[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toilet Seat Replacement Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Hello /diy/, today I will be detailing my adventure in replacing my toilet seat.

Here, in my first image, you can see the old toilet seat. The old seat wiggled a LOT. One of the hinges was broken. It was just annoying to use in general.
>>
File: 2.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
This picture is from during the replacement, The old seat has been removed and you can see the insides of the toilet.
>>
File: 3.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
This picture is from after the replacement. You can clearly see the new, working seat has been put in place of the old, broken one. It works wonderfully. Thank you for reading about my struggles and adventures in replacing my toilet seat.

If you need any help regarding toilet seats, feel free to ask. I'll be sticking around for a few hours helping anyone out with Toilet Seat related problems.
>>
>>1126618
What's the brand of the seat? How long will it take to break in?
>>
fake as fuck, i hope you get banned
>>
File: Q5M0fFq.png (926KB, 562x750px) Image search: [Google]
Q5M0fFq.png
926KB, 562x750px
>>1126620
Hi, I don't remember what brand, but I took a picture of the packaging. I'd reckon it'll take 2-3 weeks to break it.

>>1126621
How is it be fake? Why do you want to ban me? I have done nothing wrong
>>
File: PGNVV.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
PGNVV.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
good effort, did you wipe up the poop residue though?
>>
Op, if the two plastic bolts are too much for you to handle, then call a professional
>>
>>1126637
I tried, I think I got all of it, there's a chance there's extremely small amounts left.

>>1126639
Two plastic bolts that I had to screw in. Please don't simplify complicated tasks like that. It took me nearly a hour, but I got it done and I'm proud of myself.
>>
>>1126618
>>1126616
>>1126607

What's going on with the flush actuation; is that a dual flush system? Is that aftermarket?

>>1126620
It looks like it's a Bemis seat, maybe. OP can you take the seat off easily for cleaning?
>>
>>1126649
>What's going on with the flush actuation; is that a dual flush system? Is that aftermarket?

Yup, You're right. It's an after market dual flush actuation.

I don't live in an area with sewers or anything, so I've got a water tank that gets emptied monthly (which costs $) so I gotta save water.

>OP can you take the seat off easily for cleaning?

As long as I've got a 13mm wrench, I can take off the bolts holding it on. So not extremely easily, but not difficult by any means.
>>
>>1126643
Did you make sure to use lots of hot glue? And what are your thoughts on cardboard? Thinking of putting one of these in my underground shipping container bunker after I rebuild all my awesome domes that somehow collapsed even though they're so fucking great and I'm the fucking Jesus of diy. My current toilet has a seat I made from pallet wood, which is absolutely excellent in every way, but all the nails and splinters sticking out keep stabbing me in the ass, which I actually kind of like. Also, I have 9001 used tampons, what should I make from them? Oh and I have no tools and no budget. Thanks!
>>
>>1126659
Hi, I'm not really sure if you're joking, so please stop??!
>>
Ok guys, OP here. I'm done with Q&A. Thanks!
>>
>>1126661
You're telling me to stop? All I want to do is build a functioning computer from two switches and a broken calculator I found, its called /diy/ not /biy/ faggot I hate you kys.
>>
>>1126639
just remember that in the US of A, there exists TWO, I repeat 2 different types of toilet seat commonly used. A round type and an almond type of seat. The almond type of seat is for those toilets designed for a mans junk not to get stuck in the toilet and for urination. A round type of toilet is more for women and small children.
>>
File: 1482704601502.jpg (22KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1482704601502.jpg
22KB, 431x415px
10/10 thread. Would read again.
>>
>>1126679
I hate the round seats. I wonder if women hate the oval ones.
>>
>>1126665
Ther are plenty of boards to shitpost on, this is not one of them. Fuck off you basic faggot.
>>
>>1126773
wth is with this hostility, i dont get it

not this guy btw >>1126665
>>
>>1126607
You bastards think you're funny
Just wait til you have to change the seat on one of the old 1 piece kohlers, where the bolts are held in by expanded rubber like an expanding spud gasket on a urinal.

The old nuts never hold enough to let you unscrew, even if they weren't corroded to the bolts. There's not enough room to easily saw the bolt heads off.
And if you do saw the bolts off, the remaining piece falls with the nut and spud into the tiny hollow in the bowl, that makes sure you don't have room to just put in another without removing the parts left behind.

And why the hell are seats for old Case one piece toilets like 100 dollars when everything else is ten?
Gotta love explaining to a customer that a toilet seat really does cost ten times as much as usual and i'm not ripping them off.
>>
>>1126607
>be me
>be maintenance guy in a retirement home
>cushy gig
>fix stupid shit
>spray wash the windows once a month in the warmer months
>fatasfatass hamplanet resident keeps breaking toilet seats
>once every 3-4 weeks I get a work order to replace the toilet seat in her room

>had to get a special approval from regional to increase my budget just pay for the seats.

The best part is they're not your average home center toilets. They're the commercial toilets you see in places like grand central station designed for abuse. I have no idea how she managed before moving into a home. We guess that she just didnt have a seat and sat on the rim.
>>
Honestly, your toilet looked happier without a seat.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.