[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build my own desk out of wood and I was wondering,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Desk frame top.jpg (63KB, 1444x502px) Image search: [Google]
Desk frame top.jpg
63KB, 1444x502px
I want to build my own desk out of wood and I was wondering, is this a good frame?
My computer, mixer and other heavy stuff has to be on top of it.
>>
Kinda hard to tell what I'm looking at, but from what I'm gathering it looks a little overboard. As long as your supports are evenly spaced throughout the extra horizontal parts are unnecessary. Also are you only working with 2x4?
>>
Way too much bracing if that's 2x4.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_145829_01_01.jpg (4MB, 3480x3791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_145829_01_01.jpg
4MB, 3480x3791px
I'm also building a desk, the top is made out of 4 2inx10inx10ft that are pocket holed together. The 2x4 that is already screwed on is the back. The red lines is where I will put more 2x4s and the u shape in the middle is where the chair goes, the top is currently upside-down.
>>
>>1120644
>and other heavy stuff
Guys, it's obvious OP is just being shy and him and his 300 kg land whale of a girlfriend are getting on top of this assembly as part of their routine re-enactment of sea lion socialization as their community service in the education of children about endangered species. A task they were set on after OP was caught red handed eating everything. Absolutely everything.

That desk top frame, hence, is wildly under built. OP is going to need the strongest metal, diamond, and a graphene mesh re-bar set in a fiberglass composite cement to deal with the titanic sheer stresses for even 1 second.

OP, you're going to need to consult with an engineer as to how to cover this span. You could die if you don't engineer the span properly, as on collapse a singularity will be emergent at the impact point and as the event horizon rends you apart into pairs of virtual particles, you'll regret not hiring an engineer, and hiring an architect. DIY == DEATH! P = NP! QUID PRO QUO!

So, you might want to do the more simple thing and build it out of a shipping container. Any shipping container certified for space flight will be acceptable. Just make sure it's certified by the national board of shipping container engineers and cleared by NREL.

There, now aren't you glad you asked?
>>
>2D
>no dimensions
>doesn't appear to be to scale

this is bad, get a pencil and paper and try again
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.