[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric skateboard DIY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: electric longboard diy.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
electric longboard diy.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
i've got the idea in my head to make an electric longboard DIY
i'm thinking 10S2P configuration (10 cells total, 5 cells in series in two packs that are in parallel) so it'll get good top speed around 20mph and good range around 10 miles

has anyone else attempted something like this? is it better to get kits like a motor kit and battery pack kit and put it all together or go raw parts and CNC your own motor mounts and wire your own battery packs with battery management systems etc?
>>
>>1119708
Here are some links you might like OP;
http://hackaday.com/2016/12/27/long-range-electric-longboard-outlasts-rider/
http://hackaday.com/2017/01/04/another-electric-longboard-goes-the-distance/
>>
>>1119708
I you dont have access to cnc i have seen motorized trucks up to about 1,000 watts. Insane tourque cause small wheels. Then u just throw a pack and charge in and go. Been watmnting to do it myself.
>>
>>1120159
with a nylon you could probably 3d print almost everything you need, nylon filaments are fucking strong as fuck
>>
is eboarding the new vaping?
>>
5S2P.
10S2P would be 20 cells total.
>>
>>1120284
Cool. Would be fun to try. My wifes company might close ao we saving and broke as dick for the rest of the year... fucking kill me. No money for fun.
>>
>>1120350
Nah, these were around before vaping got big.
>>
reminder to use this calculator to find a good balance of speed and torque
http://toddy616.blogspot.com/2013/07/electric-skateboard-calculator.html?m=1

in general, lower motor kv = higher board torque, feels better to ride and more responsive, but lower top speed

keep your wheels above 90mm, you can get clones of flywheels brand wheels on ebay, like the 97mm variety

dual motor is great and feels nice to ride but you need two motors AND two ESCs so costs add up
>>
>>1119708
>10 cells total, 5 cells in series in two packs that are in parallel

Just for reference, this stupid bit of slang that the RC crowd invented means nothing on its own.

For all I know, it could be a "10s2p" configuration of button cells. Also, "10s2p" is 20 cells total; 10 in series, and 2 parallel, 10-cell strings.

Either a V/Ah spec, or just straight-up Wh is much more useful.

Anyway. Unless you already have the equipment and know-how in how to design one of these from scratch (or are explicitly wanting to do it for a learning experience), it's probably not going to be worth the hassle. Unless you're really strapped for cash, yet still just HAVE to have one, it's best to get a kit.

If you have a particularly knowledgeable buddy with equipment, however, it's not the most difficult project. Everything is relatively straightforward, and it's a popular enough thing to do that there's plenty of info online on the topic.

Been thinking about doing one myself, actually. Wanted to do it a long time ago, but my interested has been piqued again since I learned that California made them legal, relatively recently.
>>
>>1119708
I hope it gets a malfunction and speeds up like crazy when you stand on it
>>
>>1122026
wow. y so mean??
>>
>>1122026
that's like the meanest thing i read on the internet the whole week!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.