[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading a signal 0-1 volt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170208_081806976.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_081806976.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
Sup anons,

I have a project where I need to read a signal between 0 and 1 volts at more than 100 samples per second.

I decided to get a raspberry pi and attach a gertboard for the ADC.

The equipment giving the signal has an RCA output which ends in two spaded terminals.

What is the best way to attach these tongue terminals?

Pic related, the original cable that came with the equipment.
>>
>>1129781
These are mainly used for screw terminals where you don't want to unscrew the whole screw but just makr it loose and pull it out.
>>
File: female jumpers.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
female jumpers.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
chop off the spades and splice in some female jumper wires. you can pull these female connectors from old computers, etc, (e.g. the audio cables running from the DVD drive to the motherboard)
>>
File: terminal block.gif (45KB, 366x265px) Image search: [Google]
terminal block.gif
45KB, 366x265px
I'd do what anon suggested
>>1129787
>>
>>1129788
If I used block terminals, how are you supposed to get the terminals into the pinhole of the board? another spaded cable from the block into the board? and just screw the spades together?

>>1129787
I would rather not damage the cable unless I absolutely have to. This cable came with the equipment and shit was expensive.
>>
>>1129879

you dont need spades to connect to a terminal block, just wrap some bare wire (from the female jumper) around a screw and tighten.
>>
>>1129879
>another spaded cable from the block into the board? and just screw the spades together?
Yea. You need some crimpers too, to attach them to the wires. There's different sizes for different wire sizes.

Here's a lowes page that shows everything.
>https://www.lowes.com/pl/Terminal-wire-connectors-Cable-wire-connectors-Electrical/4294722552
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.