[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making bricks without clay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 682_large.jpg (41KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
682_large.jpg
41KB, 400x266px
Hi /diy/,
My question might seem stupid,it is basically the title.
Is there any way to make bricks without using clay or cement?

I'm working on a project and we have sand, straw, manure, but no dirt (not easily, at least)

I was looking into making adobe and such, and I know you're supposed to use clay, but I've seen a video (that I can't find now) where they only seemed to use sand, manure, and some sort of plant.

Thanks
>>
Try hemp
>>
>>1125179
Yes, a traditional mix is of manure+sand, with straw to reinforce, mixed and beaten into a slurry.
It makes weaker blocks, is much less water resistant, and exposes you to pathogens. also, you need water to get it to mix well into slurry.

I sound like an oldfag now, but wth is your project, if we know what youre trying we may have suggestions in a completely different direction
>>
not that complicated

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rguawpCMzT4
>>
>>1125179
Called CEB. Compressed earth block.

Build big lever activated press, bottle jack press, or pony up for a 7 ton log splitter like me.

Bonus. Shreaded cardboard, paper, and leaves soaked in water over night and oress and dry for fire logs.

Another bonus. Beer can press. 1.5 gazillion cans per cubic foot.

Make sure and okay it with the scrap yard first or find a company they trust to take them since u in theiry could hide a fucking canon ball in it and rip them off.

Good luck bro.

I hear it takes a lot of fucking blocks to do much. And ~10% concrete mixed with the dirt nakes a big difference.

Be interested to see anything u come up with.

Although this building method has been used for thousands of years its not real modernized since we have had concrete for hundreds.
>>
File: building_blocks_new.jpg (391KB, 1000x1944px) Image search: [Google]
building_blocks_new.jpg
391KB, 1000x1944px
>>1125425
Forgot pic.

They sell expensive ass machines.

I live in oklahoma and do a lot kf dirtwork.

I own 15 acres with a giant fucking clay seem. Been digging with my backhoe and mixing it with dirt. Gonna build me a hand fed machine for testing.
>>
Googling Bricks from Manure nets several findings, including some tutorials and even a slideshow on how to make bricks from cow manure. It even calculates possible production volume and compares economic factors to traditional brick making techniques.
These are only the first three links.
>>
Its called a cob house there are hundreds of books tutoruals and videos as well as companies that make them
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.