[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter is busting my scrotum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Hahahaha-Yes.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
Hahahaha-Yes.png
40KB, 152x254px
How can I insulate my window? I'm renting, so I can't do any fancy stuff. I'm kinda freezing a bit at night time.

To hell with the sun.
>>
hang blankets
>>
>>1119429
How do I keep them in place?
>>
File: 3M-indoor-applied.jpg (158KB, 1000x741px) Image search: [Google]
3M-indoor-applied.jpg
158KB, 1000x741px
>>1119414
Window insulation kits
Its saran wrap for your windows with double sided tape
You throw it up, and then use a hair dryer to keep it taut.

It works wonders for old drafty windows
>>
>>1119449
Sheeeeeit. This looks like I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Further input appreciated.
>>
>>1119445
velcro should work

or use some sticky backed hooks
>>
Hot glue cardboard to the window frame.
>>
>>1119451
I did this for the back room.
Problem is I have old casement windows. Can't seal them of like that. So I made a 1x2 frame that fits inside the window opening and wrapped that. Really did a good job for being a quick and dirty fix. The little bit of extra plastic that hung over the edge helps seal drafts. (really made these things as tight to the opening as I could)

Have an idea to use lexan/plexi with a more permanent mounting. But what I built has lasted two years so far. This summer the plan is to replace the old windows with insulated ones.

Of course the full up backwoods solution for my room was a blue tarp held up by salvaged hard-drive magnets. Looks like shit but does cut the draft.
>>
File: (87881) IMAG0567.jpg (376KB, 1396x1788px) Image search: [Google]
(87881) IMAG0567.jpg
376KB, 1396x1788px
>>1119548
pic related.
Told you it was a Q&D solution. :)
Thing is you can't see them from the outside and those blinds never get opened anyway.
>>
File: ANSI Std. Cat.jpg (486KB, 1468x968px) Image search: [Google]
ANSI Std. Cat.jpg
486KB, 1468x968px
>>1119552
cat for reference
>>
I use a candle to detect the worst areas then tape over them.
>>
File: Foil-faced bubble wrap - Amazon.jpg (335KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Foil-faced bubble wrap - Amazon.jpg
335KB, 1500x1500px
Bubblewrap, the kind that is made out of mylar
>>
Thanks for all the input!

>>1119661
>I use a candle to detect the worst areas
How exactly?
>>
>>1119451
i did this when i lived up north and it works surprisingly well. additional tip is to run a dehumidifier in your room to generate more heat and itll clear the condensation off the plastic that accumulates
>>
>>1119553
nice pussy, mind if i play with it?
>>1119753
different anon but its for detecting where the draft is coming in from
>>
>>1119758
Aha, Thanks!
>>
I just did the windows in my workshop. Have an insulated roll up garage door with single pane windows. I cut some sheets of polystyrene foam into rectangles that fit snugly into the recesses of the window frames without adhesives. I pop them in and out depending on how cold it is and my desire for scenery. Turns out they let a good deal of natural sunlight pass through, too.
>>
>>1119764
In case anyone cares, I cut the foam with a utility knife I heated up with a small blowtorch using a steel rule as a guide because I haven't gotten around to making a hot wire foam cutter. The large sheets of polystyrene were free, a score from large appliance boxes on the curb from going for walks on trash night.
>>
File: catnoozl3.jpg (864KB, 2096x1548px) Image search: [Google]
catnoozl3.jpg
864KB, 2096x1548px
>>1119758
>nice pussy, mind if i play with it?
sure.
>>
i used one of those saran wrap window kits and then added one of those thermal black out curtains in front of it. my thermostat registered the room at about 7 degrees warmer
>>
just buy some blackout curtains or really heavy-duty curtains and wrap some of that survival heat retaining blanket shit around the edges of the windows
>>
Buy an electric blanket, electric mattress cover, and an electric throw.

I did this and I don't even turn my heat on in the winter.

It cut my power bill by ~80% last year. It also leys you sleep better because the room is colder and you're under the heat
>>
>>1119414
1/4 inch 4foot X 8foot sheets of styrofoam are about $4.00, cut to fit and they will insulate very well.
>>
>>1119753
>>1119758
alternatively use incest stick smoke
>>
Nigga just put on sum clothes.
>>
>>1119414
Want to see out?

The window film is the answer but the tape took the paint off our window frames.

Dont want to see out?
Goto lowes and get some styrofoam.

Cut it to fit rhe window exactly.
Silicone caulk in place ( easy to remove) tape any seams with packing tape.

Or. Nail heavy blankets over the window.
>>
File: 1480057936792.jpg (20KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
1480057936792.jpg
20KB, 350x261px
>>1120746
>Incest stick
>>
>>1119414
In the past i've hung a heavy towel by pinning it to the wall. I've also swiped some partial sheets of rigid foam insulation from a debris pile at a construction site. Trim to fit with a sharp knife. I worked graveyards so blocking the light was an extra benefit. I also lived in a bssement suite briefly that had 6 mm poly vapour barrier taped over the window casing. My cat didn't like being denied sitting and looking out at the world so she pried a corner off. Anyways, it seemed to help.
>>
>>1119414
>thread is called "winter is busting my scrotum"
>on /diy/
>27 posts in and nobody suggested the scrotum warmers yet
What the hell is wrong with you, /diy/?
>>
>>1121634
>What the hell is wrong with you, /diy/?

We want people like you to stay on /b/
>>
>>1121637
>noFunAllowed.jpg
>>
>36F outside
>windows open
>in underwear
>balls still sweating

Build a mining rig. Make money while your balls sweat.
>>
>>1121644
>being unhelpful is fun
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.