[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Just moved to a pretty dangerous part of the city and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1680x1050px
Hi,

Just moved to a pretty dangerous part of the city and was thinking of making one or these but I need some help. What kind of brackets are these? What type of wood and thickness would be best?
>>
File: 1459027980263.jpg (65KB, 420x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459027980263.jpg
65KB, 420x360px
They look like metal brackets.
Thick wood is probably best.
>>
That style is an open security bar holder with what looks like a 2x4. I'd recommend a closed security bar holder made of steel if you have enough space.
>>
If you want security look into a police lock. It's basically a steel bar you secure to the door and the floor. To get past them, you have to destroy the door.
>>
>>1127682
I did look into those but I'm on a budget and police locks are too high compared to brackets and wood

>>1127679
I only have enough space for open

In your guys opinion what kind of wood would be best suited/is strongest for this type of thing? Are there any other ways I could secure a door?
>>
>>1127686
You could try 4 steel latches at all 4 corners. Honestly, a regular 2x4 will stop the average team of thugs from coming through your door, so make sure your windows are good as well. Take a trip to home depot, op.
>>
>>1127686
>In your guys opinion what kind of wood would be best suited/is strongest for this type of thing?

Well, since you are poor as fuck, a 2x4.
>>
Since we're on the subject what is the best way to secure a door for when you aren't home? I live a couple of floors up so windows aren't an issue but I can't put the 2x4 in place when I'm out
>>
>>1127700
Get a good Grade 1 deadbolt. Get a reinforced strike plate.

Since this is clearly an apartment, don't do any of this because it's not your fucking apartment.
>>
>door made of cardboard
>I will use this strip of hard stuff to pruteckt me
>>
>>1127670
2X4 bar holder
>>
>>1127670
Personally i would use iron

A 2x4" box section.

If wood....

Buloke
>>
>>1127679
2x6*
>>
>>1127670
Don't those LED pucks have mounting holes in the back? They're designed for wall and sometimes ceiling mount.
>>
>>1129702
yeah, and the door has a couple locks built into it, what's your point.
>>
>>1127744
>amerifats have cardboard doors and walls
>not having masterrace wooden door + brick wall
>>
File: lefrogie.jpg (10KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
lefrogie.jpg
10KB, 300x267px
>>1127670
where the fuck do you live op? (city)

also if your doors open outward that doesn't really help much
>>
As a general rule, people do not kick in your door while you are home.

Unless you are a drug dealer.
>>
>>1127688

A regular treated 2x4 is enough

This isn't exactly high end security. The only thing this stops is the laxiest form of niggering.

No one is going to force open a door at night. The goal of thieves is to not draw attention

This is honestly a stupid idea. Getting a dog would be 100x better at deterring burglary.

Also, get your carry permit. The chances of you getting robbed in your driveway are infinitely higher than someone breaking in.
>>
>>1129739
>I want to build a door latch that will cost next to nothing.
>you should get a 15 year living commitment that will cost thousands of dollars
>>
>>1129720
look at his hinges, those doors open inwards
>>
>>1129751
why thousands of dollars? just steal a dog and throw him some bread every now and then
>>
>>1129720
>also if your doors open outward that doesn't really help much
You have to put it on the outside, duh

[spoiler]Just put the brackets on the door instead[/spoiler]
>>
>>1129751
>you should get a 15 year living commitment that will cost thousands of dollars

Which will be 100% loyal to you

I bet you've spent more than that just paying for dinners for your wife's son and her bull
>>
>>1127670

Better than this would probably be a siren for the front door. You can get them for cheap now, like $50.
>>
get one of those fake dog speaker things
>>
>>1129966
>implying women talk to me
>>
>>1130224
Or for $1 at the dollar tree
>>
>>1129760
>those doors open inwards
>>1129720
>if your doors open outward

In this part of the world doors need to open outward because of fire reasons.
>>
>>1127700
good renters insurance and pictures with serial numbers and copies of receipts
>>
>>1129739
get a dog they say.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/crime/clear-security-footage-shows-break-in-suspects/387190300
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.