[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to keep neighborhood cats out of my flowerbeds and from pissing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 16

File: mfwtfs.png (1B, 486x500px)
mfwtfs.png
1B, 486x500px
How to keep neighborhood cats out of my flowerbeds and from pissing on my truck tires?

I've tried what Google suggested i.e. orange peels, coffee grounds, used dipping tobacco and they still keep coming. I can't even walk outside onto my front porch without smelling piss.
>>
>>1126290
Buy a dog duh.
>>
>>1126299
I don't think that'll keep cats out of my front yard lol. I'm tempted to trap and release them.
>>
>>1126290
Inside city limits? Then there's probably a leash law that applies to most pets. Call animal comtrol.
>>
You must've done something to offend them in a past life.
>>
>>1126290
Rat poison and canned kitten food.
Dad used to just shoot them with a 22 but these is different times.
>>
>>1126307
Samefag here
Acetaminophen can be toxic to dogs and cats, but cats are 7 to 10 times more susceptible to acetaminophen toxicity than dogs are. Once swallowed, acetaminophen reaches the blood stream within 30 minutes; toxic effects are rapid and damage the liver and red blood cells.
That mixed with the buck a can kitten food ought to do the trick
>>
>>1126304
My city doesn't mess with cats, only dogs.
>>
>>1126290
simple, get a cat.
mogs are terrottorial, no land is unclaimed and you obviously have a contested battlefield area there - the cats will shit you up until such time you admit defeat and acquire one of their race. Its a clever system of worldwide domination they got going on.
>>
>>1126315
Had one. Great cat inside outside no litter box. He went missing about a year ago.
>>
Try moth balls
>>
>>1126307
>>1126308
i don't think you should poison cats.
if they belong to someone and you are found out you are liable for at least the cost of the cat besides any cruelty stuff.
When i was a kid out neighbour fed our cat somekind of poison and it lay in the utility room coughing its guts up for about 45 minutes before it gave up. if you are considering poisoning them at least have the decency to properly abduct them and kill them by hand so some fucking poor dumb kid doesn't have to cry his fucking heart out watching his best friend melt from the inside out just because it pissed on your fucking truck tyres as if you eat your fucking dinner off them or something fuck you.
>>
Have you tried hooking up those weird automatic sprinklers in your yard? If too pricey just sit in your yard with a hose for a weekend, that aught to keep em scared off
>>
>>1126290
>buy trap
>trap cats
>call the pound
People should keep there cats on a leash.
>>
File: CjbDcSM.gif (1B, 486x500px)
CjbDcSM.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>1127019
>>
>>1126290
get an eagle and train it to catch cats
>>
>>1126290
The cats just love you, OP.
>>
>>1127017
>my pets can go on anyone's property as they please and not suffer any consequences

Uh, no.
>>
Black pepper
>>
get a hose and spray them with water every time they come near your house. it worked for me.
>>
>>1127124
This, cats are easily scared and annoyed. Have you tried this, or anything that involved you phisically, repeatedly doing something annoying -throwing stuff at them or spraying them with a hose-?
>>
>>1127112
Cats are animals and won't respect your autistic little line in the sand and "no cats r alluwed" sign.

Intelligently find a way to discourage them or accept being that fucking weirdo who chases wildlife off their property.

If you ever mess with somebody's pet I hope you get fucked
>>
>>1127173
This, so much this.
Edgy faggots from /an/ are flooding this board again.
>>
What about an electric fence around the flowers?
>>
File: cats vs geese.png (1B, 486x500px)
cats vs geese.png
1B, 486x500px
Get some geese
>>
>>1126290
a hose
>>
>>1127017
Back when I was a kid, there was a crazy cat lady in my town. Her neighbor starting poisoning her cats. Once the lady found out she burned down the neighbors house. Ended up killing the guy's youngest kid who was a toddler at the time.

People really don't like it when you kill their pets.
>>
Set up a sprinkler in your flowerbed. Use a motion detector for an outdoor light and a water solenoid to trigger the sprinkler whenever something enters your flower garden
>>
>>1127173
So if my neighbor has a pit bull that is not on a leash that comes into my yard while im outside playing with my kid and attacks my one year old that's ok because dogs are animals?
>>
>>1127173
>>
>>1127284
Love that story. Poor cats.
>>
>>1127306
No, but it's ok if it kills you, because you're a moron.
>>
>>1127284
Are you really suggesting that the life of a cat is in any way equal to that of a child?
>>
>>1127173
>If you ever mess with somebody's pet I hope you get fucked
I don't know about your place, but here your pets lose all their legal protection when they leave your property and you aren't with them. You're also responsible of any damage they do outside your own autistic little line in the sand.
Meaning that your neighbor can kill your cat AND make you pay for it. While that might be a faggot move, it is also a faggot move to let your cat shit and piss on other people's property.
>>
>>1127306
Do the neighborhood a favor and eradicate that shitty animal.
>>
>>1126290

Motion activated sprinklers, with a central button to activate them.
>>
>>1127387
What's it like having your existence ruled entirely by emotion instead of reason and principle?
>>
>>1127392
I believe they were suggesting that killing something (let alone several things) someone loves because it is of minor inconvenience to you, especially in such a cowardly way, is pretty much inviting disproportionate retribution, whether or not that retribution is justified in any way, shape, or form. Can't trust humans to be rational agents all the time. Holding them accountable ain't all that sweet when you and yours have lost more than you can take from them.
>>
>>1127112
I guess you are as retarded as you are illiterate

>>1127394
> but here
Where? Nowhere. No really. Where?
>>
>>1127413
Shit aside, are dangerous dogs not regulated in your country? Where I live you can sue him for not having the fucking dog on a leash.
>>
I've got a small animal trap about 3 months ago from eBay. I caught a few possum in it using fruit as bait, they like apples.

Caught a cat also, don't know why he went in, maybe hungry.

I don't bother releasing them, I hold them through a towel and snap their necks.
>>
File: 1418024700824.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1418024700824.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>1127212
>Demon flail of L'unch

I'm so glad I read this.
>>
>>1126290
Plant wormwood. I can't remember which specific strain, but a mix different strains could maybe do the job.
>>
>>1127212
You don't happen to know what board this was right? I'd kinda like to find the whole archived thread now.
>>
Why are there so many psychos here? Op has a pest problem.
If I brought rats into a residential area and labeled them 'pets' that doesn't mean they're free to destroy everything they see fit to destroy.

He's done his best with peaceful measures. Now he has a choice to escalate stealthily or complain at the neighbours.

Given the response here it makes more sense to not give the owners a heads up and just poison them. Just find a poison they could have gotten to naturally. Don't go for rat poison or something lazy like that. It probably won't even kill them.
>>
>>1127455
Or he could just set up a motion activated sprinkler system, as has been suggested.
The irony of you calling anyone a psycho while suggesting OP poison someone's pets rather than, you know, talking to them, made reading your post worthwhile.
>>
>>1127463
I gave reason for why talking to the owner doesn't seem like the best idea. But they should obviously use their own judgement.
I was pointing out that if the crazies here were my neighbors and I was in op's shoes. Expect to find your pests dead.
>>
>>1127466
Yes, talking to those people really gets in the way of your plan to poison their pet. Why try to find an amicable solution at all when something fun like that is on the table! If it annoys you it clearly deserves death.

Protip: the 'crazy' in that situation isn't the cat-owner.
>>
>>1127469
>talking to them gets in the way of poisoning the pets
Probably not but if someone finds their pet dead with no external injury they're gonna point at the person who complained. And who knows, maybe the crazy cat owner who gloat at a baby's death because someone killed some other cat owners pet decide to hire someone to do an autopsy and figure out how the cat died.
>why try an amicable solution
See above. Their attitude have made it clear they're not open for discussion.
>if it annoys you it deserves death
IT certainly does when you've exhausted your peaceful options and consider them a nuecence enough to deal with them in this manner.
>>
>>1127474
I hope you get poisoned soon
>>
>>1127482
I hope you stop wishing death upon strangers who have done absolutely nothing to you anon.
>>
>>1127485
you annoyed me so i wish u cancer
>>
>>1127306
A cat and a pitbull are not the same.
One is a dangerous animal that requires constant supervision when out and about, and the other is a cat. The worst thing a cat could do is kill a few of your precious flowers.

depending on where you live you might technically be able to lawfully kill the cat, you'd be a cock to do that, but it's your prerogative.
>>
>>1127403

I like this sprinkler idea best. Even if the cats persist for some reason, at least it's gonna wash away the piss automatically.
>>
>>1126290
Just leave out a bowl of antifreeze with cat food mixed in it. No more cats.
>>
>>1127427
>>1127017
Jeez I'm sorry. Poor cat, poor you. Hope the neighbor gets what's coming to him
>>
File: 1015718.jpg (7KB, 261x214px) Image search: [Google]
1015718.jpg
7KB, 261x214px
>>1127413
You're such a fedorafag, don't cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>1126290
your best bet is a motion activated sprinkler.

Fuck cats though:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/29/cats-wild-birds-mammals-study/1873871/

They kill shit tons of birds
>>
>>1127455
At least have the decency to make it a clean kill. Poison is cowardly.
It doesn't matter if you tell them or not cat people can identify their own kind and those who hate cats very easily.
>>
>>1127392
What? No. I'm just saying that killing someones pet is a shitty thing to do and that some people will go nuclear if you fuck with their pets.

This happened back in 79 or 80. The woman was legit crazy (if I recall she was found to be guilty but mentally ill) and didn't see any jail time. I doubt her intentions were to kill the kid, as the dad was the shitty one who decided to kill her pets.

>>1127591
>OP leaves out poison for cats
>neighbor calls police on him
>police show with K9 unit
>dog eats poison
>OP goes to prison for murder of a police officer
>>
>>1127689
> implying op would make it to prison
>>
get a dog
>>
>>1127813
>yes good goy get a D-g
>>
>>1127173
>Cats are animals and won't respect your autistic little line in the sand and "no cats r alluwed" sign.
This is why you, THE OWNER, are then responsible for their behavior. Can't control your cat? Keep it indoors. "Animals just do what they want!" is just lazy pet owner talk.
>>
>>1127173

No sweetie, you can't have a free roaming cat in a city
>>
>>1127887
I can in my city, actually, all your sorry ass can do is waste your afternoon trapping it and returning it to me. Over and over.
>inb4 vigilante justice because a cat dared to sit on your patchy-ass lawn
>>
Pepperspray?
>>
>>1127114
This.
Cats have very sensitive noses, they can't stand the smell of pepper.
>>
>>1126290
Live trap it.
Beat it to death with a hammer.
Throw in the street.
Poor kitty got hit by a car.
>>
>>1127403
Most elegant solution
>>
>>1127933

In retrospect you can just of course just take the water pressure off to deactivate, remaining pressure in the hose might be enough to still spray you though. A second tap to release pressure might be handy instead of having to take the hose off each time.
>>
>>1126290
piss on the cat.
i guarentee they wont come back if you spray them with something like sulphur. also the cats owner will need to deal with their shitty piss cat. if it comes home often enough smelling like hell itself they may even throw away the cat.
>>
>>1127041
Lost and saved for a future YLYL thread
>>
>>1127922
So ground pepper or buy a bunch of whole peppers or what?
>>
Cats (and dogs) HATE citronella oil. Pour some into a spray bottle and top up with water and spray it on your truck/flowerbeds/patio/whatever.
>>
File: Fuck_off_cat.jpg (56KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_off_cat.jpg
56KB, 500x463px
Use your own urine and spray it on the cat. They hate sulphuric liquids.
The laziest method would be a motion triggered sprinkler with your own piss.
>>
>>1126290
motion sensing camera , with an automatic flame thrower attached to it
>>
>>1128001
>Hello, Sir - We received reports from your neighbors about an agitated man running backwards and forwards over this garden, waggling his penis around..?
>Yes Sir? Its 'the animals' youre after then, is it? Now, if you'd just take a seat in the rear of the car here..
>>
Would genuinely murder someone if they poisoned my cat.

If you kill people's pets because they piss in your garden then there's something very wrong with you.
>>
>>1128064
If you think your pets have a right to roam on other people's property there's something wrong with you.

How would you like it if I had a big pet say like a horse and I let it come shit in your yard everyday? Or it ate up your garden you spent all day planting?
>>
>>1128068
>>1128068
Do you kill sparrows that enter your garden, squirrels?

Are you really comparing cat shit in your garden to a horse eating the whole thing?

I get cats in my garden, all I do is bang on the window and they run away, it's not difficult. I don't get any cat shit.

How much cat shit do you actual get to make you consider killing the cats?

I've trodden in dog shit countless times yet I don't want to kill any dogs.
>>
>>1128074
I really don't want to kill someone's pet, I was just wondering if there was a homemade concoction that I could mix up with household items to repel them off my porch and flower beds.
>>
>>1126290
>>>/k/
>>
>>1128079
You can get those supersonic alarms that are triggered by movement and cats hate it
>>
>>1127563
>the other is a pitbull
FTFY
>>
>>1126290
Poison is a fucking terrible idea jesus fuck. I thought the summerfags were supposed to be gone

Have some decency. Just rig a sprinkler system, or spray them if you see them. Or use a hi freq sound system to keep them away.

You could even use glue traps for maximum lols if you wanted. But poisoning somebody's pets is a dick move on levels i can't even begin to express. And anybody that says otherwise is an edgelord
>>
>>1128094
I never said I wanted poison. I just wanted like some homemade spray to keep them away. I tried the orange peels, coffee grounds, dipping tobacco and they laughed at it.
>>
>>1128083
this or garden pet fencing. the shock is mild and will mostly just startle them.
>>
>>1126290
put lye in your garden, itll hurt their feet but no seriously. Like a sting.
>>
Do you have walls around your flowerbeds?
If so, spray Vinegar on them, cats hate it.
It will smell, but wait one or two days and spray your bed walls. [spoiler]Or wait for rain.[/spoiler]
Humans can't smell it anymore, but cats still do.
>>
>>1127284
sounds fair
>>
>>1127988
Cracked peppercorns.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-161246.png (579KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-161246.png
579KB, 1440x2560px
coyote piss
don't you faggots know anything?
>>
>>1127212
Feels like there's a lot more to this story that was left out
>>
>>1128150
Your own piss does the trick too.
>>
>>1127442
Not the possum I hope? You mean the cats right? If so: you're doing gods work.
>>
If you dont want to kill them, whenever they show up shoot them with a cheap full auto airsoft gun. It won't injure them but it hurts like hell and they will eventually get the message
>>
>>1128094
> calls others edgelords
> promotes glue traps for lols
Trolling at warp factor 8 over here.
>>
>>1127175
>>1127175
Why are cat owners/lovers such pissy fucking edgy cunts?

Fuck you and fuck cats, you are so damn annoying
>>
I had a dog that would walk through a neighbors garden and meet me at lunch during school. (I was 12). Eventually the neighbor shot my dog and threw him on my porch. Must have shot my dog with a slug cuase his body was really mangled. I was so pissed i tourched that fucker's garden with gasoline while he was sleeping. Almost caught his whole house on fire and could have killed. Still worth it.
>>
>>1127689
Manslaughter 3rd degree would be the worse he never intentionally aimed to kill the dog.
>>
>>1128702
No chance of ending up in 3rd, not a crime of passion. More likely to end up in 2nd than 3rd but that would be incredibly hard to argue. Expect to catch 8 years for involuntary manslaughter.
>Anything less than max sentence for a cop-killer
>>
>>1127306
>implying all pitbulls are dangerous animals
>>
>>1127175
Stray cats are vermin. The only benefit they add, killing other vermin, is outweighed by the hideous noises they make when mating/fighting and the amount of destruction they cause. They can also carry diseases like Parvo, CSD, and rabies, which can pass to humans through urine (parvo) and bites/scratches (rabies/CSD). If your "pet" is destroying my property, you're probably violating a city ordinance. Lots of cats aren't inoculated either, and "herds" of strays definitely aren't, which will eventually negate any inoculations your "domestic" cat may have because mutations, simply because you let it roam free, instead of protecting your precious snowball from diseases, vehicles, angry property owners, and budding sociopaths.
>>
>>1127655
How much does that cost to install verses the cost of poison?
>>
>>1128150
Wouldn't that attract coyotes?
>>
>>1129601
That's why you spray mountain lion piss on top of that.
>>
>>1129611
>anon garden finally free of cats
>cannot outside as yard now full of randy mountain lions
>>
>>1129600
Significantly less than the legal fees and/or property damage you'll receive when (and I do mean when) the owners figure out you're to blame.

>inb4 I'm in the right muh property
Won't stop them taking you to court.
Won't prevent you needing to hire legal council.
>>
>>1129625
OP should have been more specific.
>>
>>1129627
How would they figure out it's me? Because it isn't.
>>
>>1129625
In total war, there is no middle ground.

CATS or MOUNTAIN LIONS, OP. Pick your poison.
>>
>>1126290
Shoot them
>>
>>1126980
Maybe someone got annoyed with him pissing on tires and shitting in their yard. You reap what you sow, faggot
>>
>>1127306
I've killed 3 dogs on my property because they love to chase and kill my chickens. I drug their bodies to the street and left them on the curb. My state has a leash law. One of the owners called the cops, cops came, we chatted, he said since they posed a threat to my property, and I only shot once to kill and didn't do it with malicious intent,I wasn't being charged. I have 3 dogs. They stay fenced or leashed. My dogs would attack another person's dog. If my dogs get out and are killed off of my property, I'd be heartbroken, but completely to blame
>>
>>1130179
No you didn't, edgy little queer.
>>
>>1126290
Shoot cat.
>>
>>1127463
>Or he could just set up a motion activated sprinkler system, as has been suggested.

More money. Instead,trap and turn in to the animal shelter.
>>
>>1130192
Not him. Shooting to protect livestock is traditional for hundreds of years and legal in most places. I've shot a couple of dogs to protect my birds. My property, my duty as a good steward of my animals, end of story.

Farmers have the right attitude about predators. It's not remotely edgy to shoot predators. It's a normal chore like any other.

Animal freaks are emotionally damaged so they lose their mind when realists deal with predators. Like autists, they are to be ignored.
>>
OP, you never stated if they were stray or not. It's (usually) pretty easy to tell.

If they're stray, just catch and call to get them carted off. If you eliminate all females, the entire colony dies off within a few months.

I'd ask the neighbors within the nearest 5-6 houses if they have cats. Ask about the strays-- chances are, they'll agree that they are a nuisance or they'll reveal themselves as the asshole who feeds strays/keeps too many cats. If the former, ask for assistance in finding ground zero, if the latter, explain that there needs to be a downsize on feline life or consequences.

5 cats "owned" by a single person will occupy a larger area than 2 would. Any local authority will start scooping cats at around 4-5 I believe, even in a house with
>>
>>1130192
Yes, I did. I gave them a fair chance by posting a sign on our mailboxes to please leash dogs. Then I called the police to get one dog that I trapped. Next time I saw a dog, I fired. Didn't see another for about 8 months. I felt kinda bad, but my chickens were safe
>>
>>1130206
Nice sociopathic fantasy, kid.
>>
>>1130198
Which will result in them scanning the animals for microchips and returning them to the owner. So you've wasted your time, the shelter's time, the owner's time, and changed literally nothing.
>>
>>1126290

Human Piss, mark your territory bro

But yeah I fucking hate cats, they spray all over your shit and it stinks, and shit everywhere, I spray em with cold water my self, caught one having a sleep on time on top of my shed in the night and snook right up to it and soaked it, never saw a cat leap so high before in fright, hope the fucker froze, can get pretty chilly in the UK at night.
>>
Holy shit you guys really jumped to the nuclear option quick, op was just wondering if there was some mix of common household things that cats don't like the smell of to repel them. What's up with you guys and immediately going to poison.

Granted I've trapped and brought a few strays to pest control where they put them down. Whenever it has a collar I just send it to the pound where they have a month to claim it before it's put down, the cats generally don't come around my house anymore, the pets got the message that they weren't wanted after being trapped on my property.
>>
>>1130210
>not microwaving the animal first to neutralize the ID chip
>>
Mark your shit OP start pissing and shitting on your flower garden and tires, then tell know that you're not fucking around and leave you alone.
>>
>>1129611
>>1129611
Then bear piss
Then yeti piss
Then alien piss
Predator piss
God's piss
40 day flood of piss.
Fuck you Noah.
>>
>>1126290
If only there were some local government agency that could bring an ANIMAL problem under CONTROL.

Seriously anon. Trap the faggots and turn them over to animal control. They'll handle them safely, humanely, and effectively.
>>
>>1127017

;-;
>>
>>1126290
Rig it up so a mild electric current runs through them
>>
>>1126290

Have you told the neighbors about it? If you have and it's still happening, you should speak to a lawyer. You might be able to sue them.

Please don't hurt or kill the poor kitter. It doesn't know what it's doing is harmful.
>>
>>1126308
Acetaminophen is also quite bitter and the fuckers can taste that...
>>
>>1128001
>Come home hammered at 3AM
>because hammered as fuck, you forget about the sprinkler
>wake up literally soaked in your piss in your driveway
>>
>>1127894
>inb4 your cat drowns in a trashcan filled with water
>>
>>1130409
My city doesn't handle cats, only dogs.
>>
>>1127427
A million cats aren't worth 1 child life, especially if it was a smart kid
>>
Have you spoken to your neighbor about it? Literally one conversion could potentially solve this problem.

Bit nah let's jump to poison.
>>
>>1127212

Summoning eagles sounds way better to me.
>>
>>1127394
>>1127440

Cats (pets in general) are considered personal property under the law. The owner is absolutely liable for any damage a pet causes.

Property owners and tenants also have a reasonable expectation of the enjoyment of their property, so pet owners are liable when their pets disrupt that enjoyment, even if the pet doesn't cause physical damage (e.g. cat piss smell makes it unpleasant to be outside, or if a barking dog won't let you sleep). You can take someone to court in what is called a nuisance action, and if the court agrees they can order the creator of the nuisance to stop or modify their behavior.

Killing a neighbor's cat is criminal at least in the sense of destruction of property and theft. Many localities have additional laws (e.g. animal cruelty laws) that add penalties when you kill, injure, or poison another person's animal without their consent. The only time you can use force against another person's pet is when it's the aggressor.

Note that it's usually legal to set live-traps on your property for the purpose of controlling wildlife. If your neighbor traps your cat they have a duty to return it if they know whose it is, but otherwise they can take it to a humane shelter (or potentially kill it) as though it were vermin. It's important to make sure your animals are tagged or else they can be treated (and killed) like strays.
>>
>>1127894

If you don't control your cat after it causes problems for your neighbors you're a shitty person.

If it gets to the point where they go through the trouble of live-trapping it and returning it several times, and you're an indignant retard about the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if the cat stops showing up one day.
>>
>>1126290
Shoot them
>>
>>1130564
Your comprehension is terrible.
>>
>>1128074
maybe its more of a hate towards the owner, because cats are a lazy mans pet. You buy them and then they shit everywhere but your own place (because you teach them not to, while not giving a shit that they piss the furniture of your neighbour). You care so much about their wellbeing that you thing all your neighbours agreed on this kind of deal.
Fuck you and your pets, you re a piece of shit.
>>
Impossible to keep cats out of garden. Have a neighbor that takes in strays and is friends with people powerful at the city. No amount of various animal piss, vinegar, garlic, mint, etcetc will keep them out of my garden (food not flowers). It rains here a lot and washes it off. Cats used to the rain do not answer to auto sprinklers.

The reason cats suck but I dont care about squirrels or birds? Cats carry parasites in poop that can terminate pregnancies. Wife and I are in the middle of making a brood of children, I dont want to lose one because of cat parasites.

Going to have to start silently killing them. Fortunately they like to sleep on my truck/in the wheel well. Made door as quiet as possible to wake them up with being pulled under a tire.

Fuck cats
>>
Geht one of these electric fences, that are used for cows or horses. The cat will make a big jump but it won't be letal.
>>
bury chicken wire fencing, just a little bit under the dirt/soil.. it will deter them when they get their claws stuck, they cant dig in dirt and they dont like it.
>>
A BB gun
>>
Claymores. They work pretty good against insurgent forces...
>>
>>1128700
Nice
>>
>>1127392
Yes.
>>
>>1126299
>tired of smelling piss
>would rather smell dogshit
>>
I read that they hate white vinegar. Any thoughts on this? Is white vinegar harmful to plants or grass?
>>
>>1126290
Orange peels. Cats hate citrus and most commercial cat repellent have critic acid as the main ingredient.
>>
>>1126290
Surround it with catnip and spray bleach on it.
>>
>>1128150
Doesn't like the cat piss smell yankydoddle dumb wants him to buy piss and splash it around his garden lol
>>
>>1127173
Fuck you and your stupid fucking suburban, Disney movie outlook on life.

You idiots and your "muh pets can do what they want" bullshit have cost my family thousands over the years in farm animals. Guess what? Fido likes to kill chickens and goats. Your cat likes to get in chicken coups and kill all of the laying hens it can find.
They're no fucking different from a racoon or a coyote when they're off your property, and people like me wind up shooting them.

Keep your fucking pets in your fucking house.
>>
>>1133088
>cat likes to get in chicken coups and kill all of the laying hens it can find.
that's not a thing cats do.
>>
>>1127017
If it belonged to someone, it would have a collar, right?

In that case, it makes sense to try contacting the owner, but otherwise it's not worth getting bent out of shape about deterrants.

If animal control won't do anything about it, and it doesn't belong to anybody, and it's simply damaging your property, there's not much else that can be done.
>>
>>1133119
please show me your qualifications to back up this statement
>>
Set a trap and catch them, not hard.

From here you can

1. Take the cat to a shelter

2. Hose the fucker for a good 10 minutes then let it out

3. Drop the cage into a body of water with the cat in it
>>
File: med_1409220093_1381511898_00001.jpg (76KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
med_1409220093_1381511898_00001.jpg
76KB, 640x402px
>>1126290

In my "cats need to roam" neighborhood, imhave found that a .22 varmint rifle with a homemade diesel truck filter suppressor works great, just be sure to bring them down only in the backyard and double bag the remains before tossing, thought about a graveyard but that might be obvious.

For dogs, raw spoild hamburger in a medium sized ball, soaked in anti-freeze and containing a center of dark chocolate works great, if you mix in some ground up glass, it works even better, while out walking I carry a collapsible metal baton, most dogs stumble off after a few full strength swings to the head.

Now if you want to talk about 2 legged intruders to your property, a wood chipper can be a valuable tool.
>>
>>1133139
Cats like the stalk and hunt shit smaller than them, they dont just go in and kill large chickens
Thats something a fox would do
>>
>>1130303
underrated
https://totseans.com/totse/en/bad_ideas/irresponsible_activities/1001cat.html
>>
>>1130199
>Animal freaks are emotionally damaged so they lose their mind when realists deal with predators. Like autists, they are to be ignored.
this
sad part is they're getting legislation to go their way more and more
>>
>buy trap from academy
>successfully trap cat
>bring to city animal control
>city animal control refuses to take it because "we don't deal with cats"
>"ok, guess I'll just dump it off in the woods somewhere then"
>get arrested for animal cruelty
>>
>>1133139
Not him but I have three chickens and a cat. The chickens beat up the cat regularly, it's actually kind of strange. The cat eviscerated a reasonably large possum but won't touch the chooks.
>>
>>1127563
Cats spread toxoplasmosis
>>
>>1127563
feral cats actually decimate local fauna populations
sometimes to the point of near extinction
>>
File: 1486934884554.jpg (235KB, 960x746px) Image search: [Google]
1486934884554.jpg
235KB, 960x746px
>>1127175

You would be surprised to know how the majority of /an/ feels about stray and feral cats damaging the environment. Only a shit tier owner would let their pet roam around unsupervised. >>2317381
Personally I've used a 22 with CB shorts, just don't be an idiot.
t. /an/ user
>>
>>1133441
Oops
>>2317381#
>>
>>1133442
>>>>/an/2317381

you'll be wanting that, I quess - just had a brief glance, they indeed make /pol/ & The Final Solution appear moderate in comparison. Are you miserable fuckers trying to tell me, you cant let a cat out, full stop? Got neighbors cats shittin in mine, but Id (much) prefer that, rather than the prospect of never seeing a cat again, personally.
>>
>>1130179
You're the only dog owner I can respect.
I have a cat but I keep that shithead inside like they're supposed to be.
>>
>>1133251
Brian? Garret?
>>
>my cat should be allowed to roam free on other people's property and piss on their property

I bet you people are the same assholes that support rapefugees.
>>
>>1126290
a fence that is impossible to climb is very good at keeping cats out it will be a investment but it will keep big animals out for sure
>>
So, my understanding of 'Murican law is: dumbass goes on your property, doesn't explain he's a cop - you may shoot the fucker.
Why change a thing for pets?
>>
>>1128064
It's not your cat if it's in my yard, it's a feral animal, and will be dealt with accordingly.
>>
In New Zealand they get clear plastic bottles, fill them with water and put them on your lawn. I dont know how it works but apparently thy dont make a mess if they see them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQ6eSUF8wk
>>
I saw a youtube video about a motion-activated fully-auto airsoft gun, if I remember correctly, it was made by some guy that builds bunkers for a living. Seems like a very fun /diy/ way to keep unwanted animals off your property without actually causing irreparable damage to the animal.

I've also successfully trained animals to not piss on things by laying a couple strips of aluminum tape down, connected to a 9V battery. It's no more painful than if you put your tongue on the battery, except of course that it's a urethra.
>>
>>1127413
They don't understand the question. Being humane to animals is an oxymoron.
>>
>>1127442
Possums are actually good.... sometimes. Cats are cancer. I once started feeding one stray cat and a week later I was at the mercy of about 10. I said duck thar noise and stopped feeding them. So they started meowing aND using my porch as a catbox. But my aluminum I'm bat hasn't seen that much action since. Don't know if I killed any of them but I definitely ducked up some felines. Now I don't have a problem, and I also don't feed stray animals!
>>
>>1127469
Most cat owners are crazy. They will defend their cats and possibly treat you like some outcast if you try and complain to them. Believe it or not, people don't like other people complaining about their pets. Regardless of if they are actually in the the wrong.
>>
>>1127894
You are the reason for people wanting to kill cats. Ducking out on responsibility. If you can't take proper care of them, don't have them.
>>
>>1132355
How do you figure?
>>
>>1132976
Yes
>>
>>1133685
>If you can't take proper care of them, don't have them.
If people actually thought that way, most people on 4chan would never have been born.
>>
>>1133693
Yes as it's an effective deterrent or yes it kills plants and grass?
>>
File: cat tub.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
cat tub.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>1127041
>>
>>1126290

Heavy duty slingshot
Large ball bearings
Aim for the side
Broken ribs are a bitch
>>
>>1129601
>Wouldn't that attract coyotes
If it did, the cat problem would definitely be resolved.
>>
>>1133621
In Texas, it is.
>>
>>1133634
It's a thing in Tokyo too. Clear plastic bottles filled with water everywhere in residential areas
>>
>>1126307
fuck you bro
>>
>>1126299
*bb gun.
>>
Grow catnip in some area near your garden, but not on your property. They'll just go get high instead.
>>
>>1128083
My neighbor got some bullshit like this. Wasn't exactly supersonic (well it probably was to him, he's like 80), it would go off all night long and I couldn't fucking stand it. I took the thing home, cracked it open, and cut one of the wires running to the battery pack, and put it back. That was over a year ago and it's still in his yard placeboing it up
>>
>>1134370
Haha my grandpa had one of those too and no one would believe me I could hear it.
>>
>>1133685 This
>>1127894 Literally made me feel like switching sides on this topic just to spite you, you fucking shitlord
>>
>>1127017
>at least the cost of the cat
Free?
>>
>>1126290
Save up pissbottles for a few days. Let them ferment for a week. Load up a supersoaker water gun with it, keep it by the door and ready for action. Every time you catch a cat on your property, unload karmic pissjustice upon it. This is basic level territoriality. 100% effective. Camping out waiting for them is worth it.
>>
>>1127894
I'd send your cat home with fluorescent dicks and skunk essence spray painted on it. Over and over.
>>
File: 1483159996189.jpg (38KB, 750x825px) Image search: [Google]
1483159996189.jpg
38KB, 750x825px
>>1127894
why bother returning it and just dump it out in the country?
>>
My father used to buy lion-droppings in the local zoo (Amsterdam, Netherlands) as a cat repellant. Spread it out in your garden and voila!
>>
>>1129627
>>1127017
>>1127474
I don't know how you think the legal system works, but unless OP goes full retard and puts poisoned bait on his own property, there isn't really any way to prove that he did anything.

The best solution would be to catch their dumb cat, snap it's neck and throw it in a forest away from OP's neighborhood. Let the owners think that it ran off or got hit by a car.

The cat is gone and the neighbors are none the wiser.
>>
File: 1486813124475m.jpg (141KB, 1024x785px) Image search: [Google]
1486813124475m.jpg
141KB, 1024x785px
>>1133446
>Are you miserable fuckers trying to tell me, you cant let a cat out, full stop?
I take issue with people who let thier cat roam free and unsupervised. Feral and stray cats cause more than just inconveniences like OP.
If you want to be a responsible owner who makes sure their cat doesn't harm itself or the ecosystem, or cause problems for others while it's outside than great, more power to you.
>>
>>1127017
I'm a cat guy. I don't let my little furry fucker roam. You're a piece of shit, and letting your cat roam invites whatever pain you think you're too good for.

>>1127173
You're too stupid to own pets. Please, surrender them to someone who isn't a window licking mong.

>>1127442
This is the best. Trap 'em, and dispose of them however you want. Want to be nice and take them to a pound? Your prerogative. I've found that .22 subsonic and a rifle with a 20" or greater barrel is just fine.
>>
>>1136588
what is this image supposed to be showing?
>>
File: 1486813074860.jpg (113KB, 666x755px) Image search: [Google]
1486813074860.jpg
113KB, 666x755px
>>1137079
Wrong image
This is just an example of how fucking stupid people can be concerning their pets
>>
>>1137606
>Wrong image
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
You just need to provide a litter box near the flower bed.

Like, that's literally all you need to do. They will end up using it. You will need to filter it about once a week or so.
>>
Sprinklers on timers, or proximity alarms will work too. Or any kind of wind chime that makes a rattle or hissing sound as cats are afraid of snakes, it's in their dna.
>>
>tfw you can legally kill your neighbor's pets if they're harming your property
>>
>>1137607
I already said I was from /an/.
Having two images related to animals and vegetarians makes me obsessed?
You assume too much.
>>
>>1126290
See you were a bad cat owner and let your cat piss 'round your property marking it. Even though your neighbors killed your cat his piss markings remain and now your neighbor's cats are attracted to his old scent and are remaeking it...
>>
>>1126299

Wire traps tied to airhorns
>>
>>1137767
Apparently you've never lived near an animal hoarder or a crazy cat lady. Once the stray cat population goes up your idea of a fix does fuck all.
If the cat problem is minor then yes your idea will work, except for the fact that you are taking care of a litter box for a cat that doesn't even belong to you.
>>
>>1137817
>you are taking care of a litter box for a cat that doesn't even belong to you.

cat cuck?
>>
>>1137823
Maybe.
It's either take care of someone else's responsibility in your flower garden, or in a litter box.
Also OP, plant lillies. Lots of lillies, they are poisonous to cats.
>>
>>1137652
Back to cuckit with you.
>>
>>1137817
Talking to the wrong chap, dingus...
>>
>>1137652
FFFUUUUUU
>>
>>1137857
No, the anon I quoted was the one suggesting putting a litter box next to your flower bed. That's who I was talking to dingus.
>>
File: 1488117384548.jpg (133KB, 1367x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1488117384548.jpg
133KB, 1367x1692px
>>1137973
>Then, just dispose of the cat.
>>
So I have two Irish Setters. Fully grown with all of the health issues that come with being a purebreed. Beautiful but stupid as a rock. They only shit in one part of my yard, but if they see someone they know they will go into neighbors yard. I talked to my neighbors about this though to ensure they were okay with it before going full Trump and building a fence.

My neighbor is a pitbull guy, if a dog doesnt obey him he pins it and chews its ear until dominance is established. Saw him kill a doberman by snapping its back Bane style when it charged him and his kid while walking down the street.

Evidently he is okay with my dog because she is dumb and beautiful, and he cant fault her for someting nobody can control. Told me to feel free to shoot his if it comes into my yard because it cant be trusted.

Point is though, had he objected there would be a five foot fence to ensure his propery rights were respected.
>>
>>1135417
mfw I just understood what pissbottle threads where for.

>>1135425
>fluorescent dicks
kek

>>1126290
Also what about space-programming cats to moon OP ?
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.