[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with RP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: raspberry-pi-logo.png (50KB, 511x642px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry-pi-logo.png
50KB, 511x642px
I'm really interested in building/coding something with raspberry pi. But I don't know what.
Do you have any ideas what good projects for beginners are there.
Bonus points if it is useful afterwards.
>>
I have been meaning to build some type of heating control for my garage. It would control airflow by lambda probe, temperature reading of exhaust gas, and control circulation pump by reading temp of water in/out.
Maybe also ambient room temp reading to start circulation if system is approaching freeze point.

Other things I've thought about is car computer, for streaming audio from smartphone to car stereo, front and back camera for reading license plates to check with a database of known civilian cop cars, cruise control that adapts to speed limit from GPS
>>
File: Fo1_Intro_Water_system.png (268KB, 743x550px) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_Intro_Water_system.png
268KB, 743x550px
Well... since everyone on DIY is building their own off-the-grid underground shipping-container bunker complex, how about a life support regulator. get some CO2, CO, temperature, humidity, and water quality sensors and rig it to an aquaponics/ventilation/scrubber system. That way once the bombs fall you wont have to send some poor schmuck out for specialty parts every time the damn water chip or whatever burns out.
>>
>>1122614
Anal probe with temperature log.
>>
On another note: it's zombie apocalypse. You have materials and an RP. WHat do you build?
>>
>>1122648
Literally Internet of Shit.
>>
>>1122614
I'm putting some serious thoughts into seriously figuring out how to turn a Pi zero into a wearable emergency button for a grandma I know. She walks about a mile and a half every day by herself to the store and it is causing some concern in the family. A system that sends an SMS message would be fantastic. Some kind of radio alert to a base station at home could also be feasible due to the short distance.
>>
I'd like to monitor some home fermentation out of gas flow. It seems there are no as is flowmeter sensors for gaseous fluids so I was thinking about a turbine as I'm interested in the fermentation activity and not the gas volume itself. Do you think it could work?
>>
>>1122614
Do you know how to do basic server shit? If not, learn that first. Setup a tor node, openvpn server, security camera, repeater... If you want to build a drone or something like that you should go with an arduino instead, learn C and a whole bunch about electronics.
>>
>>1122668
with picam and rp3 wifi? auto turrets... probably need some stepper drivers though
>>
>>1122673
She won't have time to use that while she is gang raped by rabid bucks and squirrels.
>>
>>1122668
A mechanical fleshlight out of reclaimed zombie pussies and windshield wiper motors. The pi is to run one of many programs, at random, that will give me a new experience every time.
>>
File: Ukrainian Rocket.jpg (56KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ukrainian Rocket.jpg
56KB, 864x480px
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-29_20-48-43.png (83KB, 820x514px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-29_20-48-43.png
83KB, 820x514px
>>1122680
Seconding the tor node and ssh. OP could also host a webserver on his pi and fuck around with it. One thing I would recommend though is using raspbian testing instead of stable. Stable is outdated as fuck, while testing is up-to-date but also pretty stable.
>>
>>1123077
Also he should change the default password if he sets up an ssh server facing the internet. And learn about port forwarding and setting a static IP on the local network for his Pi in the dhcp settings.
>>
>>1122614
Nobody has figured it out yet
>>
>>1122614
Get yourself a PXFMini or other flight controller shield and build yourself a GPS-navigated drone
>>
I use mine to mine for bitcoins. Been running for about 2 years now and I have about .000041 bitcoins
>>
>>1123316
Im guessing thats around 3 cents worth of bitcoins and 7 bucks worth of electricity..
>>
Mine is hooked to the TV at home and I use it as a home cloud and server for other local stuff.
>>
tired of these threads. go to the fucking forums!

SAGE!
>>
>>1122678
If you have GSM modem, you could send SMS from it with gammu, however that would be big and you need a power source (like power bank) and I doubt that your grandma will charge it Everytime she goes out
>>
>>1123339
Shit, wrong reply
>>
>>1122673
If you have GSM modem, you could send SMS from it with gammu, however that would be big and you need a power source (like power bank) and I doubt that your grandma will charge it Everytime she goes out
>>
>>1123327
I'm proud of my 3 cents lol. Besides it might double or even triple overnight!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.