[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found /diy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170127_162015.jpg (3MB, 3288x1469px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_162015.jpg
3MB, 3288x1469px
This wrench was found in an intersection. By the looks of it the original handle snapped off. So the unfortunate owner hammered a steel pipe over it. Then he drilled holes in the end for hanging. It is a Rigid by the way.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>1122283
i doubt it snapped it looks more like the pipe was for leverage
>>
>>1122283
Paul Allen is correct. That's a cheater bar. They are good ways to bend or break your tool. People who don't have the correct big ass wrench with long ass handle use cheater bars. Just keep in mind that if the pipe doesn't bend of break first, it can bend of break your tool. Use a hammer and a blowtorch if something is that stubborn.
>>
>>1122323
as a person who works with a real skinny indian man who still needs to brace against a table with both feet using a meter extension to remove M8 bolts sometimes it's not a terrible idea. also if your just lazy or want a real nice smooth action afforded by the lower force required.
but if you don't have the body of an anaemic 8y/o with a wasting disease then yeah thats why its called a cheater. you are only cheating yourself.
>>
>>1122324
We use them mostly on well rigs. We were not allowed to use pipes past a certain thickness because they would not break before the tool would break. Sometimes, there'd be 4 men pulling on one cheater bar while other people hammered on the cap or pipe we were turning. In other situations we had to use them because you either couldn't get into the area to turn a normal wrench or it was too dangerous to have a human being down in there.
>>
>>1122326
>there'd be 4 men pulling on one cheater bar while other people hammered on the cap or pipe we were turning

nohomo but got to be honest anon this made me hard
>>
>>1122323
I'm not lifting anything heavier than a steel 48" 400 times a day. Fiberglass cheater pipe or get fukt
>>
>>1122326
Mfw

Hey anons. Today you are pulling dtill pipe with a pulling unit because im a cheap cunt.
Ahhh.... wat....
>>
>>1122283
If it's a rigid you're in luck since that's one of the nicest pipe wrenches you can get.
I would knock the cheater off the handle and use the pipe wrench correctly, the handle isn't broken underneath fyi
>>
>>1122283
free wrench(with cheaterbar)... nice. its allways nice to find tools
>>
>>1123541
aluminium?
>>
>>1123609
best i've found was a pair of made in the usa irwin snips

also found a diamond core bit - thought i couldn't use it until i found it threaded exactly on my angle grinder
>>
Just how much stuff can you find just lying around?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.