[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curved Roof Construction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 870ec632174c60d1b96b88c74f00eca1.jpg (820KB, 2548x1644px) Image search: [Google]
870ec632174c60d1b96b88c74f00eca1.jpg
820KB, 2548x1644px
I'm working on a design project that will involve an East Asian style curved roof. The problem is that I cannot seem to find any info on the design specifics of these roofs, such as roof pitch, curvature or anything technical like that. I know they didn't eyeball that shit and it's bullshit that no source can give me the math behind the construction. Can anybody help me with this?

If you need more specifics I'm leaning more towards Japanese styles and a relatively low roof pitch.
>>
>>1129447

Think of it as a simple radius...use a diameter of 80'...
>>
>>1129447
some information about curved roofs. Doesn't include specific technical data or measurements, but it might help anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7_n9AqSkc&feature=youtu.be&t=6m56s
>>
>>1129458
That might help. I know how to measure a basic roof pitch and maybe if I look at roofs in this style enough I can figure out the math on my own.
>>
I read "The genius of Japanese carpentry" some time ago.
They go into some technicalities of old school temples and buildings.
I don't remember much about roofs but it may be worth looking into it anyway if you're interested in that kind of architecture.
>>
>>1129447

OP, unfortunately if you can't read moon, hell, pajeet or starcraft you're pretty fucked. Most of the info is not in english and what is has major errors so you're not going to get super authentic, if that is your goal.

Here's a long discussion on some other forum, some books are mentioned and other advice offered: http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/forum/jlc-online-expert-forums/rough-framing/19887-curved-hips-and-flared-eaves/

Maybe it will be enough for you. When in doubt, DIY and make it work in your own methods.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.