[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i build 4 stroke engine(Petrol)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Homemade 4 stroke petrol engine.png (364KB, 664x406px) Image search: [Google]
Homemade 4 stroke petrol engine.png
364KB, 664x406px
Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2w4LmD59Nc
>>
You wan to build something that is mass produced for relatively inexpensive?

Cast a block of iron or aluminum, then use your 6-axis CNC machine to cut away all the bits you don't need.
>>
File: 1480908212674.jpg (61KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1480908212674.jpg
61KB, 635x473px
>>1121966

is there any kind of business where i can give the designs and build, pistons etc ? sadly dont have enough tools
>>
>>1121968
machine shop
>>
>>1121968
just curious have never asked ,had no idea, is it expensive?
>>
>>1121970
lol wrong reply.

>>1121972
>>
>>1121968
Ok then cast a block of iron or a aluminum roughly in the shape of a four stroke engine and then file it down by hand.
>>
File: 393.jpg (38KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
393.jpg
38KB, 597x600px
>>1121961
you can make little hobby motors with a small engine lathe/mill combo. people have been doing it for decades. there are plans on the internet for free. you don't need a 6 axis machine or something crazy.

should be able to get yourself set up for less than 500$. having the space is the real pain.
>>
>>1121972
>is it expensive?

Yes.

I can't begin to give you a price range, though. Prices will vary (and wildly) depending on what you want done, what tolerances you need, what you need it made out of, what kind of equipment they have available, where you are, the alignment of Jupiter in relation to Betelgeuse...
>>
>>1121994
so i guess, self aluminium casting is a better options
>>
>>1121996
For castings you still need a machine shop, unless you want to file everything down by hand. Doing so could take a long time
>>
>>1121961
So do you just want something to burn petrol, spin, and make noise so you can step back and say "yaaay i built a thing!" Or do you actually want to do something with it? Because you're going to be better off results and price wise with just buying a lawnmower or pit bike engine if it's the later. Building shit for building's sake is sure fun though. If you got a block of aluminum and a big enough drill press you could make something by hand that would at least turn. Maybe look up plans for the Brigs and Stratton flat head engine as there's very few parts.
>>
>>1121996

As pointed out, casting only saves time and material on surfaces that don't need to be precise. Any and all contact/bearing surfaces (cylinder, piston, crank, ports, valves, etc.) will still require machining. I doubt you could do it with a file even if you had the time and patience. At the minimum, you'd need some sort of inspection/reference pieces, which, themselves, would be practically impossible without some machine tools.

If it's really small, you could cheat a little, use a drill press as a mill, and get by that way. (Drill presses not made for sideways loads, probably need to replace bearings, etc.)
>>
Kek can somebody post the bingo card?
>>
>Any suggestions?

Yes. If you have to ask here you have a lot of studying to do and there's nothing this thread can really help you with because of the depth involved other than pointing you to hobby machining forums.

>so i guess, self aluminium casting is a better options

No. You need to machine the castings.

A hobby machine shop is a nice thing to have. Expect to spend several thousand dollars minimum which isn't bad compared to other expensive hobbies like cars or motorcycling.

You can take machine shop courses and often build your project in school. Instructors love that shit if you are dedicated.

Step one, become a decent student machinist while studying everything else you'll need to know concurrently.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.