[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windmill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170122_122850.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_122850.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Alright, trying to replace this copper off this rod with some permanent magnets to make a little windmill. I'm just wondering the best way to go about it, and to glue the magnets back on the rod. More pics to come.
>>
File: IMG_20170122_122857.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_122857.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: IMG_20170122_122909.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_122909.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
>>1119596
youre not going to make very much power out of that

if you still want to do it, leave the copper on the rotor and drill divots in the core (where the slashes were done for balancing). put your magnets in the divots and epoxy them in place.
>>
>>1119596
or how not to make an electric generator, by OP.
>>
>>1119603
Alright sounds awesome. But, what would be a better diy generator? Am I better off building my own from scratch, copper and all? Or getting something bigger, like an alternator?

>>1119604
Sorry for my ameture approach. This is my first time trying this kinda thing and I needed to start somewhere.
>>
>>1119596
Judging by the commutator i would guess thats a DC motor. If you still have the brushes intact (they have wires connected to them and would touch the end of the armature on the opposite side of the coil from the fan) i would just replace the stator windings instead of tearing apart the armature and glueing magnets on it. It would be a lot less fucking around.
>>
>>1119596
just get an alternator from a junk yard
>>
File: WEEEEEE.webm (2MB, 384x294px) Image search: [Google]
WEEEEEE.webm
2MB, 384x294px
>>1119603
Came to post this.

>>1119606
Do this >>1119603 first since it will be a very quick install and you can play around.

If you want to make something more powerful, you will need to buy some enameled magnet wire to make your own coils and pair them with some N52 magnets. The easiest way to do this is to attach them to something that already has a spinning parts and some nice space to mount everything to. Like a junk ceiling fan motor. Those have nice flat spaces.

If you don't want to make your own generator in that manner, just use any DC permanent magnet motor and crank it with something. Those can be sourced from lots of easy places. Some AC motors will work easily if you slap a bridge rectifier on them.

How much energy are you wanting to create? That is where to start.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.