[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cinder Blocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What's a resonable price per unit on Cinder Blocks if I'm planning on using about 100-150 of them?

I want to build a two or three block high half-wall to line one side and the back of my driveway, partially to keep the grass out of my gravel and partially to edge things up and make them look nice. I also plan on using the open tops of the top layer to put some soil and flowers in for the wife.
>>
>>1123771

FYI, asking so I don't get cheated or pay enirely too much for them. This is new to me.
>>
>>1123771
Between $1 ( lot of 1000) and $1.50 ( lot of 1)
>>
>>1123771
>>1123772
Use real masonry bricks and a tad bit of rebar ties, the green ones. So you can fill them with gravel to hold, and put a nice capstone on top. It will do much better to edge and improve the aesthetics of a property than traditional cinder blocks.
>>
>>1123783
I plan on living here for quite a while and I'm not terribly concerned with what others might think of the look. I didn't plan on joining the bricks in any way, just stacking them since it's such a short wall.

I also do not want to spend more than about $200 on the whole thing, if I can get away with it.
>>
>>1123771
do you have your own truck?
>>
>>1123812
You can accomplish what I said for about the same price give or take 50 bucks.

Thing with cinder blocks is if you have no fill(rocks hell even dirt), or cement/glue even it eventually will over turn no matter how small
>>
>>1123772
>>1123771
Do you like haggle with the home improvement store using chickens as barter or something? I'd go as high as 2 chickens per block if I were pressed, but will do my best to get 3 blocks per chicken.
>>
>>1123771
I have found them for as cheap as 75 cents (USD) per block on craigslist.
>>
>>1123771
http://www.homedepot.com/p/16-in-x-8-in-x-6-in-Concrete-Block-068H0010100100/100322580?MERCH=REC-_-NavPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-100322580-_-N

$0.89
>>
File: IMG_6545.jpg (193KB, 800x1019px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6545.jpg
193KB, 800x1019px
Only $1 on craigslist
>>
>>1123780
Second this.

Buy 1,000 and sell for 1.50 if you in a rural area. Be surprised how fast they move. I could own a factory and never have enough...
>>
>>1123985
I'm from a rural area. I've seen a shit ton of cinder blocks, concrete blocks, whatever you want to call them. People use the shit out of them, especially farmers. I have never seen a single person pay for any though. Don't think that business plan will pan out.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170201-112529.png (94KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170201-112529.png
94KB, 1440x2560px
>>1124006
Don't really care if it makes money. My rich buddy and me are building a shitty rock quarry and making concrete highway dividers for construction accross the street from a rock quarry. Stupid mutherfuckers jewed the land owner and he will do about anything to piss those guus off. Hell, we may even vrush and sell rock at cost hist to piss of the other guy and employ a few buddies.

I have yet to see a quarry that has rock still go out of business.

10.50 a ton for screened rock 3/4" to 4"

50 25 ton loads or so a day.

No fucking way $13,000 a day in operating costs. I'd love to put that pkace out of business then double my prices.
>>
>>1123893
Keeeeekkk
>>
>>1124567
Just read it.

I am fucking dead.

Every goddamn craigslist retard you deal with in 1 fucking post.

I put a hot tub on fb for 100 bucks.

0 replies.

Put it on for free yesterday.

Wake up and throw phone into the other room.

85 messages.

Fuck... off...
>>
>>1124915
most people don't even read the fucking ad anyway. i tried to sell 2 small oxygen and acetylene tanks a few months back. got about 50 emails most of which were you're typical bull shit. had about 15 people that said they'd come have a look at them. only 3 ever showed up and those 3 came expecting big tanks when i clearly said they are small tanks and even listed the exact sizes. those 3 also expected the hoses, cart, regulators, torch ect to be included despite the fact the ad clearly said "TANKS ONLY"

ended up getting pissed off and just giving the fucking tanks to a neighbour
>>
how many do I need to build my own castle
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.