[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of curiosity, how much does fixing weak floors cost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-01-23-12-11-19.png (132KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-23-12-11-19.png
132KB, 720x1280px
Out of curiosity, how much does fixing weak floors cost?
>>
>>1120187
if its just the floor and you are handy with a drill then price up 3/4 to 1 inch ply.
if its the joists underneath then considerably more.
of course if its rot or infested its even worse.
>>
>>1120187

Go take a look at it. Like >>1120188 said, you can do it yourself if it's just the subfloor. If it's the joists, then you're screwed. If it's water damage, you likely have mold issues and problems with the plumbing or roof.

If you have the money and its a bank property, give them half of what they're asking and they'll take it.

You should really go look at it though. Get a pair of shitty clothes on and climb under the house to see what the damage is from. If you can dig a screwdriver into the joists at all, then they're rotten. New joists are a pain in the ass to put in if you can't sister another to it.
>>
>>1120188
This pretty much.

Usually a weak floor is due to water damage.

You really need to take a look at it. If the joists are fine and it is just a bad or rotted sub floor, it's a matter of tearing the floor out and putting down a new sub floor. 23/32 T&G is $23 a sheet here. Glue and screw. Then install a new flooring over it.

Bad joists are usually more work. Sometime you get lucky and the layout allows for you to just sister the existing joists with new ones.

It could also be failing supports. Previous owners could have removed a load bearing wall or support column in the basement. These are harder yet to fix.

It could even be something like massive settling or improper foundation. These are insanely expensive to fix.

You will want a competent contractor to look at it and likely a structural engineer.
>>
>>1120187
>week
>>
Last time I had some joist and subfloor repairs done on my rental, the price was about ~800 with material and that's because the guys doing it were moonlighting for half as long as I paid cash.

This was only a small section of one room.

You're talking over a thousand easily for a whole room

If someone wants to do it for less that, then let them have it. I'd rather work less than bust my ass for almost nothing.
>>
>>1120200
>>1120198
>>1120188
They said it's black mold, termite and bee infested. It's a bank owned that's been stuck forever for obvious reasons, just wasn't sure if the repairs are worth it.
>>
>>1121499
Better off tearing down and build new or drag in premanufactured onto lot.
>>
>>1121502
Lots 2 acre but barren, so probably best to keep looking. Home is 3000 sq ft so value was it in if salvageable. Thanks y'all.
>>
>>1121499
>black mold, termite and bee infested
sounds a real winner anon. Its worth whatever the lands worth, minus whatever it would cost to remove the AIDs infested fleapit from the surface of the earth and start again. Which all maybe aint as bad as it sounds, you have amenites, no problems with planning, maybe usable foundation (garages, etc.).

Maybe be indeed rescuable, youd need to figure out if thats viable yourself, pay the cash and put on a bee-suit ;) I definitely wouldnt count on it tho, unless prepared to accept it just ´based on the land value - theres maybe good reason no fucker would touch it otherwise, apart form the bees,
>>
>>1120187
Why is your screen red? Did you fall for that unsubstantiated meme?

You know that study was only done on like 5 people right and all of them knew the details of the study prior to enrolling
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.