[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What types of tools would allow me to cut or burrow through rock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: x.xx.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
x.xx.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
What types of tools would allow me to cut or burrow through rock?
>>
>>1124498

**what types of power tools
>>
Anything where impact/work surfaces are high carbon steel or above.

Diamond tipped tungsten is best.

You can use a power drill to make holes and fill those with dexpan, and wait then bust up the pieces with a sledge and cart away the rubble.

Or you can fill the holes with black powder or whatever.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170201-161527.jpg (373KB, 1433x754px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170201-161527.jpg
373KB, 1433x754px
>>1124498
Op?
>>
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/tunnel/challenge/tools/fire.html
>>
You could try dynamite to burrow through rock.
>>
>>1124498
Star drill + hammer

>>1124499
Jackhammer
>>
>>1124498
Bare minimum? Other, preferably slightly harder, rock.
>>
>>1124498
You can cut with an angle grinder and diamond disk.
You can't really burrow.
>>
water jets.
>>
>>1124498
nitroglycerin
>>
>>1124769

Burrowing is just applied cutting.

Cut cross-hatch pattern. Break out pieces with chisel. Repeat.

Not saying it wouldn't take forever, but there really is no quick way of burrowing through solid rock. Even the fastest ghetto method, explosives, still requires a lot of setup, greatly slowing things down.

The only thing that can really go through rock at an appreciable rate is a tunneling machine. And even small ones cost a small fortune.
>>
>>1124498
man that looks horrible to tack up that canal
>>
>>1125250

Its too sensitive.

Nitrating hexamine is safer, you need a blasting cap to set off the reaction.

Nitrated glycerin will fucking explode if you trip and fall with it or bump the container too hard against something.

Dexpan is best but takes time. Flash powder or black powder is safer than mixing up homemade explosives
>>
>>1125256
Not him but as a millionaire can you point me in the direction? Do drive in tunnelling machines capable of near vertical descent exist?
>>
>>1125273
I can't imagine they would. you need like a cogged rail etc for steep inclines and heavy machinery. I could picture MAYBE a 30 degree slope. and highly dependent on geology.
of course, vertical mining rigs exist, but youu need industrial lifts/cranes if you want to get stuff out again.
>>
>>1125250
Topkek.

We dont even play that game these days.

Standard dynamite will burn even....

Hell, we light it on fire and throw rocks at it all of the fucking time.

Takes pressure and fire to splode.
>>
>>1125270
LOL. Just saw the boat.

RIP captain blondebeard
>>
>>1125273
Near verticle...

Shit son. I imagine they would.

We use a rock drill that can drill any direction it wants.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.