[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiberglass Contamination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

My house has been contaminated with fiberglass due to the rupture of a fiberglass containing mattress. I have closed off the room that the rupture occurred within, and have discarded the mattress.

Problem is, my house is coated in a layer of fiberglass fibers that range from microscopic to large enough to visibly see with my eyes. My air conditioning is currently using a HEPA filter and I have a bit of money to throw around. I do not want fibrosis of the lungs later in life and would prefer to properly decontaminate my living space.

Ideas?
>>
>>1126292
I've been breathing in fiberglass for 5 years now. Your wussy little 20 minute cleaning job is nothing.

Buy a mask at home depot and clean the fucking room. It's not complicated, and certainly doesn't warrant a thread on /diy/. What I'd like to know is where you got a fucking matress full of fiberglass from.
>>
>>1126293
https://www.google.com/patents/EP1808098A1?cl=en

I don't want fucking fibrosis when I turn 65, you not using a mask for five years of fiberglass exposure makes you an idiot.
>>
>>1126292
Call a guy
>>
>>1126295
>>1126292
fibreglass isnt asbestos. fibreglass is only an issue if you work with it constantly. the reason being that your body cant encyst or eject certain kinds of asbestos fibres. the reason asbestos fucks you up is because it just saws away at your lungs forever and your body can never deal with it.
>>
If you have a nice filter in your system run the fan for a few days! On your thermostat if you have a wire in the G terminal it will do that. If not you can just put in a jumper wire between r and g.
>>
>>1126292
use a vacuum and or blow it out of your house through open windows you little pussy

and who the fuck puts fiberglass in a mattress?
>>
>>1126295
a "smoke in bed" mattress?
>>
>>1126292
Stop being paranoid about your health and vacuum it up. I lived around exposed fiberglass for my entire childhood and I have excellent lung capacity.
>>
>>1126292
Drink water and eat a slice of bread.
Air out the house while your heat/AC is on fullblast for 30 mins.
Turn off the heat/AC.
Sweep then dust everything.
Close house.
Launder all items that can be laundered.
Take a shower.
Use duct tape or clear packing tape on your skin where ever you feel the itching. Just pat it against the skin a few times.

>fiberglass in mattress

That's terrible. Use duct tape or clear packing tape to close the rip.
>>
>>1126292
Burn down house and salt the ground.
or
Pay someone.
Or
Get tyvek suit with hood, use mask and goggles.
Get large ventilation fan, put in window, exhaust. Let in air from a door.
Get leaf vac that has hose, route hose out window. Go around sucking up air near shit that has it. the air going into vac will stir it up, then hopefully suck through leaf vac to be expelled outside. Then use regular house vac to suck up more shit.
Go dump vac, clean out filter etc.
Let room continue to exhaust via fan to hopefully get anything remaining in air out of room.
If air into room would bring in more fiberglass from other rooms, get fresh air into room through ventilation blower with flex duct pulling air in from outside away from house.

Repeat for each room.
Then spray water mist or house cleaner on things and dust them.
Throw away fabric like blankets or chair covers.
Keep humidity high and run room air filters for a while to get remaining parts out.

But if you have the money, call someone to do it. Cover up your expensive tech shit, seal up closets with tape, and throw away fabric, get shit like couches outside to shampoo or steam clean. Then let guys blast your house clean.

Or just move.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.