[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a genius or about to set my house/laptop on fire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: WIN_20170209_18_27_14_Pro.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170209_18_27_14_Pro.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
Am I a genius or about to set my house/laptop on fire?
>>
you're good man
>>
>>1128353
Encase with hot glue?
>>
>>1128353
What is on the other end of it product wise?
>>
Abort mission.....I said Abort mission!
>>
>>1128353
House fire inbound, does the nail get hot when the laptop is charging or under load?
>>
>>1128353
I've done similar, just be very careful.
>>
File: extension outlet.jpg (68KB, 460x959px) Image search: [Google]
extension outlet.jpg
68KB, 460x959px
>>1128353
So (you) did this, eh.
>>
>>1128631
Honestly fucking why. It looks harder to do than just wiring a new outlet.
>>
>>1128353

What are you going to do to insulate the exposed circuit?
>>
File: 1415522452706.jpg (25KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1415522452706.jpg
25KB, 500x667px
>>1128353
If its on the DC side you will be fine. Laptop PSUs have overload and short circuit protection.

If its on the AC side you are literally retarded and destined for much electro tickles and a large house fire.
>>
File: WaitWhat.jpg (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WaitWhat.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
housefire, but at least insulate the damn thing
>>
File: perfectly safe.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
perfectly safe.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1129357
>>
>>1128631
Can someone tell me why this is dangerous?
I understand that having live power is bad, but it was covered. The nails are stiff and arent going to move

I dont see how something could actually short and start a fire
>>
>>1129456
>idiots pull on cord in all directions
>if it comes loose ever, it will start sparking
>nails are made of foreign material than the plugs, will electrolyze
>nails aren't fucking electrically rated
>they obviously had to grind the heads off the nails and fit them into the holes on the back of the socket, leaving a shitty connection anyway
>had to grind the nails to fit into the socket
or
>put in madison clip or straps
>put in a box
>wire it properly
Wow so hard

Even more, WHY WOULD THEY EVEN ADD A NEW OUTLET INSTEAD OF JUST USING THE OLD FUCKING ONE

They go through all the trouble to cut the hole in the styrofoam and put in a new outlet, why not just use the fucking outlet that's there.
>>
is that a nail on the ground?

i suppose it would be alright

if its not isolated from the inner wires youre fucked op
>>
>>1129464
Not that it's better, but I think they used straight pieces of black 12g wire. The one on the bottom left of the wall socket seems to have insulation stripped.
>>
>>1128631
that doesn't even make sense. why not use the fucking outlet that's already right there? how fucking stupid does someone have to be to think that is a good idea?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.