[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, help a /pol/ack out. I have this old ring, the problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1348x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1348x1124px
Hey /diy/, help a /pol/ack out. I have this old ring, the problem is it's made of a very soft and brittle metal. I want to replicate it in some harder metal, but it's filled with details, what do?
>>
>>1124046
>but it's filled with details
Nonsense, a casting could take those details easily.
Lead and tin can be melted in a soup can over a hot stove. If you're willing to build a simple foundry, you can pour hotter metals like aluminum or brass.
>>
>>1124046
use wax to make a mould and recast in some other metal
>>
You don't want to make it in something too hard or it'll either be too brittle or impractical for you to cast it at home.
>>
>>1124105
Recast... in a wax mould?
>>
>>1124136
Look up "lost wax casting"

You make a mold from the original item, make a replica in wax, form a mold in clay or something around the wax, melt the wax out, fill the void with the metal, then break the clay.
>>
>>1124141
>Look up "lost wax casting"
Yeah, maybe YOU should do that. You use wax to make the pattern, not the mold. If you tried to pour molten metal into a wax mold, you'd just melt the mold itself and end up with nothing but a puddle of molten metal and flaming wax.
>>
>>1124145
You're literally just restating the things the person you replied to did.
Maybe you should look up "reading comprehension".
>>
>>1124136
>>1124145
>bla bla bla bla bla

use fucking google
>>
Just have it 3d scanned, then you can 3d print thousands of them.
>>
>>1124046
Bro just ask a jewler, the Jewish ones are usually the most skilled, perhaps take it to one of their shops?
>>
>>1124147
What is with the poor critical thinking lately? Seems like every day there's someone who can't put two and two together.
>>
Stick it up your... oh never mind.
>>
Make a silicone mold, cast wax into it, and use the wax for casting in metal
>>
>>1124174
Underrated comment
>>
>>1124145
Jesus fuck anon im sure he didnt mean to dump liquid hot metal inside of a wax mold.

Calm the fuck down
>>
>>1124379
Lost.

Skipped right over it.

Topkek for recording you getting ot appraised at various JEWlers
>>
(((JEWelry)))
>>
>>1124046
>very soft and brittle

you don't say? lmao
>>
>>1124174
Nah man, Jews charge to much. Fucking Jews.
>>
>>1124174
>most skilled
>>1124767
>Jews charge to much

And now for some deduction.
>>
I guess it's clear that OP already has lead poisoning.
>>
make a mold by incasing it in wax or some of the other mold methods: plaster, vacuum, ect.

then melt copper in there or w.e
>>
File: 1483309499023.png (177KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1483309499023.png
177KB, 460x460px
>>1124046
>>
3d print it
>>
1- Make a silicone mold to get the details
2- Pour wax into silicone mold
3- "Lost wax" casting in fine sand and molten aluminum or whatever you want
>>
Amazing looking ring. I would use a sand cast with aluminum or bronze.
>>
>>1124046
kys
>>
>>1126501
This
>>
>>1126501
This is the only real option in here.
>>
UPDATE. I've tried making a mold, always somehow get fucked up. the wax i pour into the silicone ends up looking like pure shit. what do
>>
>>1128241
Mix the silicon slowly and by hand with a spatula, and use a vacuum pump if you can get access to one to draw air out.

Imagine air bubbles = jews
Exterminate them
>>
>>1124168
3D scanning usually comes out with shit details and 3D printing makes it even shitter
>>
>>1128264

>imagine air bubbles = jews
>exterminate them

killed me lol
>>
>>1124046
Try a 2-part silicone mold
Relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRj6xzNx7P4
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.