[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>European and American made hand tools (Aussieland and Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

>European and American made hand tools (Aussieland and Japan can also apply)
Tell me some quality and fairly priced screwdrivers and pliers, thanks.
>>
File: 8603180-00-1[1].jpg (58KB, 800x204px) Image search: [Google]
8603180-00-1[1].jpg
58KB, 800x204px
>>1126369
inb4 this
>>
>>1126369
>European and American made hand tools
>fairly priced screwdrivers and pliers
Pick 1
>>
>>1126373
Apparently you're supposed to pronounce those "ka-nipex", the k isn't silent
>>
>>1126369
the only reason to buy japanese screwdrivers is for the JIS. ive never seen dollar bin discount JIS drivers so pick whatever. recently spent 40$ on JIS crosspoint #0, #00, #000
>>
Wiha Screwdrivers, and Knipex Pliers.
>>
>>1126369
whatever a garage sale has for cheap

hand tools are hand tools it's all metal but yes knipex are a must have
>>
>>1126422
>whatever a garage sale has for cheap

buy them by the box full, sort them out, abuse as needed
>>
>>1126380
Knip is ugrish for pinch/clamp/hold. Ex for exclusive/extreme/expert.
>>
>>1126369
Old Sidchrome & Kinchrome tools if you can find them are Aussie made. Then the company got sold to the yanks, who then transferred all the production to China
Sort of just leaves places like Suttons and GearWrench are still around for quality, non-chinesium shit
>>
>>1126442
GearWrench moved their production from Taiwan to China like 6 years ago, and the new stuff is way shittier
>>
Wiha are got tier for working on notebooks and phones where a shitty tip can ruin your day.

00 and 0 sizes to start with cover most bases.

JIS are great for motorcycles and small Jap car fasteners.
>>
>>1126445
Well damn, we ain't got shit left really
>>
>>1126460
Wtf I thought Australia had a decent industry.
>>
Pliers: Knipex
Screwdrivers:
Walter Schröder
PB Swisstools
Wera
Wiha
>>
File: INOX family.jpg (160KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
INOX family.jpg
160KB, 1200x777px
How does /diy/ rate Beta from Italy?
>>
>>1126492
got a three-set of pliers cheap from some clearance sale, never really heard of them, thought it was some budget brand. Things are legit, solid, pleasantly surprised - had no idea how much they retail for either, just checked. Seem to be around the same price as Knipex, which I doubt is a winning strategy - everyone just go for the brand they know, I would as well.

tldr - you see Beta tools reasonably priced, recommend, def. aint shit. If you payin premium, may as well find a try before buy dealer, still worth an audition.
>>
Bahco stuff is very nice too. Also Proxxon I have a few of their hand tools and machines
>>
Superior American Brands:
>screwdrivers: Klein
>cutting pliers: Klein
>gripping pliers: Channelock
>>
>>1126524
Also Milwaukee drills
>>
>>1126369
; - ; mnfg look up local brand "Tona" since 2010 they only reband chink shit as B and D sub company, fuck this shit, grow up with this tools with excelent quality have them in almost perfect condition
>>
>>1126570
its cheaper to buy used tools from a flea market. if they lasted 30 years, they're not going to break in 5 minutes like a drop forged piece of shit socket from harbour freight. I got a 1" ratchet and set of tractor sockets for doing axle nuts and other fun stuff for 50$. i got a full spanner set from 6mm through to 1-1/2" for 60$. I got 5 10mm sockets from aliexpress for 2$ each. brand doesnt matter. just look at the tool to tell its quality.
>>
>>1126535
>Milwaukee
>American
Try again.
>>
File: NEO-LOGO-NOWE.jpg (68KB, 400x233px) Image search: [Google]
NEO-LOGO-NOWE.jpg
68KB, 400x233px
>>1126369
Here you go…
But I don't think they sell lots outside Poland.
>>
>>1126373
Holy crap those are expensive.
>>
I have Wilde Tool punches, Armstrong ratchets, SK wrenches, Channellock pliers, Estwing hammers, Norseman drill indexes, Irwin/Hansen taps, all made in America and priced fairly.

No need to give your money to germs or nips to get the best quality tools tbqh.
>>
>>1126524
mah nigga

>>1126535
owned by TTI - some asian company that produce Ryobi too
>>
File: Williams.jpg (3MB, 3264x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Williams.jpg
3MB, 3264x2000px
>>1126369
Williams (with black hard handles) is a good option for USA made screwdrivers. Basically Snap-on for far less money.
>>
>>1126614
>SK
>priced fairly
Modern SK, certainly not. More expensive than fucking snap on. And that was their catalog prices, let alone the jew tool guy who would double that price and let me pay 20 a week.
>>
>>1126723
SK is way cheaper than Snap-on, especially their larger socket sets and such. Not sure what "catalog" you were looking at (SK's own catalog doesn't even have prices) but SK stuff is usually cheapest or close to it on Amazon.

Snap-on stuff is insanely expensive if you order from their website at full price. If you have access to a truck you can get slightly better prices, and occasionally BOGO deals, but the stuff would still be far more expensive than SK even at half price, so I just don't understand where you're coming from at all.
>>
Is it worth buying Knipex plier wrenches?

It's hard to justify ~$50 for a single pair
>>
>>1126492
I know the logo so I've used something made by them before. I can't remember what though.
>>
File: 1451238103676.gif (8KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
1451238103676.gif
8KB, 500x180px
hello friends , i'm looking for a simple drill bit set.
i sometimes need to drill through steel metal that is maybe a couple millimeters thick, and i need a cheap drill bit set. thanks.

the holes i drill are normally no more than 1/2 of a centimeter in diameter
>>
>>1126728
Yes
buy them at somewhere like ChadsToolbox to get em cheap. Its cheaper than amazon

They sell all sorts of german made tools but dont mark them up as high like everywhere else. Check the reviews on GarageJournal, because it looks like a pretty crappy site. Its great though
>>
>>1126728
>>1126373
They're really nice for industrial use. I carry them as a Automation Tech for adjusting and installing proxes, sure beats an 8in adjustable wrench.
I wouldn't buy a pair for home though, real wrenches aren't far away compared to 100s of yards away at a factory combined with them losing several thousand dollars every minute the problem isn't fixed.
>>
>>1126783
>ChadsToolbox
That place is shady as fuck with tons of complaints of people getting ripped off by them.
>>
>>1126369

I rate wera screwdrivers highly. Not the cheapest but they are really well made.
>>
>>1126950
Did you actually read the complaints
Have you actually looked at the site?

When people are cheaping out on shipping and use the 2 week+ free shipping option, of course its going to take a long time to get your shit.

Ive ordered from them a few times, spent the 8 bucks to ship it and it showed up fast.
>>
>>1126956
Well I've seen quite a few horror stories on Garage Journal. Claiming they have items in stock when they don't, then trying to charge people restocking fees when canceling orders because they lied about the stock, having to do chargebacks via PayPal or credit card just to get refunded, etc.
>>
>>1126722
>WARNING NOT A PRYBAR CHISEL OR PUNCH
who actually uses a slot screwdriver for driving screws?
>>
>>1126492
We have some of their t handles at work. They're nice.

I wish the satin hard chrome finish like betas have was more popular in the US
>>
>>1126524
I check pawn shops for Klein Tool screwdrivers and name brand Vice Grips. If you go in the same shops week after week they'll set them aside for you... and raise the prices too. ;)
>>
>>1126373
The best meme you'll ever fall for. I have 10" and 6", I fucking love them.

>>1126377
Wera (Czech) and Felo (German) are both priced very well and have good quality.

>>1126396
>>1126458
JIS is a meme. I fell for it and own a set of Hozan screwdrivers that are "JIS" and they look identical to Phillips.

>>1126524
>Channelock
Fuck off with that garbage. Buy Knipex or NWS.

>>1126950
>>1126956
I've ordered from Chad's twice. The first time the snail shipping got my my stuff in less than 2 weeks. The second time, they had to order shit from Germany and kept telling me the "container" would arrive "next week". This went on for 3 months. Paypal gave me my money back.

If you INSIST on ordering from Chad's, make sure you email them and confirm stock on each item you want.

>>1127003
Depends on what you're working on. I restore a a lot of old tools and maintain my guns, so I use my slotted drivers a fair amount.
>>
Facom.

It's a french brand, it's maybe not really fairly priced (i don't really know), but it's lifetime warranti.

you had broken your screwdriver ? Go to shop and exchange it for free. The rubber handle is begin to be dislocated ? Go to shop and exchange it for free.
>>
File: JIS.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JIS.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>1127307
>JIS is a meme
fite me IRL
>>
>>1127676
Fuck, those screws on carbs are always soft as FUCK. Stripped damn near instantly.
>>
File: Gunsmith_Screwdriver_tips.jpg (54KB, 580x122px) Image search: [Google]
Gunsmith_Screwdriver_tips.jpg
54KB, 580x122px
>>1127687
screw heads marked with a dot (+.) don't strip if you use a JIS screwdriver.

it's also worth getting/making gunsmith's flatheads for carb jets.
>>
>>1127676
>>1127687

Looks more like you guys use PH1 where PH2 is required and the same for PH2 where PH3 is required
>>
>>1127676
Then find me actual JIS screwdrivers somewhere. I fucking can't. I bought "JIS" screwdrivers and they are IDENTICAL to my phillips.
>>
>>1127768
http://www.vesseltools.com/hand-tools/screwdrivers/screwdriver-sets/900/kit-p123/flypage.tpl.html

shit ain't even an optical comparator job, you should be able to see the geometry difference with your naked eye once you know what you're looking for.
>>
>>1127777
I also have a Vessel Megadora 980 Impacta and it's a Phillips. The link you posted also says "P" for Phillips and the picture of the tip is a fucking Phillips.

This is what I have, and I promise you, it's just a fancy Phillips screwdriver: http://www.vesseltools.com/hand-tools/screwdrivers/impact/980-series/flypage.tpl.html

As mentioned earlier, I also have Horzans and they are just shitty phillips drivers.
>>
>>1127780
They're supposed to be Phillips drivers, but based on a newer specification that makes them also compatible with old JIS screws.

Basically, pure JIS is defunct, but companies like Vessel claim that their drivers conform to the new JIS-compatible Phillips standards.
>>
>>1127784
Every Phillips is JIS compatible. That's why JIS is a meme. Get a quality Phillips impact driver and cross your fingers if you're working on an actual JIS screw.
>>
>>1126369
Can anyone positively identify the green set of screw drivers mid right of OP's pic? TIA.
>>
>>1129177
You mean left? Those are Wera. Looks like a bunch of their miniature drivers.
>>
Irwins for grabbin, old Craftsman for screwin
>>
>>1126782
>gif
>8kb
Not sure why I expected any more than that.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H4NHL2A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486787499&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=precision+drill+bits&dpPl=1&dpID=51mEgUvoKPL&ref=plSrch

Get the mini bit collets or vices if you don't have them already so your bits don't bend.
>>
>>1126373
I love mine. Has gotten me through some shit jobs.
>>
>>1126782
>tomagatchi
Holy shit, I just nostalgia'd
>>
>>1126422
>hand tools are hand tools

Just.fuck.off
>>
>>1126492
Used to be very high quality, but most of them are shit tier these days and over priced.
>>
>>1127777
Vessel JIS are fucking God tier
>>
>>1126369
F A C O M
A
C
O
M
>>
>>1126722
this, pretty much any Williams you can find that is USA-made is going to be good quality. the stuff looks exactly like the Blue-point Taiwan shit they sell on the trucks.
>>
>>1129452
>pretty much any Williams you can find that is USA-made is going to be good quality.

Too bad you dont find a lot of it
>>
>>1129452
>>1129460
Yeah you pretty much have to buy them online unless you happen to have an industrial supplier that deals with Williams locally, and even then they're probably twice the price or more.
>>
toolbox general when?
>>
>>1126434
>>1126434
>>>1126422
>>whatever a garage sale has for cheap
>buy them by the box full, sort them out, abuse as needed
This. You're going to chip the end of the flat head anyway.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.