breakage.
>>
make the spinny sign guy weave you something out of metal with his powers
>>
"I'm sorry, I'm not qualified for this type of repair. It will distract me from my normal responsibilities. Boss, I think you should contact another manager or the facilities manager. I'm sure they have spare parts and/or a solution. "

Fixed
>>
How cuntish is your local health department? Using L brackets could be against code.
>>
>>1130017
I think this thing was installed (or designed) wrong, upside down. None of the damage in the pic would have happened if the tub sat and slid on the proper drawer bottom and the runners were secured to the underside of the metal shelf. Too late to flip it over now of course.
>>
>>1130592
>nasty ass tap water

Americunt detected
>>
>>1132199
I have done this on no less than 10 projects, and proudly continued to drive a dodge neon after a collision piecing together parts from the junkyard. This will work, this will not break. This is your cheapest solution to your problem at hand.
>>
>>1130066
Lol'd hard
>>
>>1130017
Holy shit how is this even a thread? Just epoxy it together you dumb shit.

Given this thread is ancient I can only hope you figured this out already. If not have fun working at that same disgusting looking pizza shop until you get replaced by a robot.
>>
>>1132238
>I can tell you to make structural drawings for high rise buildings

In most US states, that would require your employee to be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE). In a few states they would need to be a licensed Structural Engineer (SE).

But sure they can make the drawings, but they aren't going to be worth shit (even if they managed to get all of the engineering correct).
>>
Stack some bricks from the floor till it reaches the bent piece if it's not a snug fit add pizza boxes and pamphlets till it is

Or you know, fix it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.