[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you can do with a tablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 5xd4vcz2dt6vz9zxzldx8co77.jpg (24KB, 652x408px) Image search: [Google]
5xd4vcz2dt6vz9zxzldx8co77.jpg
24KB, 652x408px
So, yesterday i found my old tablet, still working but too shitty to use, i want to open it and use the board for something, no idea for what, help me folks
>>
>>1128106

Make a tablet with it.

Otherwise throw it in the trash.
>>
You can buy a matching display, 3d print a shitty case, and make a shittier tablet.
>>
>shitpost on the toilet
>wank to hentai anywhere you want
>???
>>
>>1128106
The internals aren't good for anything other than being a tablet. All the components are surface mounted and generally can't be removed without destroying them. the SoC that runs it requires a PCB anyway, you can't just harwire the thing, and the board is multi-layer and can't be rewired either.

The whole point of a computing device is that it's programmable. If you want to 'repurpose' it then I suggest you learn to write software. Otherwise if it's working and of no use to you then give it to someone who can use it or sell it.
>>
>>1128162
Fuck
Thanks man, gonna sell this shit then
>>
>>1128106
you can turn it in to an emulation machine, or a solar powered home server
>>
>>1128176
Thats interesting...
Any clue on how to turn it into that emulation machine?
>>
>>1128106
I have an old Sony that now operates as part of my home control system. All it needs is a browser and an app or two. Another sits by the TV since it also doubles as a remote and more home control. Plus I can still stream some shows on it. When the battery dies it's going to get torn apart just for shits and giggles.
One guy at $dayjob has an old tablet set up as a minecraft server.
>>
>>1128178
What are you thinking of emulating?

Actually, what make and model is it? What OS running on it?
>>
>>1128210
something like that screen in these smart fridges, shows de time, weather, some news maybe.

This is a Positivo Ypy, the brazililian company positivo made this, runs an old version of android.
>>
>>1128209
good idea
i'm gonna try this later, maybe
>>
>>1128210
There is a version of RetroArch for android, you could try that or "install Linux":
Since Android and Linux are using the same Kernel, it is possible to install a Linux with all the nice GNU command line tools. I don't have much experience with this, but it's probably the way you want to do it, also it's probalby how you start with the other things mentioned here >>1128216 >>1128176
I think there is an app called "Linux Installer", that installs Linux in an easy way.
After that you can access your Linux tablet with ssh
>>
I've got a dell venue 8 pro
Its a half way decent x86 Windows 8.1/10 tablet, but after I came to realize that Windows tablets will never have any fucking useful software I'm not sure what to do with the thing. Even with Windows 10 the touch interface is agonizing.
I've thought about making it in to a head unit to a RTL-SDR, but the only worth while touch based SDR application is on Android. So I could install Android x86, but application support for x86 is not so hot since Intel killed the mobile low-low-power Atom line.
I really fucked up buying this thing.
>>
I have a tablet that looks just like it, bit out had a MIPS processor meaning there's literally no Android software written for it. All the apps that came on it are just web links. The web browser barely works. Completely useless.
>>
>>1128209
I plugged one old table I bought for 10e to my amplifier. Now I use it to steam some good vibes trough spotyfive, like my kid calls it.
I took out the battery and soldered 5v straight to the old battery leads. It can't accept that the battery is gone. I need to replug it (very rarely) as the battery meter slowly goes down. Really slowly.
>>
>play online radio
>play stuff on your DLNA server
>torrent box
>http/ftp server
>remote cam
>>
>>1128518
you probably need some resistance between the 3rd and the one of the other
>>
File: sdrportable.jpg (43KB, 550x331px) Image search: [Google]
sdrportable.jpg
43KB, 550x331px
Portable SDR.
>>
>>1128540
wow
amazing but maybe my tablet isnt good enough to do somethin like this
>>
>>1128518
the battery is not 5v, but more like 3.7
More often than not (depending on what you are running), the battery will discharge faster than it will charge.
put the battery back in and buy a higher current power supply
>>
>>1128178
First you need to find out if the device has bluetooth or support USB Host (USB OTG).

Also, does it have HDMI?

As for emulators, google will help you there. i recommend any by Robert Broglia - they are all amazing,

as for controllers - if you have bluetooth i would recomend getting a PS3 controller and use Sixaxis Controller to pair it to your device. If you have USB Host, then you can get whatever controller you want via USB.

NES, SNES, GEN, PS1, GBA, N64 all work mostly well (even on older devices).
DosBox turbo is great for old dos games.
LinuxDeploy will allow you to run a full linux distro on the device as well.
>>
>>1128540
I have a vivo tab note 8 I don't use, any guide on this?
>>
>>1130938
if it supports usb host then just look up 'sdrtouch'
>>
>>1128540
What is this tablet running? SDR touch seems to be an android application but the tablet appears to be running windows
>>
>>1129943
Can said tablet play youtube videos?
>>
A lower key use would be a decent picture frame. I have a few fireside web's tablets. All you need to do is upload family pics or waifu pics to its memory. No idea how well they connect to social media these days but an android could connect pretty easily so your Dick pics will show up automatically on all the connected devices.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.