[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desk covering that feels nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: in_gnu_we_trust.png (801KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
in_gnu_we_trust.png
801KB, 1920x1080px
Hi /diy/, hu/g/e nerd here. Just built myself a desk from autonomous [dot] ai with a custom tabletop, since I\m living in europe and they can't ship the whole thing here.
Wanted to ask you, - what can I cover it up with in order to have the perfect feeling for an optical mouse
and to not clean it up too often? I was thinking about some vinyl sheets, but maybe you people know better.

Currently it's just raw wood. The dude in the store I bought it in advised me to paint it, but, first - I'm afraid I could mess it up, and second - painting is not easily reversible. I mean, if I don't like the feeling, I can't easily repaint it with something, because this means I'd have to sand it, buy paint again, spend another weekend on it - which is something I'd line to avoid.

Any ideas?
>>
>>1129928
You should get a finish on the wood. What kind of wood is it?
>>
Get one of those giant desk mats made out of the same cloth material as mouse pads. I'm sure you could get a custom one to cover your entire desk if you wanted. But as the other anon said, if you're not going to paint it you really should at least put a finish on it.
>>
>>1129928
if you have the competence to paint something like that, you would be able to make a test board with test paints from the store.

large mouse pads exist for gun disassembly and are easily found.

Best solution is to finish it with stain and lacquer.
>>
>>1129973
I don't remember exactly; I believe it's beech though
>>1129991
I already looked into those, but cloth seems too much of a hassle to maintain. Eventually, what kind of finish would I want to put to have some sheet-of-ABS-plastics kind of touch feeling?
>>
French polish
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.