[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could these greenish plates contain asbestos? This is from a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: menuiserite.png (1MB, 1310x615px) Image search: [Google]
menuiserite.png
1MB, 1310x615px
Could these greenish plates contain asbestos?

This is from a house in Europe built in the 70s.
>>
>>1123399
>is there something behind this picture of some plank

maybe, maybe not, nobody knows, its a mystery.
>>
File: IMG-20130916-WA0002.jpg (18KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20130916-WA0002.jpg
18KB, 313x286px
Yes. You have cancer, sorry anon.
>>
>>1123399
The asbestos ducts i dealt with look like fiberglass if that helps. Just get a breathing mask and spray it with water if you dont want cancer and wont be doing this shit daily.

It does cause cancer but not without a lot of exposure.

Source: orobably gonna die of silicosis from a lifetime of making rock dust.

Pretty similar.
>>
Its east to test. Just break off a small bit, crush it in your hand and breath it in.

If it smells like chalk its just chalkboard, if it has a lemon scent its asbestos
>>
>>1123399
Old asbestos isn't even dangerous unless it's disturbed. You can just leave it alone or cover over it. Even then, if you gutted a house yourself and stuffed the shit in garbage bags, you wouldn't have enough exposure to get cancer. The whole thing is overblown for anybody who didn't work in a factory/shipyard/spent 8h per day crawling around in it for 20 years.

If you're really worried about it, get an environmental company to test it. I had some material tested once and it was about $100-$150.
>>
>>1123494
>>1123604

If this were an American house it could be very bad. OP could die any second just from looking at it, but since he's in Europe he may be okay. As everyone knows, metric silicosis isn't nearly as bad as imperial silicosis.
>>
>>1123604
It is overblown but I would still take precautions by at least wearing a mask.
>>
>>1123399
Better pic? This looks like styrofoam. Try it with a lighter, if it melts/burns, it's not asbestos.
Grow up dude, if you don't breathe it in on purpose, you're mostly fine.
>>
Is that drywall? You should add more grain to your picture. Focusing the subject would also help.
>>
>>1123625
I agree with you, that should be just common sense. As >>1123494 said, wetting it to keep the dust down is also prudent.
>>
>>1123637
Hello /p/. You expect an OP dying of asbestos exposure to follow the rule of thirds, I suppose? Or is that a meme?
>>
>>1123399
just burn the house down. if everything burns but the green stuff, it was asbestos.
>>
>>1123399
likekly non friable.

if you're looking to replace, go ahead. most dumps ill take them
>>
>>1123631
>>1123637
I have no access to the house right now, that's the best pic I have.

Those are underroof plates, on top of that are red roof tiles.

If I wanted to get rid of them, would I have to completely de-tile the roof?
>>
>>1123848
>do I need to remove the tile if I want to remove what is under the tile?

hmm..
>>
>>1123850
Well maybe I could just remove a small portion of tile and get the plates out through there.
>>
>>1123857
what is your endgame here, Sir?
because, otherwise, you be setting fire to it, spraying it with water, trying to remove it through gaps smaller than the object itself - its all not gonna end well, and, you'll still be none the wiser, how much longer you'll have to live afterwards.

The reason I ask, if you take that shoite out, waht is/was pĆ¼robably there for a purpose, s'prisingly enough - what are the tiles resting on? and then you have no insulation, and from the looks of that roof angle, you fucked for putting in roll insulation fom inside, etc - as said, I dunno where you trying to go with this.
>>
>>1123860
Just looking to see if there's a cheaper way of getting rid of them.

De-tiling an entire roof is pretty costly, I assume.
>>
>>1123604
My dad died of mesothelioma and he didn't crawl around in it for 20 years.

We have no idea where he got it from desu, he was a cameraman and did documentaries, could have been from when he was filming in factories abroad but who knows.

Fucking awful way to die though, and the cancer can pop up 40 years after exposure.
>>
>>1123870
It can just happened naturally.
>>
>>1123619
Lol. Mfw i have 2 sets of tools because 'merica...
>>
>>1123638
I never did worry about it. Just hit it with a hammer and my foot. Tossed it into the bin out back, crushed a beer can on my head and flexed at the neighbors like a real man
>>
>>1123870
There are several reasons for getting any cancer. It's not very straightforward, this cancer thingie.
I am a geneticist.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.