[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

straight cut with z saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I am new to woodworking and am wondering what the easiest way to cut straight would be.

I have purchased a pull saw and need to use it to make some shelves out of some wood planks I have. I've read everything from using c clamps to buying a saw guide and was wondering what any of you guys would use.

Maybe some links to what I should buy. I'm not looking to spend over 50 unless it's stuff that I'll use for years to come.
>>
Practice and care.
>>
don't use a hand saw

you should already own or have gotten instead, a circular saw

get some simple clamps, clamp a rafter square (which you also should have) to it, use the square as the cutting guide

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-bar-clamp-96210.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-1-aluminum-rafter-angle-square-61877.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-14-in-10-amp-heavy-duty-circular-saw-with-laser-guide-system-69078.html
>>
>>1125903
That is some very cheap stuff. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1125940
make sure to use a 20% coupon and a freebie

they also have 12in rafter squares as well
>>
Have you considered drawing a line with a straight edge and cuting it its not difficult to cut a straight line with a handsaw just stay focused have sharp teath and let the saw do the work
>>
>>1125903
Oh man that saw. I would be very nervous about using a $29 circular saw from horrible fright.
>>
>>1126016
because every other saw manufacturer makes their stuff only in america, only from american made parts
>>
>>1126016
Half the names brand you can buy at homecheapo or Lowe's or ace probably come off the same production line or are made using the same parts inside. Everything is shit today unless you drop serious money on it. It's all made to be disposable cause nobody wants to take 20 min it's to fix anything. In my experience and away from the shit line of stuff at harbor freight and it will probably last the average homeowner for years.

And let's be honest most people will call a contractor to change a power outlet anymore. Most people don't even do their own shit
>>
I've decided to purchase a z saw, c-clamps, and a good square. Upon further research I see no reason to need anything else for my project. Perhaps a good plane later.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.