[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bandsaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_cd0tIobm.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cd0tIobm.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
I need help making a cheap portable bandsaw. I have lots of wood and electronics so I think I just need help making it. If you have an idea for better electronics I'm all ears.
>>
>>1127453
>wood and electronics
Yes, this exactly what bandsaws are made of. Wood, and fucking electronics.

Sometimes I wish we could transplant /diy/ off of 4chan so we could avoid this kind of dumb shit.
>>
>>1127453
what do you mean 'help'

do you have a design?
do you have a sketch?

'electronics' in a bandsaw should be a switch
>>
>>1127459
fucking this

>>1127460
do you really think someone who thinks a bandsaw can be made from timber will have any of this? why waste your time? and why encourage dumbasses to come here asking dumbass shit?

sage, hide etc.
>>
>>1127460
By electronics I mean the motors that drive the saw and yeah well the switch too but also power cables.
>>
File: bandsaw_done.jpg (19KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
bandsaw_done.jpg
19KB, 500x574px
https://woodgears.ca/bandsaw/homemade.html
>>
>>1127465
Whelp, that's me >>1127459 BTFO. Standing down.
>>
>>1127461
Here you go you snotty cunt.

https://youtu.be/yei9NHvszfk
>>
>>1127468
yeah that's a pretty good bandsaw, made with hundreds of hours of work and previous experience, at least a couple hundred dollars of tools, and a lot of lucky dumpster wood finds
>>
>>1127472
And your point is what?

It's a cheap bandsaw made from timber. That's what OP asked for.

Not sure if you've ever bought a band saw but they're generally not cheap and when they are, they're shit.
>>
>>1127453
buy a portaband and stick it in a frame
>>
>>1127475
i don't think i'd call wandel's bandsaw cheap

it's probably better for OP to buy a cheap bandsaw and do some replacement/repair to make it work as best as it can

>>1127476
auctions are the best place for tools - was just at one, a working milwaukee portaband with box went for $60. some lucky fucker got a makita die grinder new in box for $20
>>
>>1127483
>i don't think i'd call wandel's bandsaw cheap

I really don't think you have any credibility if that's what you think.
>>
>>1127483
>i don't think i'd call wandel's bandsaw cheap

Wut? He made most of it out of wood he found in the trash. It is primarily plywood, pine and a couple hardwood parts. Plus two bicycle tires and a motor he most likely also dumpster dived for.
>>
>>1127453
>I need help making a cheap portable bandsaw

Work to make $10 and buy a cheap portable band saw.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.