[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wall Painting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0046.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Any advice on how to best paint the wall near these fireplace bricks?

Should I just get a really small brush? Or is there a better way to do this

I will reply with a closeup photo.
>>
File: IMG_0048.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Sorry for the rotation.

Here is the closeup. It will also probably be rotated
>>
>>1122929
essentially, how to paint into a crack without touching one side

no real good way to do this unless u remove the bricks

u can tape off the bricks side and use a small brush and be careful about it and use a brush and do dipping motions pushing into it
>>
>>1122930
My only guess would be getting some broad masking tape and sliding it in behind/folding it around the edge of the brickwork, then use a flat brush to get in as deep as you can.
>>
>>1122929
The technique is called "cutting in." Don't use a shit tier brush. Lots of vids out there.

You will have to go back and fill in small places using a fine brush.
Don't care for masking tape as it tends to make folks sloppy about painting.
>>
>>1122929
You could put a small amount of vaseline on the bricks to keep the paint from sticking. 2-3 cm out from the wall would do it and would wipe up nicely. Otherwise just cut in and be careful to clean up the errors with paint thinner and a rag before it dries.
>>
>>1122929
looks like a large gap

Get thin flashing thats folded, like drip ledge for instance.

Push into gap, pull slightly away from wall and secure to brick. You may need to build some kind of frame around the bricks to attach the flashing to.

you will end up with a Vee shaped gap between metal and wall, with them meeting in the gap behind the brick.

Should let you get some paint behind the brick pretty easily.

after drying and removing flashing, just touch up here and there with tiny brush

If you have the insanity and patience, you might find a way to do the same thing with heat shrink type plastic, like is used on windows in winter. Then you'd be able to get in really close, but have to make sure plastic doesn't remove paint with it.
>>
>protip: take a screen shot of the picture you want to upload, then upload the screenshot instead of the original picture. This will keep the picture from rotating
>>
>>1122929
Paint brush for grout lines. Can roller the brick and do different colors. Old landloard had blacck grout paint and yellow paint bricks. Looked cook
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.