[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laser Level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Dewiltgreen.jpg (51KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dewiltgreen.jpg
51KB, 600x400px
I'm in the market for a green laser level. Not red. Green. I have a few red laser levels which are all dewalt. Not a fan boy thing, I've just always trusted dewalt lasers as it was the brand I bought my first from.

I'm wondering if anyone on here uses a green beam laser and if so what brand and type? I'm interested in pic related the DeWalt DCE089D1G but it's £450ish and for about £200 less I could get the DCE088D1G.

Difference is the 89 has 3 axis beams and the 88 has only 2 and the 89 casts a 360 degree beam where as the 88 only casts in the region of 135 degrees.

Some people have complained about the 360 type lasers saying that part of the beam fades out. I'm not sure if this would be as much of an issue as it sounds and from what I've read most manufacturers of 360 beams suggest this should be expected and is within some sort of tolerance.

Does anyone else use green lasers? What would you recommend?
>>
>>1128529
Use a red laser
>>
File: 1486569543600.jpg (40KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
1486569543600.jpg
40KB, 570x574px
>>1128529
Bump.

Got lazer guided skill saw.

Why am i always 20 years behind good tech.

Mfw auto darken helmat...
>>
>>1128541
I have three red levels and there's a reason I asked for advice regarding green. Thanks for nothing.
>>
>>1128553
well anon, the solution is to get another red one
>>
>>1128529
Go Hilti

As for green, you are probably better off buying a class 2 laser diode from fungshuei, china, a prism and niggerrigging it to a 18V battery.
>>
>>1128570
Just stop replying.

>>1128578
I've got a hilti laser distance measure and it's been returned 5 times and replaced 3 times. I've gone completely off hilti laser products. I saw a guy at work using a green hilti laser and it Just wasn't as bright as the dewalt green lasers I've seen.

As for rigging it the internals of the DeWalt lasers I have are far too intricate for my sausage fingers and the likelihood of me knocking it out of calibration dicking around is too high.
>>
>>1128598
Well op, you see, if you really need a something with a green diode for all the reasons to even spend the extra money on a green laser your probably going to end up paying out the nose for it in the first place. So get a red one unless youre centain you really need it.
>>
>>1128601
Are you thick or just being awkward?

>>1128529
>I'm in the market for a green laser level. Not red. Green. I have a few red laser levels
>>
>>1128529
>I have a few red laser levels which are all dewalt.

Get another red one from a different manufacturer.
Maybe it'll be better and make you happy.
>>
>>1128529
Why do you want green laser ?
I'm not an expert, but I guess it's because it's visible further than red one ?
>>
>>1128529
this is literally the worst "I CAN AFFORD TO SPEND 450£ ON A LASER" thread i have ever seen.
just buy it op you rich jerk
yes 360 degree laser will fade at the rear thats just physics, even the 135 will be dimmer at the ends.
3 axis where you can just throw up a beam onto the ceiling are fucking sleek
>>
>>1128621
Yeah, while I've got a detector to use the red level over greater distances I don't feel it's as accurate past around 20 Meters and in bright daylight it's impossible to see. I know green are much better over distance in daylight.

>>1128626
I wish I was rich, I'd buy two to help eliminate some of the fade but unfortunately no. I'm trying to find out of its as good as the dewalt advertising people say it is. I've seen similar things from hung-lo Charlie but I'm not sure I want to risk the money on something like that.
>>
>>1128626
Went with the DCE089D1G should you wonder.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.