[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mole holocaust 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

Moles have plagued my beautiful lawn for over two years now and I'm ready and motivated to wage total war on them this year.

Fake poison worms have been an expensive failure. Maybe I'm not using them right, but I no longer trust their effectiveness. Mole repellents (ground thumpers and chemical lawn treatments) didn't work.

I'm thinking this time I would like to try smoking them out, but instead of using glorified sulfur stinkbombs like what is commercially available, I'd like to try a new approach and flood their tunnel network with lethally poisonous gas. Better still if the gas makes them suffer a bit before they expire, and is tenacious and sticks around in the tunnels. It would be best if I could just make the underground caverns lethally toxic to mammalian life for a while.

This video proved encouraging. If I could homebrew toxic smoke and forced it through the tunnel network with a shop vac all the moles would be as good as dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUy557_mvE

Any thoughts? Who here has eliminated a mole problem successfully?
>>
predator pee works well
you can get free used kitty litter from
that old hag cat lady next door and drop it in the holes and around the yard.
>>
>>1124296

You can try planting mole bean plants or some other toxic/noxious thing like tagetes so they know to stay away.
>>
>>1124296
>poison worms
You sure they are moles, not voles?
> Better still if the gas makes them suffer a bit before they expire
Oh, another psychopath. Sulfur dioxide certainly fits the bill then, you just need lots of it.

Why not just use traps? Sure, you still need to use them properly, but they work quite well.
>>
You should just salt your lawn. If it's dead, the moles will also go.
>>
>>1124296
Just drown them. Use a hose and just letter rip for a day or two. Bonus points for waiting with a dog and a .22
>>
>>1124388
This. But a day or 2? Nah. Give it like 5 minutes tops and move the hose to a different spot. Jam it in a fresh tunnel and then sit on a stool with a 12 guage...
>>
Propane down the tunnel, then light it. Wrecked my lawn temporarily, but haven't had moles for years since
>>
If you have a lot of spare styrofoam mix it with gas to make poor mans napalm. If you make enough you could try burning them out
>>
>>1124296
Go big or go home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgztUzqaL3E
>>
>>1124296
Gas them.

I had the same problem. I covered as many holes as I could find with boards and barbells right before they usually wake up then ran a flex pipe from the exhaust on my truck into the biggest hole.

Sat there for about 3 hours with a 10/22 getting the survives/runners.

Also you will need to have full tank of gas before starting, I had to use my tractors gas to keep the gassing going
>>
>>1124431
I live in kansas if you wanna have a beer sometime. You sound like a fun dude.
>>
>>1124363
I can tell you've played 'moley voley' before
>>
>>1124296
Have you tried mixing ammonia and bleach together and pumping it into the holes? The gas should be heavy enough to roll into all of the chambers.

Or find all the holes, pour about a gallon of kerosene into each hole, seal all but two, and ignite it.
>>
>>1124435
Thanks, Sorry I can't take you up on that. I don't live near Kansas.

But that really does work. Use mud to make the hole your pumping gas into air tight and the hot exhaust pipe will make it like concrete
>>
File: Pit-Trap.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Pit-Trap.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1124296
Stomp down all the mounds them wait for new piles to out where the little cocksuckers are at then mix equil parts ammonia and bleach into this
Or try to live trap so you can confirm the kill
>>
>>1124431
>a flex pipe from the exhaust on my truck

I used my lawn mower
>>
>>1124546
That dulls the blades. Idk about you but I don't like sharpening blades 2 or 3 times a year
>>
They hate dirty bass and rap music, speakers in a plastic bag down the holes...
>>
>buy grubs/beetle larva
>douse in antifreeze
>stick in hole
>???
>profit
>>
We had a 2 stray cats that were friendly and they fucked the shit out of any mole in my yards. I'd find 1-2 dead every day. I wish the cats were still around.
>>
>>1124296
I saw a rat run into a tunnel in our lawn. I got my propane tank out, flooded it with gas, stepped back, and threw a match.

I saw about 8 small flames come up all over the lawn, and the following day it smelled of dead carcasses for a good week.

That killed them all, not the fire, but the lack of oxygen.
>>
File: simpsons-fire.gif (1B, 486x500px)
simpsons-fire.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>1124636
>>
>>1124549
Remove the blade, problem solved.
>>
If you buy a cat to kill the moles, does it still count as doing it yourself?
>>
This sounds so fun shooting this turds. Use subsonic ammo to not scare them from the exit.
>>
>>1124296
>mole holocaust
molocaust

You had one job ...
>>
>>1124682

Lawnmower sits beside hole idling.
Flexible metal conduit runs from exhaust into hole.
The blade is not involved.
>>
>>1124296
Get a cat.
>>
>>1124508
OP do this. Use the high concentration bleach (12.5%) The gas is makes will be super heavy and sink. Just be very careful and wear a gas mask if you have access to one. Once I read what you were doing and that you wanted them to suffer this instantly popped into my mind. Death by chlorine is one of the worst ways to die.
>>
>>1124431
I actually have an exhaust attachment at the hardware store I work at for precisely that purpose. I was laughing for like a half hour when I found it because it was kind of tucked away in the area of misfit shit nobody wants. I wonder how easy it would be to make a triggered bleach/ammonia thing to mustard gas them out.
>>
>>1124296
>release badgers into mole mounds
>moles are gone

youre welcome
>>
>>1124296

Try this, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjj8j_VWR-I
>>
>>1124542
That's grim don't do that
>>
>>1124636
Thos sounds awesome! Brb. Feeding and breeding moles and then torching my house...
>>
>>1124600
Put out cat food. Borrow the neighbors cats.

I do this a lot.

Get opossums and wtf ever else though also. Is a fair trade. My bro has a pet opossum. I also have eaten a few.

Greasy little nasty rat fuckers, but pretty harmless.

Also, they don't veit cong my fucking yard.

I have a bumb leg

Thebkast thing i need is to break my good one because some blind retard cant go to the woods to live.
>>
>>1124525
Fucking lol.

My neighbor already things i am the biggest redneck and loves my bullshit.

>drags out forest gump style 30 year old snapper mower
>drags out garden hose and 12 guage in the middle of town

*uhhh.... hey anon whats up.

*get down! Charlie in the lawn.

#it'scommingrightforus
>>
>>1124730
Badgers are like stronger, nastier cats with bigger sharper claws and teeth and a bad case of TB.

You'd have more of a hell of a time evicting the badgers afterward!
>>
>>1124899

Yeah but no more moles!
What are some natural badger enemies?
>>
File: 41Bp3UuAd9L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
41Bp3UuAd9L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1124296

I am at almost 200 kill count over a few years with two traps, no more moles.

Humane, then you just wedge a shovel, make a hole and bury the cute little fucker.

I dont like poison, i dont like spring traps, these just suffocate the fuckers in a few seconds. $30 or so total spent

https://www.amazon.com/Various-Black-Hole-Gopher-Trap/dp/B000P9F1JQ/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1486057816&sr=8-27&keywords=mole+trap
>>
>>1124899
That's when you bring on the King Cobras.
>>
>>1124682
lawn mower engines dont like to run without blades
>>
pumping mole tunnels full of propane and then igniting it works well. just keep in mind that propane gas flows downhill
>>
come to think of it..... using propane on the moles is gassing the moles. OP can have his mole holocaust
>>
make Cl gas with saltwater, car battery, and carbon electrodes. Cl is heavier than gas and them little furry fucks will run bail die before they make it anywhere. Gonna have to block off the holes. Could try a can of that spray insulation.
>>
>>1124990
What? Both my mower will run without the blades engaged.
>>
>>1125091
He's talking about single blade push-mowers with an aluminum flywheel.
On those the blade acts like a flywheel to keep the crank spinning when at idle speed.
>>
>>1125000
that will also destroy any vegetation
>>
>>1124899
moles are not a worthy enemy for me any more. my blood thirsty cat slaughters most of them, but occasionally I will map out their holes and pump them full of water then shoot the runners
>>
do you think pouring cement into the holes would work
>>
We used to go up in the hills, catch a garter snake or two, let'em loose into the holes. Seemed to help keep the fresh holes from appearing for a while.
>>
>>1126222

They are BURROWING animals. They will dig around the cement.

OP just use the Hank Hill approach and BBQ some rodents with propane.

There's actually a grentext pic of a guy detailing how he handled his moles the same way. He pumped so much combustible gas into the tunnels and when he ignited it his lawn exploded and looked like a tiny WW1 trench warfare scene. He had a big mole problem.
>>
>>1124713
>molocaust

Came here to post this
>>
maybe let them live, grass is the biggest meme
>>
>>1124946
But then we would have to release a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snakemeat.
>>
Check out Rodenator.com they sell a commercial mole extermination system. Only thing to consider would be if the moles have dug under your foundation a big enough explosion could cause damage.
A cheaper solution would be using blood meal put some do all the holes you can find and cover it up after. The meal is caustic and burns the moles paws. They will move away.
>>
>>1126252
Does anyone have this greentext?
>>
>>1126252
>They are BURROWING animals. They will dig around the cement.
The solution is to pave all your land. Simple.
>>
>>1126650
Dont have that but I'm guessing it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDEira01c0Q
>>
Gas the moles race war now
>>
>>1124425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8
>>
>>1124389
If it's as personal as you say do this but use a Hawaiian sling, frog gig or any spear as opposed to the 12. Just don't accedently stab the hose.
>>
>>1124296
You should have said "Molocaust"
>>
>>1124525
youre so full of shit
>>
Read the comments...what a bunch of knuckle dragging fucktards you bozos are
>>
>>1124296
Yo man, just do what this guy does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6_RyrkXlLE
>>
>>1124296
You could gas them with CO2. Burning lungs and violent spasms would show them who's boss.
>>
>>1128794
literally this.

Just take a bucket of dry ice and upturn it over each hole you find during the day. The CO2 will displace the oxygen in the hold and suffocate them
>>
Save this fucking thread. It is hillarious. Bunch of Killbillies trying to create the most painful Moleacaust. :DDDDDDDD
>>
>>1124296
get a cat
>>
I would not want to be a varmint on /diy/
>>
>>1124431
absolutely 3rd Reich
>>
File: 36346737347.png (197KB, 296x269px) Image search: [Google]
36346737347.png
197KB, 296x269px
>>1124296
caster beans are extremely toxic. They resemble a beetle, take a caster bean and stick in their tunnel and they will eat it thinking its a bug. pic related
>>
>>1124431
>>1124546
there is a system called p.e.r.c(or so.ething like that) that does that. basically a gas powered aircompressor that pumps its own exhaust into the tank and you stab hose ends into ground and smogs them to death.
>>
>>1124296
I used to watch my uncle kill rabbits by dousing a cow pat with kero, lighting it and then shoving it down the hole and cover the entrance. The rabbits would come running out of other holes for about 20 yards and then drop dead.It may kill moles too. I don't know why it works, but I'd keep away from the fumes.
>>
>>1130695
We're there too many rabbits?
Sounds like a waste of meat
>>
In Australia we don't eat much rabbit. It is treated as vermin.
>>
>>1130830
>>1131871
And to add to that, yes there is too many rabbits in Australia.

Their warrens cause quite a bit of damage to properties. Our government in its infinite wisdom has, several times now released some virus or another to specifically target them and wipe them out. It works for a while, then they come back as strong as before, just now I'm too concerned about what side effects it would have on me in the long run ingesting the remnants of those diseases to risk eating rabbit.
>>
>>1131874
Sounds awesome. Why dont you eat them?
>>
Have you guys tried killing off the insects?

t. Also have a mole problem but weighing the potential benefits of moles in controlling the Japanese beetle population
>>
Gas the voles race war now !
>>
>>1131874
Fucking Australians
>oi mate these fucking rabbits ate eating all our crops
>let's release a flesh-eating virus to sort them out
>>
>>1124934
From what I saw during my road trip, cars
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfsLydzaHEI&t=94s
i smoke
>>
>>1124636
goodbye rato
>>
>>1124296
The only sure fire way to get rid of them forever is rather labor intensive at first.

You have to dig a trench about 2 feet deep and 6 inches wide and fill with rocks along the borders of your property. This will create a barrier that they can not tunnel thru to exit or enter.

Next you have to kill the ones trapped in the perimeter either by traps, poison or cats. Once they are all dead, you will never have any more problems unless the perimeter rock trench gets breached by someone removing the rocks.

PS, if you have a lot of them, you may just need a pesticide to control the grubs in your lawn that they are feeding on. but that is just too easy O.o
>>
Human hair will scare the moles away, it's biodegradable and it'll get the job done. Go to your nearest barber shop and ask for hair.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170219-104839.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170219-104839.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>fill with propane and light a match
Won't work for me, pic related. I have an infestation, with over fifty mounds at the moment. They are at the far ends of my property and I don't fertilize or do anything other than mow.
I'm more concerned with the ground squirrel holes I've found around my foundation.
Field mice are controlled by poison and proper food storage and keeping things clean.
>>
I got 4 moles from someone and put them on the lawn of a rich shitbag who stiffed me for around $100.

Later he called me up to ask about this and I told him there weren't any in his area but came for a look and brought my camera

The photos revealed a Molepocaylypse and I nearly peed myself laughing about how bad it was
>>
>>1133492 moar

You can pump in propane gas into the holes and it will permeate the soil (heavier than air) if you are a poorfag with access to pesticides.

I would use methyl bromide, a commercial agent but ONLY if the people would not be home that weekends
>>
>>1133432
they eat earthworms
>>
>>1124296
My grandfather always used glass shard (broken bottles) with syrup on them, placed in/on the mole's heaps
>>
File: MAA452.jpg (32KB, 300x406px) Image search: [Google]
MAA452.jpg
32KB, 300x406px
>>1124296
Oh and once they're dead, you can pick them up, skin them and make a WW1 era Belgian artillery officer's uniform from them.
>>
How do you not call it a molocaust ?
>>
Get castor oil, silver dioxide with phosphorus. Boil it down, pour it into the mole holes.
>>
>>1134083
this guy
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.