[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marching converter for euphonium/baritone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 192x262px
Hey /diy/ im too stupid to do this but,
Im looking for ways to be able to convert a concert Euphonium to a marching one using lead pipes or pipes in general. I've seen them for tubas, but nothing else. The pic is a concert one and i was thinking of adding some tubing to the end of pipe for the mouthpiece to exyend to my mouth when in marching position.
Any thoughts? Thanks for replying.
>>
File: J45909000002000-00-180x180.jpg (8KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
J45909000002000-00-180x180.jpg
8KB, 180x180px
This is how it would look like if it were in a marching position, it would rest on your left shoulder,
The pipe sticking out is where the extender would go
>>
File: jep1000m_5.jpg (129KB, 325x572px) Image search: [Google]
jep1000m_5.jpg
129KB, 325x572px
Another converted marching picture where you see the mouthpiece (the grey thing )
>>
>>1123346
Terrible idea.
If you just extend the piping it would throw off the tuning and you could never play in tune.

My buddy who repairs instruments had to rebuild a tuba from a marching to a regular one and he had to rework all the valves and lead pipe. You'd have to rebuild the thing
>>
>>1123350
Makes sense about tuning issues,
So do i have no hope then?
>>
what corps are you even trying to march? maybe a local school would be willing to let you practice on one.
>>
Just get a mellophone
>>
>>1123346
We would need a pic of your actual instrument. I'm pretty sure what they do to convert those is cut the pipe down the line so to speak, like 6-10 inches from the mouthpiece? Then they make two replacement pipes, one is like what they cut off, the other winds around and comes out so the instrument is configured for marching with it on your shoulder. But they're the same length pipes, or close enough that you can tune for it. I marched a marching baritone in high school, it'll work you out holding that up for a halftime show! The shoulder hold would be much better.
>>
>>1123369
Quads wuz heer
Baritone is baby weight
>>
>>1123384
Pfft... You got a harness, that's like cheating! Joking anon, I respect drummers if for no other reason than you make that stupid crab sideways march almost look good!
>>
if i can march with a concert tuba you can walk with a euphonium
>>
>>1123434
and without a harness too btw
>>
You might just want to buy a marching baritone, instead of potentially fucking up your nicer concert one, or just learn trombone and borrow one.
>>
Extend the pipe from the tuning slide pipes. Measure the distance to the current mouthpiece and you'll have your approximate distance you'll need your new pipe. Add a tuning slide to your new pipe.
>>
OP here, all good ideas, ill try when i get the chance

The reason im doing this is because my hs (18 yrs.) Doesn't have any, so i wanted to be anle to do this if they ever wanted to use a "marching" Euphonium
>>
>>1123346
does it not have a ring that can be attached to a carrying neck-strap
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.