[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mouse holocaust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Suggestions for bait for use in snap traps as to aid in sending these bastards back to hell?
>>
Peanut butter.
Wrap a rubber band or something around it to make 'em work at it a bit or they'll just lick it off without triggering the trap.
>>
The only thing that's ever worked reliably for me is to glue a Cheerio or something like that to the trigger. That way they have to tug at it. Then no more mouse.
>>
>>1128427
>>1128433
Use a piece of cotton string tied through and around the hole on the trap's lever. That will work a lot better.

>>1128427
1: Set traps everywhere as already described (sticky traps too).
2: After 2 weeks of catching mice and 1 week of not catching mice, set out lots of rat poison.
3: Buy lots of Great Stuff expanding foam insulation & stainless steel pot scrubbers and go around to all pipe/electrical entrances and seal them off. Stuff the pot scrubbers into the holes so they are wedged then foam over it.
4: Inspect all the window screens and door threshold's sill and sweep to ensure proper sealing.

You can also use bucket mouse traps. Remember there must be water in the bottom or the mouse can get out. The soda can style that rotates, like in this image are the best to use because they do not need resetting or special mechanical knowledge.
>>
>>1128458
battery acid in the bottom works better...they suffer more that way
>>
>>1128460
>>
>>1128460
Any videos of that? I've seen bleach poured on them and even one that fell into muriatic acid. The rat in the first and the mouse in the latter seemed pretty unfazed about it.
>>
File: wasp_genocide.png (166KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wasp_genocide.png
166KB, 1366x768px
>>1128427
>snap traps
They deserve the mower, like all pests.
>>
>>1128427
They can't resist peanut butter. However those little buggers would lick it off without setting the trap sometimes. Had a buddy who lived in a loft in a converted old barn with a mouse problem. He glued an M&M or Reese's Pieces to the trigger tab to increase the chances the trap would go off. Surprisingly, he did find that smearing a dab of PB under the trigger tab also worked well.
>>
>>1128458
seen an old man neighbor use the bucket method with great success. he had a cruel streak though, he'd put just enough water in it so that when the mouse (not rat) stood on it's hind legs its nose would just break the surface and reach the air.

the sight of a dozen black field mice standing motionless alive on their hind legs looking up at you from underwater with their noses poking out the surface... whew!
>>
File: 1469221579736.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1469221579736.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>1128476
>>
>>1128433
got raisins with a little pb on there currently, so hopefully they try and tug on it

>>1128454
not a bad idea, I'm sure there's stale cereal around

>>1128458
>Use a piece of cotton string tied through and around the hole on the trap's lever. That will work a lot better.
?

used glue traps, they're a pain....I don't really want them to suffer (ie. suffocation or chewing their limbs off to escape), a quick death will suffice

it's an older house, trying to find fill every possible space they can squeeze through is next to impossible

>great stuff
>>1128320 that's what I was doing

>>1128468
for the record, mower and stinging things don't mix
been there

>>1128472
I did put a little on the underside...
>>
>>1128494
>?

You know the section of the mouse trap you put the bait on? Wrap a peanut butter infused cotton string around it. The mouse will need to chew on it to get the peanut butter.
>>
>>1128427
Peanut butter os master race.

Also found plastic traps with teeth just click open. Dont buy sticky oaoer or
>>
>>1128501
okay, I got ya now
>>
death count is up to one

they were cleaned so I'm guessing there is at least another one in waiting
>>
>>1128433

this. Peanut butter is the goat mouse bait.

A bunch of traps and peanut butter and you will be killing rats in no time.

Whats funny is rats have no reverence for the dead. So they can see another dead mouse and will walk right past him to a waiting trap and try to get the peanutbutter.
>>
>>1130232
Fair warning though: Peanut butter will bait absolutely everything.
>>
>>1130042
and death count rises to two
>>
>>1128458
Have done the bucket trap before, absurdly OP, needs nerf.
>>
slim jim
>>
>>1130320
death count to four

>>1130680
I'd hate to waste perfectly good meat stick
>>
I use a victor brand electronic mouse trap and the thing never fails. Easy to open and dispose of the pest without even having to look at it. Bait with PB
>>
any ideas for how to rig something like this to have some of alert for when it goes off?

https://www.amazon.com/Audible-Connects-reusable-stocking-stuffer/dp/B013M1UPTE
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.