[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

plumbing question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: horses.gif (2MB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
horses.gif
2MB, 300x375px
Lately when I turn on my hot water in my shower the pipes whistle and they vibrate, however today the vibrating was extremely loud and I could physically feel the vibrating. It was sort of a hum getting louder each second until I turned it off, which occurred about maybe. 2-3 seconds after I turned it on. At first I thought it was no big deal, however now I'm thinking it may be the water heater. Should I attempt to fix this or just call in a pro? I usually browse here for many things but never anything plumbing related.
>>
>>1123368
just in the shower? no other hot valves?
then it's the shower valve itself causing flutter and hammer
>>
>Make video
>?????
>?????
>Profit

https://is2.4chan.org/wsg/1482965092216.webm
>>
The mixer internals could be worn out or covered in hard water buildup
>>
>>1123368
my shower whistles too but only when the washing machine is filling

not sure why
>>
>>1123740
Fuck off
>>
You have some sort of restriction in the line. There could be a lot of different things cuasing it. Fixing stuff like this is sorta a process of elimination
>>
>>1123370
Yeah it just seems to be the shower´s hot valve, is this dangerous to use? I know it can damage the pipes.

>>1123834
Alright, is there a website that can point me in the right direction?
>>
>>1123837
Idk. Just google it i guess. Id start with taking off the shower head. If that doesnt work it might be something in the shower valve. If you have a single handle kind try replacing the cartridge mabey.
>>
You could try jamming the tap washers into the spindle, works sometimes, might reduce it.
Most of the time its because the plumber didn't secure the pipes in the wall enough.
>>
I had to call a plumber, apparently the plastic pipe for some part was melted because the last plumber was a cunt.
>>
The water pressure makes the tubes vibrate numbnuts, you need more fasteners to clamp it down
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.