/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do to make this livable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: 57f2d40906b35.jpg (43KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
57f2d40906b35.jpg
43KB, 600x337px
Cringe, yes I know. Living in a vehicle, this small, that is 2 from the 90s? Anon are you out of your mind!?
No, I just have to, undergrad was expensive. I just received my first med school acceptance letter. Great, except I won't be able to work in med school like I did these past 4 years.
Solution: Live in my truck for the year, and save every dime I have in preparation.

So, now that I'm done with my sob story, how do I make this livable? I'm planning on tinting my windows, not too dark as I'm trying to keep my bed on wheels low on the radar. I will park in a corner in my university parking garage and wake up before everybody else does ( i already do anyways). I'm thinking of removing my passenger seat and possibly building a flat platform with hinges so it can fold up. +soft layers for a makeshift bed.

How do I do this? OR, any other ideas welcome. Thanks in advance anonbros
>>
btw not my vehicle. same exact, but mine is WAYYYYYYY uglier.
>>
>>1119188
Having camped in an old C-10 Chevy I can tell you the insides of that will get drenched from your breath and it will suck in the winter. Cabs aren't made for living in. So you will need circulation/ventilation and insulation.

I put a camper shell on my old truck. Let me use a full(ish) sized air bed. water supply with sink. Insulation on the bed walls, and glued insulation on the roof. Depending on how much juice you pull you might need a camping battery and solar to keep it charged without having to run the engine and flush gas money.
Didn't live in it for uni, rather used it for camping by the lake.

Realistically, you should try to find some other folks that want to split rent on a small apartment and put in for every form of financial aid you can get.
>>
File: IMG_4885.jpg (43KB, 550x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4885.jpg
43KB, 550x356px
>>1119188
You can gat an actual camper for them. Probably can get an old one for cheap.

Other wise this >>1119195
>>
>>1119200
Those standard v6 automatic extended cab S10 get a real world 16mpg or so. There are full size trucks in that era that actually got better gas mileage.

You throw a camper on there, the wear tear and lowered will cost him as much as renting some cheap room somewhere in the long run
>>
>>1119195
thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think the condensation would get that bad. Is there nothing i can do to stop that? Maybe pop the back 2 side windows open and lower the front two windows slightly? The bed of my truck is too small and shallow, I'll check around if i can find a camper shell for that fit but i doubt it. Winter is not a problem where I live, its the heat and humidity that will kill you in the summer. I will of course try to catch most of my snoozes during the day on the couches in the school library or elsewhere on campus but some days between school and work schedule, I will have to retire to my truck.
And trust me, this is not my first choice. I have yet to find a place like that where I will be able to save up enough to stay afloat through med school. My family makes too much for me to eligible for financial aid so that's not an option.
>>
>>1119200
>>1119202
this, I have a 2.2L inline 4cylinder engine. That would kill the poor thing. plus that wouldn't fit in the parking garage. which is the only place I can think of to park.
>>
>>1119208
I love my 2.2l, but it moved a heavy loveseat with it, and it bogged the fuck down.
kek
>>
>>1119213
right? I love my ugly heap of metal.
I had to load some bags of gator dust in the bed to bring to a job site, put a couple bags in and tried to back out of a hillside driveway and the back of my truck hit the street and was stuck because it loaded the back down soo far. haha
>>
>>1119188
Post your current budget for making this liveable plz.

As a university student I at least expect a non detailed budget.

Ive lived in a f150 with a camper shell 5 months. It was6.5 long.
>>
>>1119188
Does your truckbed have tir down spots? Use ratchet straps as your platforn. Cheap and non permanent
>>
>>1119243
>>1119246

Same guy here. I meant tie down straps like ratchet straps that go across the truck bed and make your platform instead of building one with lumber.

I can't find examples online but it'.s what I did. Also had a portable battery charger and jumper kit that poweres my electronics.

I slept in the bed though.

If you pull the passenger seat and need power will you be driving to school? Or walking/bus? I recommend solar or depending on your spot a dual battery setup so you have storage for the night.

Lots of stuff to consider. Power to you OP. Also what city? How much is rent?
>>
If you have too much money for financial aid, ever think about asking your parents to help with an apartment? Im sure you could pay them back once you are wealthy doctor.
>>
>>1119243
monthly income: +1000 from work
insurance: -100
food: -50 (free around campus if you keep your ear to the ground, free meals at work)
gas: -50
phone: -80

monthly total = +720
6 month total = ~+4300
12 month total = ~+9600
also have side business where in the warmer months I make an average of 1400 a month.
during summer I am able to work for relatives in another city and make roughly 2000 a month.
but that's another story.
----
>>1119246
Yes they do, but how do I go about not being seen if I am sleeping on a platform stretched on the top of the bed of my truck?
I can charge all of my electronics in the Uni facilities. only need the truck as a place to catch a 4-8hour shift in the case I can't find a couch to crash in the library.
City X in the deep south. Rent here is almost equivalent to NYC because of the extreme influx of people/workers. Thankfully Uni is cheap (8k a year).
>>1119257
I have begged, and grovelled, and thrown away my pride. But the 'rents built their way up from poverty (dad was homeless once), and want me to do the same. I understand and embrace that fact though. I won't be paid like a wealthy doctor till I have a license ~10 years from now?
>>
>>1119188
start hooking
>>
Get an old dirt cheap pop up camper.

They can be light as hell.
>>
File: 1368815622STLC5X8SI2C6.jpg (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1368815622STLC5X8SI2C6.jpg
148KB, 640x480px
>>1119304
they will catch your ass in no time with a pop up.
what op needs to get is an old enclosed trailer. It will just look like some dude is working there instead of living there.
>>
>>1119306
I like the idea, but I really don't think my small engine could pull that.
>>
>>1119306

Who will catch you?

There are free campgrounds and public parking everywhere.
>>
>>1119282
Have you been looking for a camper shell? You can use magnets or Velcro depending on the build and make makeshift curtains.

Im in the tx med center and found a good sugar momma whose husband died. But before that I arranged parking in a guest spot at a condominium.

Used craigslist to find a place to park nicely and securely for very cheap. Just had to move every day to a different spot.

If you cant find a camper shell there are alternatives though but a camper topper with sliding windows is very nice for the city and the beach or camping.

I feel you on the parents. At age 24 I was able to finally get better aid and a scholarship.

For parking does your school have seperate buildings like a gym or aux parking?

I was able to just put my school ID in my dash and never got towed but things like that vary depending on what school.
>>
Get a topper or whatever its called for the bed. Insulate it well and sleep in there.

Either keep important stuff in a locked trunk bolted to the bed, or buld a small raised platform, or keep it hidden from view in the cab where its more secure.

Try and back thd truck up against a wall if when you're away for long periods.

Hook up an inverter to the truck battery to charge your shit.

Shower at the campus gym.

Deal with everything else as it comes.
>>
>>1119319
Guy, a fucking 96' Honda Civic can pull a trailer like that.
>>
>>1119387
Son, a 73 Datsun 510 can pull that trailer.
>>
>>1119188
Buddy, I lived in my 2006 Honda Civic Coupe for 19 months, supposed to be 6 but dragged on longer than I thought. It's doable. Cleanliness, health, self-discipline, and being lowkey are integral to success.

I am a minimalist and accumulate about 45 to 55 days a year backcountry backpacking so i'm used to getting by with the bare necessities.

My kit consist of a down sleeping bag in winter, a light one during summer. A couple changes of clothes. A naptha backpacking stove, pot, and one of those collapsable water jugs. A headlamp for reading at night. Toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, soap, Q-tips, and babywipes made up my bathroom stuff.

I carried several days worth of canned goods & looked for high vitamin & protein content. During the winter I boosted the caloric intake. I also popped a daily multi-vitamin.

My entertainment consisted of my smart phone loaded with music and movies, I briefly had a portable DVD player. I quickly got to know where all the free wifi was. I kept several books on hand. Frequented the library, coffee shop, did lots of walks around town & hiking. Randomizing my daily routine so it didn't become monotonous. Jogged a lot at the civic sports fields & swam in local lakes. All my stuff packed nicely in two Rubbermaid totes in the hatchback (I'm a neat-freak, I like my car clean).

I know someone who had a 1/2 ton Chevy and found himself a cheap canopy for the back. He built an elevated bed with plywood, layered with a foamy and put all his gear underneath it. Had a dog too and he camped out in the local Walmart as it was safe & no one hassled him. He also had access to a power plug at the bsse of a lsmp standard.

------

Randomize where you crash out for the night to avoid any hassles. You might be surprised how some people quickly catch on to that. You'll know your environment best. I spent most of my time up on logging roads in the surrounding hills where I am but even then I saw lots of crazy stuff. :)
>>
As far as power and a second alternator and run a second battery to the back with an isolator so it doesn't kill your starting battery
>>
>>1119387
>ops truck and a 96 civic both had about the same horse power ~100hp and the same torque ~110lbs while having similar gearing (2.2l slushboxes and rear difs were geared really poorly for towing)

The only difference is that one weighs 2100 pounds and one weighs 3600 pounds.
I dont think you understand how underpowered and worthless these trucks were.
>>
>>1119406
Underpowered doesn't mean it can't tow. You can tow that trailer with a Suzuki Jimny or a Morris Mini if you want.
Stop being a babby.
>>
>>1119422
You are getting too caught up in whether its physically possible or not.

The question should be, is it reasonable? And the answer simply is no.

>literally telling someone to tow close to sticker rated capacity in a mid 90s automatic transmission GM
When you are planning on living in the fucking thing, you dont take an underpowered truck which has a finicky failure prone transmission and lug around a trailer every day.
Whats wrong with you?
>>
>>1119431
Towing a small trailer isn't a big deal. Stop making such a fucking fuss about it.

In Europe people commonly tow caravans, boats, and trailers with 1.4L Golfs and other small cars.
>>
File: isolator.gif (112KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
isolator.gif
112KB, 600x565px
>>1119402
second alternator? By the time you rig that up (even if it fits) you would be better off with pic related.
>>
>>1119208

Our family shares a 94 S10 with the standard 2.2 manual trans and I've overloaded the living fuck out of it constantly with the biggest load being a full 1900lbs of stone. If it didn't have helper springs it would have been on the ground. Dam thing is invincible. Clutch has been so abused by teaching friends how to drive stick but it's 198k on it and keeps going. Love that truck. Even with the horrible shitty green peeling paint and rust bed special.
>>
File: 01111_l6syFcCOySu_1200x900.jpg (160KB, 844x900px) Image search: [Google]
01111_l6syFcCOySu_1200x900.jpg
160KB, 844x900px
This is for sale in my local area for $250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7CXgy6gnnQ
>>
>>1119188
whats wrong with a camper top that either doesn't have windows, heavily tinted, or covered by fake of "junk" like boxes/containers like would be in a camper on a truck someone works out of.
Hell, some people make their own camper toppers with plywood.
If you have a sliding vent window as your back window then you are really set, since you can get in and out from the cab, lock the tailgate/topper door shut, and the cab will be empty so it just looks parked, not lived in.

BTW camper toppers were actually for camping in, instead of a tent in the truck bed.

Is there a camp site with low rates near by? There are rules about how often and how long you can be there to prevent people from living there, so you have to find out the rules and plan it out.
>>
File: cheaptopper.jpg (17KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
cheaptopper.jpg
17KB, 300x200px
>>1119683
forgot pic of cheap topper
>>
>>1119455
Maybe, if we didnt have 20 years of experience to look back on for this particular vehicle.

But we should know better.
>>
>>1119372
ill start looking now, starting to warm up on the camper idea. And yes we have that but I thought the University parking garage was a good idea since some students live on campus and I could just back up next to one of those in a corner so its hard to see inside when the uni police patrol car drives through.
>>1119379
exactly. will shower early in the mornings at the gym.
>>1119387
its not just the engine, The max tongue weight is 200. and the sticker for max towing capacity is 1700lbs. Its a manual 2.2l with 190k miles. rusted out, shakes, rattles, screams, and is about the ugliest damn thing on the road. I seriously doubt I wouldn't roast both the engine and transmission trying to pull anything.
>>1119658
same except the 1900lbs, wouldve busted straight through the leaf spring on my truck im sure ha.
>>1119683
yall are really making me consider the camper idea, ill have to see if there is one in my area for a stepside chevy. the bed is very small so i wonder if there will be any
>>
>>1119776

You need a proper tow hitch installed. sounds like you are using the bumper mounted hitch, which is crap.

https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-37042-Multi-Fit-Receiver/dp/B000CQOIR8/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet%7C47&Model=S10%7C488&Year=1994%7C1994&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

Notes: 500 Lb. Tongue Weight/5000 Lb. Gross Trailer Weight, Weight Carrying, 600 Lb. Tongue Weight/6000 Lb. Gross Trailer Weight, Weight Distributing, Drilling Required For Some Applications, Unique Installation Requirements For Some Applications, Requires Access To English And Metric Socket And Combination Wrenches, Multi Fit Hitch For Cars, Vans, Suvs, And Light Duty Trucks, Installation Time Varies, Hitch Class III/IV
>>
File: Screenshot_20170122-215116.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170122-215116.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>1119188
Fucking camper shell and matress. Living ina car sucks bro. Good luck.

Also, if u cant already, learn to cook on top of your manifold. Get a 12 volt cofee pot and food cooker from a truck stop. Fuck the little trays or cleaning it much. Lay a big chunck of foil in the cooker. Fold foil over to keep from poping up into the top and make a mess.

Eat out of it and throw foil out.

Wipe down cooker with a bleach rag or wtf ever u want. May not even need cleaned.

Pic related.

Also, mutherfucker will kill a battery. Idle truck when cooking and do not leave it alone or fall asleep. Gets hot as shit... dont die.
>>
>>1119188
>med school
Just take out student loans. Sure you could live in your truck but it isn't worth it. I rarely advise people to take on debt but you already have shown you are committed by finishing an undergrad degree.
>>
File: Apache-popup-camper.jpg (21KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
Apache-popup-camper.jpg
21KB, 600x404px
>>1119188
>
> Sten
> short bed
> step-side
> how do I make this livable?

You don’t, you have so little room it’s not even worth it.

Get a camper trailer, preferably hard-side but even a pop-up will be FAR more practical and livable and won’t have to drive your home around town.
>>
>>1119205
apply for merit scholarships
>>
>>1119282
>the 'rents built their way up from poverty (dad was homeless once), and want me to do the same
your parents are throwing away the American dream, the true American dream
which is for your children to live an easier life and be wealthier than you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1yJWhRWBzA
You could also try to sell your car and buy an old van, but that might be too costly, and it might be a bit less inconspicuous.
>>
>>1119319
You can pull that size with a four banger. There isn't that much weight to them.
>>
>>1119282
>I have begged, and grovelled, and thrown away my pride. But the 'rents built their way up from poverty (dad was homeless once), and want me to do the same. I understand and embrace that fact though. I won't be paid like a wealthy doctor till I have a license ~10 years from now?

Shit nigga, join the Air Force and let Uncle Sugar pay you with tasty benefits, then go to school afterwards on their dime. You can do college courses while you are in and if you get into a medical specialty life is fucking cake. AF medicalfags have very nice lives.
>>
>>1119188

>tfw I will be living in a tacoma in a month

Im planning on just throwing a tarp over it. As long as you can make an area dry and draft free, even cheap shitty blankets are enough to keep you warm as fuck. As far as parking goes, I am planning on parking out in fields on the tree lines until planting starts. No one around, can move to a new field every night and no one will fucking know.
>>
Where do you live OP?
>>
>>1120836
People who were born very poor often despise those that were not - even of they happen to be their own children.

So they try to make them "suffer" before they deserve the chance to get a decent life.
>>
>>1119188
trump supporter yeah yeah i get your mentality.

Just take out loans, the ammount of time you're going to spend sneaking around campus to save a few bucks could be spent studying. Not to mention how much proper sleep you're not going to be getting. Just take a loan and pay back the interest instead of risking flunking out because you spent all your time and energy trying to save a few bucks in rent.
>>
>>1121612

>Just take out loans

I
I>
I
I@
I
I
>>
File: living-in-pickup-truck.jpg (41KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
living-in-pickup-truck.jpg
41KB, 500x387px
I know it's kind of a cop-out on this board but consider selling the truck and buying a cheaf af van. If that isn't practical for you, consider just buying a camper shell and making some shelving and bed. Had a friend do this after graduating, except he wasn't going to medical school and just drives around taking pictures and blogging, occasionally do odd-jobs to save up enough cash to move around.
>>
>>1121898
http://indiepf.com/advice-for-extended-truck-camping/

meant to post a link for reference.
>>
OP here,

Student loans - Those require a cosigner for a borrower at my age (21). Parents will not cosign, I've tried. They really aren't as bad as this sounds, I promise.
trading my truck for a van, I hardly think I can get more than 250 for my truck, it really is that shitty.
I do plan on signing for army as soon as possible to pay for the majority of med school. Though they are very selective so its not a guaranteed thing.
Brother I salute you. Good luck.
Louisiana is where I am located.
I like the pic. and thats awesome, wish i wasn't constrained like this.

Also, tomorrow is the last night I will be in my apartment anons!

Seemingly last minute thought, what the hell am I going to do about my driver's license? I don't have a street address? I bought a PO box at my university, can I somehow use that to switch on my driver's license and insurance? Or how do solve this problem?
>>
>>1121612

>get in debt

Its literally the worst advice ever.
>>
>>1122382
Could you not set ur address as your parents place or as a motel somewhere?
>>
>>1119208
they sell some that are slim
if you're really stressing for clearance make a popup. all you need is a camper shell and some support that can fold
>>
>>1119188
just get an rv or a trailer, get a roommate, go to a KOA, and have him pay the monthly fee. it's usually around $300.00 a month and they provide water, sewage, electricity, and even fucking cable. you'll have a real bed, a real roof and a real stone cold nigga there with you
>>
>>1121899
this guy's a fucking dummy
just find the nearest planet fitness and hand them $10 a month to use amenities like shower and toilet. bonus if you can afford a club that's 24 hours.
>>
>>1122469
Parents moved to a different state. A motel? Would that work?
>>1122487
KOA?
>>1122490
I did get one of those memberships for the showers and a play to hang out
>>
>>1122487
And see above as to why a trailer or rv is impossible
>>
File: g_shipping-crate_145c.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
g_shipping-crate_145c.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>1122533
Look on craigslist for an old boat trailer, you can get them for next to nothing (or nothing) then put a box on it.
Go to a local shipping place and shit and see if they have any unused shipping crates that you can just bolt to the trailer or put in the bed of your truck and turn into a little cozy room
>>
>>1119402
why a second alternator? why not just replace the current one with a bigger one
>>
File: 4EpVZVv.gif (2MB, 254x275px) Image search: [Google]
4EpVZVv.gif
2MB, 254x275px
>>1121898

>didn't even bother to hide the PISS JUG
>>
>>1122818
Hey, everybody does it. When you're short on money and space you can't afford to be a prude. What's even the problem?
>>
>>1119205
>My family makes too much for me to eligible for financial aid
Ask them to lend you some shekels.
>>
File: 1480191377997.jpg (36KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1480191377997.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>>1121612
>loans
>>
>>1119188
if thats what you have i have a few suggestions.
1. you buy a camper for it which you will not be able to camp in discreetly.
2. buy a cap off Craigslist and use the bed to sleep in. i did this in my dodge but it was full sized and worked awesome.

Pro fucking tip build a platform that goes over your wheels wells and lay a sheet of plywood on top of it you will have room for storage and then you have a much larger bed to sleep on.
get some led lghts for the cap and a power invertor to run things. you could even get a cheap solar setup if you wanted to charge your phone and laptop.
condesnsation wont be bad if you crack your windows.
most walmarts will let you park overnight.
if you need to shower get a gym membership or sneak into/ buy a year long pass for a state park (that has camping year round) the showers are free and always open.
as far as cooking buy one of those coleman propane stoves idk about you buy i love warm meals and find it hard to eat sandwitches all day.

you will not be able to camp most likely in a trailer or camper anywhere they will kick you out of places this is why you get the truck cap as you can usually be discrete.
>>
>>1122382
yes, PO box is fine anon, for anything except interviews. they just need an address to send mail to.
If you explain situation I feel like 95% of big store managers wouln't have a problem with you parking in the back of the parking lot.

Also, in case you havn't checked, rural areas have strong social networks, ask all the local churches. Esp catholic, we network like fuck.
Entirely possible you'llbe able to make a deal for renting a garage or poolhouse to sleep in for $100/month or similar deal, or a connection to a local business who will let you park overnight as long as you're gone by 9, or guy with empty lot same thing.

Hell, you might get lucky and find someone who will rent you a room for an IOU for after medical school,
>>
>>1119881
This. For med school, totally worth it. Masters in English? Not so much.

Wells Fargo has some good student loans if you can't get by with just federal. Since your folks have $$, you'll get the benefit of their (presumably good) credit on your application. Go post on the personal finance subreddit asking about loan options, they'll point you in the right direction.
>>
OP here, a few things ill address.

>>1123081
>>1123745
Thanks for the fantastic advice. I'm going to revisit that idea and see if i cant find a cap somewhere. or maybe even just build one.
and awesome, i'll have to get that switched soon then.
I'm not too excited about the idea of going to my church and asking for alms, but I know pride won't help me right now so maybe I can try to swallow it to improve my current condition.
>>1123841
I already stated as above why i can't get private loans. my parents won't cosign.

Also, Anons, This is night 4 of being homeless. 1st night slept in walmart parking lot for 3 hours.
2nd night i think someone took a picture of my license plate and talked to walmart manager as there were two men in all black who started my way. I proceeded to non chalantly make my way out of there, and slept in the gym parking lot off to the side behind a bar. That wasn't so bad so I did the same last night. I got pretty good nights sleep past 2 days. But I think I will try to find another place to switch to tonight. and alternate between locations so that I do not arouse suspicion.
so far I spend all my day at school studying, at work working which keeps my mind off the fact that I am homeless. I honestly don't think it is that bad yet. Maybe it just hasn't hit me, but it almost feels like an adventure that occasionally sucks.
The news over at UC Berkley makes me really nauseated as they don't understand the absolute privilege they have to attend a university and not have to sleep in a vehicle.
but that is a post for /pol/ and will not mention again.
so far I have kept a memoir of every day and plan on doing so writing my experience as i go. ill try to upload it on a blog of some sort just so in 6 months from now you have the random thought of seeing where o'l s10Anon is at.
>>
File: FSA-Eligibility-11.16.12.png (359KB, 920x2549px) Image search: [Google]
FSA-Eligibility-11.16.12.png
359KB, 920x2549px
>>1125228
Just fill out the FAFSA and take out some student loans already. You're going to do a lot better in medical school if you're not having to worry about how much sleep you're going to get each night.
>>
>>1125234
Seriously, he's covered this. >>1121432
>>1119282

Sad that they wont even trump for you and give a "small" loan of a few million to get you started.

>>1125228
Well, you go into it expecting to give back to the community later on. More of a asking for help with a barn raising, or (with us catholics) asking the Don for help and owing a favor.

Seriously, given deep south, entirely possible church can hook you up with hunterbro who has no problem with you squatting/camping as long as he can trust you not to trash and litter everywhere.
Stable tenting is...not great, but stable.

Seriously though, see if you can talk to the manager @ walmart. medical student, lease ran out while you were still looking for something affordable, ask if you can park overnight in the back corner of parking lot for two or three weeks while you look.
He may say sure, he may say officially no, and if we notice well have to ask you to leave, or he may say fuck off, corporate blah blah blah.
the first two you would be better off than you are now.

Manager just cares that no mess, no lawsuit, no junkies/prostitutes, and that he wont get in trouble with home office. the first three you

Also, guarantee that if men in black catch you, itll go step 1, asked to leave, step 2, asked not to come back, possibly banned. step 3, threatened with trespassing if you come back anyway. Step 4 cops. Step 3 and 4, usually step 1 is where it stops, especially if you have a receipt from that night. eg. spend $0.35 on banana etc. with dinner and they SHOULD be required by policy to treat you as a customer.
>>
>>1125084

I posted this in another thread and 4chan is complaining about me posting it again, but there are some solid ideas in this pic in regarding van living. I know you aren't in a van but a truck with a bed cover is pretty damn close, and with some of the ideas in this thread I doubt you couldn't make it work.

I would say scale back to maybe one extra battery, an isolator, keep it in your covered bed. Get a bigger (or second whichever is cheaper) alternator and a nice inverter. But try to keep as many things as possible on a DC circuit as that will save you power (also DC appliances tend to work better than high power ac appliances on an inverter) You could probably Jew some power if you park smart enough and use an inconspicuous extension cord, or depending oh how much you drive a day you might get away with just letting the truck charge your batteries.

Also look into financial aid again, once you are no longer living with your parents support and the "household income" drops down to nothing, a lot more shit is available to you.

Good luck bro, don't get arrested
>>
>>1122382
>I do plan on signing for army as soon as possible to pay for the majority of med school.

Go to enlistment general. You have a choice of services and jobs. I strongly suggest the Air Force even if you have to wait a bit for the AFSC you want, but in your situation Navy might work too. Any service is better than nothing.

I recommend you talk to recruiters from every service BUT visit /k/ and military forums so you'll be an INFORMED consumer.

>Though they are very selective so its not a guaranteed thing.

Who the fuck told you that nonsense? Study ASVAB practice tests, take ASVAB, study more if needed, then retake ASVAB.

>Seemingly last minute thought, what the hell am I going to do about my driver's license? I don't have a street address? I bought a PO box at my university, can I somehow use that to switch on my driver's license and insurance? Or how do solve this problem?

Will parents let you use their address or are they total nutters? You can also ask DMV by going there in person.
>>
Take out the back bench seats (if it has some) then put curtains on the back half windows and back window, pull both seats up when you wanna sleep, put sleeping bag where the seats were and use a blanket if its cold, living in a car/small home is about being as minimalist as possible. Save some money up and eat off the dollar menu or get a job. The only other option would be to trade your truck in for a work van or something like that so you can put an actual blow up mattress in the back and have a tv with a generator on the outside of the van.
>>
>>1119319
Yes it can. You realize old trucks didn't have as much power as your 2.2 and pulled all sorts of heavy shit right? You won't get there fast but you'll get there. Just don't put bricks in the fucker.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.